MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle

The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 12:17 pm

You'll have to wait until the weekend, man. My computer is currently undergoing severe repairs.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Sounds nice. I haven't played on the same server with a friend in a LONG time. I usually just play against bots 'cuz I don't feel like fighting humans, or just joining a random server when I do want to fight humans..
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Let's keep up the random listing just for lulz! This time, what's your Hat/Misc/Action?

Scout:
Ellis's Cap (Purple) - This is a VERY stylish cap for being the second cheapest tradeable hat!
Summer Shades - They look silly IMO, but Scout pulls it off.
The Schadenfreude - Because I enjoy a good laugh at someone else's expense.

Soldier
The Spiral Sallet - Spiral Knights is a fun game.
License to Maim - Stylish, and gives me legal permission to tear you a new one. Thinking about getting the "Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe". I saw one guy with it on, and it looks good!
The Schadenfreude

Pyro
Hottie's Hoodie - Love how it matches the rest of the Pyro's uniform.
Summer Shades- The fact that they don't fit over Pyro's mask makes it look hilariously good!
The Schadenfreude

Demo
Mann Co. Cap - I own one of these IRL.
Dangeresque Too? - I won the right to wear these in a poker game and by golly I'm gonna wear 'em!
The Schadenfreude - Seeing a pattern yet?

Heavy
Heavy Duty Rag (Purple) - Looks just like the purple bandana I wear IRL! Awesome!
Security Shades - You have no idea how badass these make my heavy look!
The Schadenfreude - I have no other Action slot items for this or most other classes.

Engineer
Aperture Labs Hardhat - I got a white hardhat IRL when I was working at a job site at a water plant. I thoght "This would be PERFECT for making into that potato helmet I saw in TF2!" ...Even though I didn't have the hat in-game yet. So I went and got one!
SpaceChem Pin - Spacechem is fun! But hard. I had to look up the solution to get this pin. Maybe I don't deserve it...
The Schadenfreude - even though the Engie can easily do a laugh taunt by switching to his wrench.

Medic
The Team Captain - A Street Fighter reference!? YES! YES!
License to Maim - On a Medic it's just ironic! And as a part-time Battle Medic I use it!
Meet the Medic - Sometimes switched with The Schadenfreude. DOVES!

Sniper
Mann Co. Cap - Classes I suck at don't get their own special hat.
License to Maim
The Schadenfreude

Spy
Ellis's Cap (Purple) - Classes I suck at don't get their own special hat.
License to Maim
The Schadenfreude
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Why not? I'll "byte" (Ha ha! Computer joke because I got my computer fixed. Do you see?)

Scout:
Bill's hat (Power of Teamwork) - Looks great on him; and the team colour paint really adds to it.
Nothing - I would of put my Gold Medal on him, but it looks massive on the scout's upper body.
The laugh (I'm not spelling it) - Good on occasions, and I really like the whole "spin thing" he does. Looks fun!

Soldier:
Nothing - I don't play Soldier much, and I think his original hat is the best one I have for him.
Gold Medal - Because the badges were meant to be just for him only in the beginning.
Nothing - His laugh is weird.

Pyro:
Bill's hat (+paint) - Looks so good on him, it actually looks like it was made to be worn on his rather small head.
Gold Medal - Because... why not?
Nothing - That laugh... it's not him laughing... It's scary...

DemoMan:
Glensherry Bonnet (Vintage!) - The first hat I ever got. Also one of the only hats that suits the Demoman completely.
Gold Medal - Because.. why not?
The Laugh - Excellent for when you clear a point of half a dozen enemies with one crit grenade.

Heavy;
Bill's hat - Same reasons for the Pyro.
Gold Medal - Because.. why not?
Nothing- Actually, I think I might of had the laugh on him, I can't remember and couldn't be bothered to check.

Engineer:
Mining Light (Vintage!) - One of the only hats that actually do something! (It glows slightly in the dark.) Bow down to it.
Gold Medal - BECAUSE... WHY NOT?!
The Laugh - Because he needs two laugh taunts.

Medic:
Bill's Hat - I know I put it on a lot of classes, but it probably is the best hat in the game, from a style-fitting way.
Gold Medal - Because I own it, and you should love it.
Nothing - His laugh taunt is rather rediculous, even moreso than the Scout. But while that one was rather fuuny to look at, this one gets old quick.

