MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:15 am

I like the concept. whats it called in MC? just the pix axe right?
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:49 am

Gr33n wrote:
I like the concept. whats it called in MC? just the pix axe right?

Stone pickaxe, iron pickaxe, diamond pickaxe etc. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Gr33n

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:56 am

Oh ok calling it Stone Pickaxe (HD) would be kinda stupid. so I guess Minecrafter is good.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:00 pm

and the "(HD)" part is just to show that it is not all pixely.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:08 pm

The Scout's new pony quotes are probably the best, if only because Rainbow Dash has the most phrases that fit in TF2, resulting in very few instances where you hear Scout's regular voice. She's also the only one that's ever said "Spy" in the history of the series so far, which is a great quote to have in this game!

EDIT:

/cuz I can.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Turning off auto-reload has made me slightly better as a Scout! I can actually kill people before I die!
(Or maybe it's because he now sounds like Rainbow Dash, but I don't think that's it.)

Went online and got a nice number of kills for a Scout newbie. Three people in one life!
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Pro tip for Scout; coming from a semi-pro scout player.

1. Sandman is not as bad as many people say. Get good at using it and Heavies and Pyros will learn to fear you.

2. Best Scout Primary? The Scattergun for a balanced play-style; FaN and SP for offensive; and the SS for defensive. Adapt to the match.

3. Stick to the pistols, the drinks aren't worth it.

4. Never stop moving

5. Don't be afraid to run from a battle.The scout is fast for a reason.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Biffo wrote:
Pro tip for Scout; coming from a semi-pro scout player.

1. Sandman is not as bad as many people say. Get good at using it and Heavies and Pyros will learn to fear you.

2. Best Scout Primary? The Scattergun for a balanced play-style; FaN and SP for offensive; and the SS for defensive. Adapt to the match.

3. Stick to the pistols, the drinks aren't worth it.

4. Never stop moving

5. Don't be afraid to run from a battle.The scout is fast for a reason.

I have mastered most of those!
I'll stick to the Scattergun for now. Seems useful.
I've been beaned by the Sandman many times, so I know it's effective. Though the health limitation feels like a big hit to an already weak class.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:45 pm

If you dodge well, 10 hp less won't do a difference. Challenge Accepted

And shortstop couldn't be more defensive. :u
Back to top Go down
Cajun Canine
Admin
Admin
Cajun Canine

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:31 am

When you lag your best technique is to let everyone else take the damage while you hit and run/hide in the background and use your comrades as meat-shields. =U Nothing wrong with self preservation. c:
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Soarin' and You; A quick guide to choosing a melee weapon as a soaring DemoMan.

Ullapool Caber: Sounds nice in fore-thought, but actually a real drag, man. Besides a fantastic boom for your first strike; your weapon soon becomes as lethal as a, well... stick, and will have no other choice but to run back to the respawn.

Eyelander: A nice one for the experienced high-flier. Pros can shrug off the -25 health and quickly chew up a few unsuspecting snipers and spies to become a real deadly force. 210 health and Medic speed? Yes please. One to recommend.

Scotsman's Skullcutter: Sounds nice; but can hinder you more than help you. The increased damage may get you a kill slightly faster, but as a high-flier you need speed to escape from a hairy situation. Best to avoid.

Half-Zatochi: Another nice one. A good one for getting in and getting out with little damage. The only problem is that you have to get a kill if you want to fly again. Things can get ugly fast, and sometimes you just have to escape, this one hinders that greatly. I'd only use it if you're confident in your melee abilities.

Bottle: Man, sometimes you just need some simplicity in your life. The bottle has no downsides, and makes you rely on your own abilities as a flier to succeed. A strongly recommended melee choice.

Persian Persuader: Another nice one. Most of the benifits of the half-zatochi with the bonus of having the ability to switch weapon. A good choice.

Pain Train: An odd choice for a soarer, but can be nice for a stealth cap. Laugh as you soar over all of the enemies' defences and land on the cap to win the match. Unfortunatly, many CP's are indoors and the weapon is pointless in any other game-mood. Choose when needed.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:23 pm

I've seen people actually complain that the Ullapool is OP, able to charge in at a payload cart and act as a crit human bomb to wipe the field.
But who cares? I just assume everyone that thinks something/someone is OP is an idiot anyway.

