MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

What are you playing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

What are you playing? - Page 10 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:39 pm

T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:
Gr33n wrote:
Oblivion followed by more oblivion

You Oblivioned yourself into oblivion. I\'m happy

Oblivion within Oblivion? OBLIVION-CEPTION?

...The term oblivion has lost all meaning due to overuse.

In only 3 posts? dizzy
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:42 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:
Gr33n wrote:
Oblivion followed by more oblivion

You Oblivioned yourself into oblivion. I\'m happy

Oblivion within Oblivion? OBLIVION-CEPTION?

...The term oblivion has lost all meaning due to overuse.

In only 3 posts? dizzy

That's approximately eight instances of the word "oblivion" in those three posts alone. Plus eleventy-billion instances in the GBA Kingdom Hearts game.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:47 pm

Chain of Memories was actually pretty good considering it had that weird card system.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:52 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
Chain of Memories was actually pretty good considering it had that weird card system.

My only complaint was the mechanic where you need a specific card to open doors. I got stuck in Twilight Town for days killing enemies to get one bloody card to drop. On the bright side, the rest of the game became pretty easy due to all that level grinding.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:55 pm

I grinded Sora and Riku to the max level.

It wasn't really that time consuming.

Riku's story was a much more enjoyable experience. IMO
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:00 am

Riku Mode makes for an interesting diversion and I liked the concept of Dark Mode, though Sora's story has the benefit of being able to customize your deck, so you're not stuck fighting the asshat boss using a crappy deck that doesn't have enough zeros to counter his powerful attacks which tear off large chunks of your HP gauge or enough high-numbered cards to pull of your own fancy sleights AND GOD I HATED THAT REPLICA FIGHT.

Last edited by T_L on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:02 am

I do recall that boss fight being annoying.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:23 am

Hey, I'm doing pretty well considering this game is on Hypermode difficulty! Only died once trying to swat a fly! (Hive Totem)

...Of course I did only get to obtaining two energy tanks and the morph ball bomb. Haven't even traveled far outside of the Chozo Ruins.
The Space Pirates I fought so far were pretty tough considering they were what remained of the Frigate Orpheon's crew, whom were mostly half-dead. They had good aim!
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:32 am

Metroid Prime was an awesome game, but I get the feeling I would have a hard time enjoying it now after having played less restrictive First Person games.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:38 am

The thing with Metroid Prime is that you can't really go into it thinking it'll be a straight-up FPS like Halo. It's better to approach it like it's a Zelda game, only futuristic and in first person.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:41 am

It has nothing to do with me wanting it to feel like a shooter, as it does a fantastic job of being an adventure game that is played in first person.

My issue is that the looking and aiming functionality is somewhat dated IMO.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:45 am

Oh, I just misinterpreted the original comment.

I rather like the Wii controls in Corruption and the Trilogy rerelease. It's been a while since I tried the Gamecube version, but I remember them feeling kind of awkward, though that might be because it was one of the first FPS games I'd played.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:49 am

It took me about 15 minutes to get used to it since I'm used to being able to do a full 180 with a flick of the mouse. So I adjusted the sensitivity to "Advanced" (No idea what that means or if it made a difference) and then it was just a matter of getting used to aiming. Now I'm kickin' tail.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:35 am

The higher the sensitivity the faster you turn and aim.

I usually use the max sensitivity or close to it in First Person games.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:45 am

Didn't get much further in Uncharted 2 last night.

Cousin beat it too late for me to not be tired when trying to play. >_>
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:07 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
The higher the sensitivity the faster you turn and aim.

I usually use the max sensitivity or close to it in First Person games.

Yep.
I'm just confused why it's "Basic/Standard/Advanced" instead of some sliding bar like the other options. What does 'advanced' even mean in this context!?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:09 pm

You have to be more skilled to deal with higher sensitivity?

No real idea.

Nintendo was never "awesome" at First Person controls.

One of these days they might figure something out.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Maybe 'basic' keeps the cursor in the center of the screen if you don't move it too far to the side. I will experiment with this. If true, that might make battles where I need to lock-on to opponents easier if I set it back to standard.

Just a theory. No idea until I try it.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 12:34 pm

It could be something unrelated to how fast it moves but I have no real idea as I don't have the Trilogy.

And what's this you keep saying about friend vouchers?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:00 pm

*Resumes Uncharted 2*
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:03 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
It could be something unrelated to how fast it moves but I have no real idea as I don't have the Trilogy.

It's exclusive to Prime 3 (Though still used in the trilogy for that game obviously!).
You earn vouchers for unique kills and etc. But cannot be used directly like other tokens, you have to trade them with a friend before they become Friend Tokens which you can actually use to buy bonus content. (Like a Mii bobble head and bumper stickers for your starship!)
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:09 pm

ChaosDX1 wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

It's exclusive to Prime 3 (Though still used in the trilogy for that game obviously!).
You earn vouchers for unique kills and etc. But cannot be used directly like other tokens, you have to trade them with a friend before they become Friend Tokens which you can actually use to buy bonus content. (Like a Mii bobble head and bumper stickers for your starship!)

I vaguely remember those.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:49 pm

Beat Uncharted 2, now it's time to...

Play it again on Crushing difficulty. I\'m happy
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:27 pm

Breezing thorough the game a second time and using video guides to grab all the treasure I missed. I\'m happy
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Lame.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 4:25 pm

Ryu wrote:
Lame.

Yep.

I got 100% of the collectables in Arkham Asylum without any internet assistance though.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles.

I like how the twelve-year-old girl who specializes in throwing birds at things is more useful than the adult with the legendary vampire-slaying whip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you playing?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-