Spy:
Detective Noir - Looks so good on him that it trumped the vintage Fancy Fedora I had on him befoehand.
Col Rouge - Very, very nice misc item for the Spy; for when you decide to discard the silly misc slot masks and become a true rouge.
The Laugh - Arguably the best laugh taunt. The Spy needed a "Ha ha, you suck" taunt since the beginning, and this one finally grants him that.

Sniper:
Nothing - If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Gold Medal - I'm sick of typing for this one.
Secret Saxton - For someone special... (Aka: You.)
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:38 pm

You have the Team Captain? D:
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Ryu wrote:
You have the Team Captain? D:
Yep. Nice hat. Bought it from Mann Co.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:51 pm

Well, I learned two things: Can't play Lord Cockswain, nor Demoman.

I played Demo because there were a ton of snipers hanging out in a tunnel. Figured I could bounce some grenades down there.
Well Demo's lack of a weapon that shoots bullets had me getting killed by a scout and a face-stabbing spy. The scout ran around and missed a lot, but I couldn't hit him either. I was able to keep myself facing the spy that attacked me, but no matter where I swung my bottle, his knife could reach farther apparently and he kept slashing at me until my health was gone.

The Righteous Bison and Cow Mangler are nice weapons and I thought I'd give them a shot. But how do you even USE these things efficiently!? Best I can do is spam lasers everywhere, and get killed. So I switched back to my Liberty Launcher/Shotgun loadout.

These things are good to know for future battles. Maybe I'll try Demoknight next time.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:30 pm

I'm practicing my sniping in L4D2.

What do you think would happen if there was a rifle in TF2 with a clip instead of single-bullet bolt-action?
I'd like one of those, even if it had a ton of downsides. I'm sure longer reload time would be one.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:01 am

Try the Loch-n-Load out, Chaos. A lot of people (including me), who can't use the grenade launcher worth a damn, are actually surprisingly good with the faster-firing, super damaging, 'nade side weapon. I think it's because it shoots straighter, faster and stronger, it feels more like a gun that shoots bullets that the standard bomb lobbing launcher.

Also; My Loch-n-Load is vintage, which adds to the reasons why I use it.
Back to top Go down
Cajun Canine
Admin
Admin
Cajun Canine

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:34 am

I played a bunch with Ryu a few days ago. <3
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 2:46 pm

@ Biffo: Thanks for the advice. I'll try it out.

Also I'm planning to pick up the Backburner again as a Pyro. I was killed by one easily recently and that reminded me how effective those flames were, and how much I missed it. I love sneaking around an enemy base like a spy and using that burner to 'backstab' people. Funny how I can sneak around with any character that isn't a Spy. (Including the Heavy! That sniper never saw me coming.)
As long as I don't spam the airblast, I should be fine. I'm good at collecting ammo.
And I think the best weapon for a Pyro that is frequently behind enemy lines is the Backscratcher, for more health far from medics.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Practicing with the Scout's default loadout some days ago taught me that the pistol is actually useful and how to use it.

Now my Engineer carries the Lugermorph instead of the Wrangler, and I'm killing even more people with my overly-aggressive engineering!
I must be doin' it right, because a Medic decided I was worthy of his ubercharge! ...Or maybe it was just because no actual offensive classes were around. I'll still take what I can get!

I'm a crazy engie on the front lines, destroying enemy sentries and putting my mini-sentry in their place!

I also protect ally engies. When I see one killed, I rush in to guard his nest until he returns! Especially since he was in a critical spot and not allowing any enemy through to re-cap our previous points! So useful being able to help other engineers on my way to the front line.

Is aggressive engineering smart? Probably not but you can't argue with my results!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 12:28 am

Boy, I don't know if that was just a really bad game, or too many newbies that can't find their way around Gravelpit.
Every time I went out I found myself surrounded by enemies and zero allies. Where the heck was everyone?

This story continued in Dustbowl. I was by myself guarding a point as a Medic. No ally was coming. No one. So I ubercharged myself to prevent the point from being capped as long as I was standing on it and waited for backup to arrive.
It never came.
So I guess everyone had given up on that point and left to guard the final point right? I wouldn't know. the match ended seconds later as that point was capped, so I'm guessing not.

Ah well, no matter. Newbs will be newbs.