I've been using the Zatochi, but the Bottle is my current favorite. There aren't enough drunk demomen in TF2 today. I even favor it over the frying pan. Dash into battle not with a sword, but a bottle 'o scrumpy.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Eh there are cases when something is legitimately OP.

Not saying it's the case with TF2, but other games definitely have OP stuff.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:35 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
Eh there are cases when something is legitimately OP.

Not saying it's the case with TF2, but other games definitely have OP stuff.

See: Cow Mangler 5000
They really tried hard to fix that thing! It has so many random downsides now that I feel like they were just adding stuff to make it slightly less powerful.
But I didn't have one right when it was released, nor was I hit by too many of them, so I didn't really know if it was OP or not. Now it's gone from everyone using one to just a very few using one. Maybe I should pick it back up for the lulz.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:37 pm

Given that I don't really play at all I can't give a personal opinion on the matter.

But using sucky things can be very fun for the lulz.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:39 pm

I usually stick to either the bottle or the eyelander as a Demoman. The Persian Persuader is nice... but I'm starting to get a bit sick of it.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Biffo wrote:
I usually stick to either the bottle or the eyelander as a Demoman. The Persian Persuader is nice... but I'm starting to get a bit sick of it.
Variety is good.

I've been thinking that I need to change up some of my loadouts just for something new.
I'm great with and love the Liberty Launcher for example, but why not try something else?
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:04 pm

My loadouts with explanations. :o

Scout:
Scattergun: If you miss, you aren't in trouble and it's still lethal up close
Strange Pistol: Because it is a nice alternative, but I don't use it much anyway.
Sandman: Its ability to stun enemies comes qutie in handy.

Soldier:
Rocket Launcher: 4 rockets is more helpful than any random advantage
Buff Banner: It really depends on the map and how you play. I switch between this and the shotgun which is really good if you run out of rockets.
Disciplinary Action: Boosting people's speed for faster setup and for the lulz.

Pyro:
All three have their use, I guess I use the degreaser more
Flare Gun: Because it does more damage than the detonator and it picks off enemies from the distance. Shotgun is good close.
Postal Pummeler: Like the axetinguisher, but as a better model. Homewrecker when I feel like helping engies.

Demoman:
Grenade Launcher: Because it doesn't disappear if you miss your target and has more ammos.
Sticky Launcher: Faster detonation, that is all
Frying Pan: Because nothing's better than dying by a frying pan

Heavy:
Iron Curtain: Same as original minigun, but I prefer this model
Sandvich: Because as a solo heavy most of the time, healing is important
Gloves of Running Urgently: Because moving fast is cool

Engineer:
Shotgun: Because more shots is better.
Wrangler: For when the sentry needs to be manual
Jag: For faster build and gunslinger when I'm mostly in offense.

Medic:
Blutsauger: For healing in difficult moments
Medigun and kritzkrieg: Depending on the situation, quick-fix isn't really useful
Ubersaw: For chain medic and faster uber build

Sniper:
Depends of the situation, I like using the huntman. crazy plz
Jarate: Again, personal preference, I help my teammates.
Bushwacka: Really good with the jarate. I use the shahanshah now for the heck of it though.

Spy:
Diamondback for most cases because of the crit.
The Big Earner: It pays off to backstab and better for escaping.

Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:02 pm

Nice set you have there.

I like to talk about Loadouts! I shall list mine as well!

Soldier:
Liberty Launcher - Faster firing speed makes it easy to land aimed hits! And better than the Direct Hit in that regard because you still get a lot of Splash damage when bombing your enemy from above!
Shotgun - No real reason. Good for if you're out of rockets. Sometimes use Buff Banner.
Equalizer - Fight-Or-Flight. Usually flight unless cornered. Good for strategic retreats.

Pyro:
Flame Thrower - I liked the Backburner, but I decided I needed to practice Airblasting.
Detonator - I dunno, because. I switch to the Shotgun on levels with too much water though.
Homewrecker - Friend to all Engies! But if I'm doing some more aggressive battling away from sentry nests, it's the Backscratcher for bonus health from medkits when I'm stealthily Backburnin' behind enemy lines.

Heavy:
Iron Curtain - Because it's balanced and looks great!
Shotgun - Good for when you're out of ammo, or sneaking up behind someone. Who says Heavy can't be sneaky!? When playing defense, I bring a Sandvitch and sit on top of the point/intelligence.
I WOULD use the Family Business, but my regular shotty counts kills!
Gloves of Running Urgently - A heavy that can get to the front lines faster is a valuable heavy! However because these are only good for running and not fighting, it doubles the need for a shotgun.

Engineer:
Shotgun - More shots for more rampaging!
Lugermorph/Wrangler - Depends on the map and if I feel like Sentry-Sniping or being more aggressive!
Gunslinger - Little guns are more powerful than they look! It goes down? Build a new one right away! I've killed a ton of people with this gun even on defense! Plus the bonus health is perfect for my rampages!
I'm a crazy engineer!

Medic:
Syringe Gun - It counts kills! ...Though I prefer the Overdose. Probably should switch back...
Medigun - invulnerability is very valuable! Even if its for just running away by yourself!
Ubersaw - UBERCHARGE! Though the slower firing speed has cost me my life a few times when in a corner. Considering the Solemn Vow. It's good to know if you should run or finish off an opponent when your patient dies.
Also I'm a crazy Battle Medic. I still heal 75% of the time, but 25% is still a lot of time spent killing for a Medic!

Demo - (Haven't played in a while, but here's my current loadout)
Grenade Launcher - Loch-n-Load is no good for someone that likes to spam bombs like a drunk, Scottish Demoman!
Scottish Resistance - Examining battle strategies and reconsidering this one.
Bottle - I'm drunk! You don't 'ave an excuse!

Scout - Mastering the basic weapons first.
Scattergun
Lugermorph (Planning to switch to The Winger)
Bat

Sniper
My horrible aim leads me to use either the Sniper Rifle or the Sydney Sleeper. Considering experimenting with the Huntsman.
Jarate! - I may suck with a rifle, but I can jarate like nobody's business! If I'm worried about close encounters, I switch to the machine gun.
Bushwacker - JARATE CHOP! (Bonus: It counts kills!) Might switch to the Tribalman's Shiv if I'm not using Jarate.

Spy - I Suuuuuuck at Spy. All Default until I figure out how to play a class that's meant to sneak instead of KILL EVERYONE YOU MEET. Far better at killing than hiding if you didn't figure that out. My MEDIC is more deadly than my Spy!
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:04 am

I'll do it too; because WHY NOT?

Scout
Scattergun: I've used it too much to change now, I've become symbiotic with it. It's real groovy though, and it always comes in handy.
Lugermorph: Good for picking off fleeing opponents, and can come in handy when you need to reload your Scattergun. Also: 45 damage from any distance with crits? Yes please.
Sandman: Deadly if used correctly. Excellent weapon to either escape from a dangerous situation, or to stun an enemy in a fire-fight, making him defensless.

Soldier
Original: Although basically the standard launcher, it reminds me of days gone by. Also: Genuine. That is all.
Shotgun/Buff Banner: Buff Banner for when I want to help my team; Shotgun for when I want to help myself.
Equalizer: I use it just for the speed boost. You don't really miss it until its gone, though.

Pyro
I almost never play the Pyro anymore. I'm very much out of practice and would only embarrass myself if I tried now. Oh well.

DemoMan
Loch n' Load: Man oh man; that 20% damage boost is a real treat! Although not without its share of downsides, there's nothing like shooting a grenade at a point full of enemies and watching the gibs fly. Wheeeee!
Sticky-bomb launcher/Scottish Resistance: Although I mostly use the SL, I use the SR occasionaly to defend points and entrances. It can be deadly if used correctly.
Bottle/Eyelander: Bottle if I need health from the get-go, eyelander if I have the breathing space to rack up a few decaps.

Medic
Syringe Gun: I'm surprisingly accurate with the needles, and the extra health you get for using it is nice.
Medigun: I experimented with the other mediguns, but I always found myself coming back to this one. Overheals are geat, and invulns trump all the other ubercharge effects.
Bonesaw: I hardly ever switch to my melee as a Medic, so I don't really care about any item bonuses. Also; I like the look of it.