Also tried out the Loch-n-Load Biffo recommended. Not so good for close-range defense with the extra self-damage, which is what my main problem is as Demo. Will try Demoknight with Eyelander next time.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 3:56 pm

There was an update today that was "accidentily" placed early into TF2 today, before being taken away in just under 5 minutes. However, they damage was done, many people saw it, and were quite impressed.

New bottle for the Demo-Man, a dozen new hat/misc items, a few new weapons (I think), and probably the greatest medic hat ever made.

The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Stahlhelmmedicsample7

*Drool*
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:22 pm

I like that hat.

And more weapons? Darn, I was so close to collecting them all! 'Course college did slow me down. Only play a two hours a week now. Got only two or three weapons and a crate since college started.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Yay, saw it. There was Rambo hair in this. I want to get my hands on them. Epic Grin
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Been working on my aim with the sticky lauchner recently; so far it's going good. I'm getting more kills than I usually would beforehand, I can see why so many professionals use it so offensively. It's like a rocket launcher that you can detonate yourself.

Also: Thinking of renaming my Loch n' Load. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 2:48 pm

No GOOD ideas.

Also decided I might need to get that new Medic hat. Which lead to an argument with myself with many questions starting with "Then who would wear my...?"
Quick hat shuffle later I'm all set for the update. ...'till they announce new awesome hats.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 9:40 pm

I need someone to bounce my thoughts off of as I compare these weapons. Humor me.

Can't decide which of these to use...
The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 90px-Backpack_ShotgunThe Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 90px-Backpack_Righteous_Bison

The Shotgun, as a bullet-based weapon, delivers damage instantly but looses power over range.
The Righteous Bison is projectile-based weapon, so it takes longer for it to reach the target but does not loose attack power at any range. However it also does not gain any from point-blank shots. Oh, sorry, it does but very little.

The bison can shoot through multiple targets in a straight line
The shotgun can also hit multiple targets, but in a narrow spread.

The shotgun can shoot 6 shots before reloading.
The bison can shoot 5, [Edit: Sorry, just 4] but does not require ammo. However it is very unlikely ammo will ever be an issue for a secondary weapon.
Edit: Bison also has a slightly faster reload.

Bison deals less damage to buildings. Only an issue when you're out of rockets during an Ubercharge and you're trying to destroy a Lv 3 sentry before the uber wears off as the Engineer quickly repairs it from behind. Yeah, this has happened to me.

Bison LOOKS AWESOME
Shotgun COUNTS KILLS

...Dang, these weapons are VERY CLOSE. I'm going to have trouble deciding!
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Gr33n

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:24 am

Chaos use the shotgun if you need to decide. The Bison sucks IMO.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:34 am

Could you elaborate on that at all?

I'll try it for a while and see how it handles.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 2:05 am

The bison is very slow and you can see the bullets coming.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 2:42 am

True.

...Ya know, I think I talk about weapons more than I actually play this game!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:02 am

Got a nice long play session in.

During the few times that I did have to switch to the Righteous Bison, it proved effective and my death was never the fault of this weapon. ...Unlike other weapons I could point at without gilt.

Also finally got to go back to my old strategy as what I call a "Spyro" (Basically a Pyro that sneaks around and uses a Backburner instead of Backstabs.) Saved a video of it, but I'll go back and edit it with more effects.

Ha, I go to take out the trash and as soon as I get back it's done uploading what timing!

Now this is just the rough cut of my "Spyro-ing" adventure.
Watch and be amazed as I jump off a building to ambush people, only to have no one close enough to ambush once I hit the ground!
Then see me second-guess myself as I rush out of hiding too late to give a Soldier a successful backburn.
See me be called a spy by my own teammate multiple times!
Then the grand finale, me jumping off another building and SUCCESSFULLY ambushing two soldiers to aid an ally soldier!
Hear the bomb cart make funny noises because I installed a ton of mods!

Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 5:58 am

Good news! I found time to finish the edited version!

Bad news! Internet hates me and failed to upload the video twice as soon as it reached 99% and five freakin' minutes of long uploading each.

6AM I'm going to bed even if it's not uploaded.

Edit: There. Works. Did fancy sh** to get it there.

I'm going to bed.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Gr33n

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:39 am

ChaosDX1 wrote:
True.

...Ya know, I think I talk about weapons more than I actually play this game!

at least you don't sell them for ridiculous prices (like some of us do.)
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:52 am

Pretty much all normal weapons should be worth one scrap metal, if it's more, you're getting ripped off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-