Engineer
Shotgun/Frontier Justice: Shotgun with normal sentries, FJ with mini-sentries. Simple.
Pistol: I'm awful with the Wrangler, and I quite like the 200 ammo you can go nuts with.
Wrench/Gunslinger: It all depends on the match, really.

Sniper
Sniper Rifle/Huntsman: I like the standard rifle for its simplicity, and I like the huntsman for messing about and having a go at it.
Jarate/SMG: I sometimes like to use the SMG with the huntsman. It lets you pick off enemies you just body-shot with an arrow. It's more effective than you might think.
Kukri: I dunno, man. I get more kills with this than any other one for some reason.

Heavy
Iron Kurtain: The short rev-time mixed with nice damage makes the standard mini-gun trump the others. Plus: it looks totally rad, man!
Sandwich: I experimented with the shotgun for a while, but I think I do better with the sandwich for some reason.
GRU/Fists: The speed boost is nice for CP matches where you spawn miles aay from any action, fists for any other occasion.

Spy
Revolver/Enforcer: People should use the revolvers more often; they're the spy's primary weapon for a reason. 3 shots from mid-range can kill any 125 health class, the enforcer speeds that up. However; I'd only use the latter with the Dead Ringer.
Dead Ringer/Invisible Watch: Depends both on the awareness of your enemies, and your play style as a Spy. It's all about your surroundings, and getting behind your enemy. Remember; the spy is primarly involved in sapping sentries and backstabbing distracted enemies. Know your place.
Butterfly Knife/Your Eternal Reward: Like the Sniper Rifle, I prefer the standard knife for it's simplicity. But the YER can rip through a team in ways that the normal Knife cannot.

Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:27 pm

If I'm far away from the front lines with an Equalizer, I actually damage myself on purpose just so I can get there faster. I guess it's the same concept as the GRU for the Heavy.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:40 pm

I like these list thing going on right now, let's have another. This time, note on all the mods you have currently in your game.

Spy
-A new model for the Enforcer that makes it resemble the revolver more. The weird grey thing going on always felt odd for me.
-New model for the L'etranger much like the Enforcer, but adds a silencer.
-New skin for the Ambassador, gives it a black/white colour scheme that I like.

Engineer
-Team Coloured Southern Hospitality

Heavy
-Mod that makes the Mini-gun plays the "1812 Overture" whilst shooting.

DemoMan
-Mod that gives the Grenade Launcher four barrels and better animations.

Pyro
-Mod that adds a pipe running from any of the flamethrowers into the thing on the pyro's back.

Medic
-New model for the Over-Dose, makes it look less "Prototype-y"

Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Mostly pony stuff to be honest. I've only just begun using mods so I don't have many.

Planning to remove new character models and voices (So I can actually see my awesome potato hat and understand 'Spy!' voice commands quicker)
And add more weapon sound effects. Medic Ubercharge and Heavy Minigun firing sounds especially!
Medic - Ubercharge - Deployed - Pony by TF2_MLP_Mods

Now that makes me feel invincible!
...Ooooh, wonder if they have the Super Mario invulnerability theme for Ubercharge? I wouldn't doubt it!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Oh, BTW, I was looking through some random TF2 videos on youtube and found something kinda funny.

After the rockets appeared in the background of stages, kinda like how the doves appeared just before Meet The Medic, A lot of people had some pretty crazy theories on what they represent. Most popular: "ZOMG PYRO'Z AN ALIEN!"

Hahaha wut?

Of course now we know that those rockets are full of weapons from Dr. Gordborts Infallible Aether Oscillators.
Back to top Go down
Cajun Canine
Admin
Admin
Cajun Canine

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:10 am

Lolo, I should play TF2 more often with you. :3
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 12:17 pm

You'll have to wait until the weekend, man. My computer is currently undergoing severe repairs.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 12:48 pm

Sounds nice. I haven't played on the same server with a friend in a LONG time. I usually just play against bots 'cuz I don't feel like fighting humans, or just joining a random server when I do want to fight humans..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-