MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Somatomay's Revealation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Soma
The Pony Buddy
The Pony Buddy
Soma

Somatomay's Revealation Vide
PostSubject: Somatomay's Revealation   Somatomay's Revealation Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Short thing I've put a lot of time into. I will post the rest of the chapters when i convert them to library word. -.- deal with the first one's extreme shortness!

Somatomay Darkness has revealed herself. This is the tale of her exposure as seen by the young man who has married her, Zekeara Freeman.

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 495 OF THE HUMAN AGE

“I was never a superstitious fellow. I’ve never really believed in mystical creatures or powers. I never even thought that I would get married to anyone. Why, I would have asked myself then, couldn’t I find my soul mate?

I know now why I couldn’t find my soul mate then. The very person I sought was laying beneath my feet, in a slumber so deep she would not awake for any one mortal being. No man knew she was there, no one thought she existed. They only thought a being like her was a myth used to scare little children into behaving.

My story begins when I was just coming of age. I had yet to find my bride and all the ladies I grew up with were becoming impatient with me for not choosing a bride. I didn’t know at the time that they all found me attractive and were often competing to get my attention. I began to seek refuge from the ladies looming impatience by taking walks out into the nearby woods.

While on one of these walks, I came upon a cave, dark and deep. It was fairly large yet nearly impossible to see, if one was not paying attention. After peering inside for but a minute, I had decided that I was going to explore every nook and cranny of that cave the next day. I made sure to mark my path as I walked home for the night.

As soon as I was in our tiny little town, the young women descended upon me. I smiled and accepted the gifts they had brought. Several of them had brought me homemade goods, which they themselves had slaved over all day. It seemed to take hours to get to my house but I knew it was only a few minutes. After saying my farewells to the ladies, I hurried inside, met by the smell of my mothers’ cooking.

My mother has never been a cook, and she will probably never be one. It was always my father, who left my mother and me when I was only one, who was the cook. My mother always said that I look just like him.

After forcing myself to eat some burnt bread and overdone lasagna, I went up to my room and put together some supplies for tomorrow’s adventure.”
Back to top Go down
RoseBuddy
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
RoseBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Somatomay's Revealation   Somatomay's Revealation Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:45 pm

lol is this da one ive read at da meetin wit u?
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Somatomay's Revealation   Somatomay's Revealation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:12 am

Niice start there |D Good little insight yep yep
Back to top Go down
http://www.zetras.com
zeldafan8
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
zeldafan8

PostSubject: Re: Somatomay's Revealation   Somatomay's Revealation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:33 am

Oh, I remember this. I didn't know you were still writing this! XD Well, I'm curious to see how you've come along.
Back to top Go down
Soma
The Pony Buddy
The Pony Buddy
Soma

PostSubject: Re: Somatomay's Revealation   Somatomay's Revealation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:32 pm

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16, 495 OF THE HUMAN AGE

“The next day I left home early in order to avoid the pack of ladies that hounded my door every morning. My heavy pack was on my shoulders which was filled with various items that I considered necessary, such as a soft horse-hair brush for uncovering small fossils and a pick to break down heavy rocks that may get in my route of choice. I also had my lunch and a snack in my bag.

It was half an hour before I arrived at the cave. Taking out the candle and torch I prepared, I lit the torch and assured myself that the candle wick was dry and waxy. Keeping the torch off the ground, I hefted my pack off the ground and onto my back. Securing my pack, I started into the cave, keeping my torch high above my head to light the most ground.

At first glance, my surroundings were that of a normal cave: hard, rocky, damp, solid. I walked through the cave thinking this until I came to a fork in the tunnel that lead three separate ways. Unsure of my direction, I leaned against the left wall. I quickly noticed that it’s surface was badly scratched vertically, and that it was covered in a soft black substance that appeared invisible to the bare human eye, at least while it was on the walls. I started into the left tunnel, curiosity settling into my heart.

I would have guessed it was noon when I came across the wide cavern in which I stopped for a snack. It was wide with a high ceiling and the light from my torch was stretched across the wide flat expanse of floor. To my right, next to the blue-ish wall was a pool of water in a rough basin, which stretched from the tunnel I had just left to another across the cavern. To my left was a large mound, larger than any house I had ever seen. There were specks of white in the mound too, like a dirty bone.

Curious, I walked over to the mound and found a spot to lodge my torch. Lightly touching the mound of dirt, I dug into my pack for my special horse-hair brush. It took only a minute for me to find it and brush a single spot to uncover what was beneath. The white was gently bright, almost like it was glowing faintly. I smiled at my discovery of a fossil. It could be a very large fossil, if this entire mound was bone.

It took me less than a minute to decide I was going to uncover this entire fossil. The fact that it could be so big amazed me. I began to think then that I might be looking at a dinosaur fossil, left here for millions of years. I organized my tools quickly and set about uncovering the bones. It was late night when I returned home. I had only uncovered the skull’s eye socket when I left.”
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Somatomay's Revealation   Somatomay's Revealation Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:27 am

Massive fossil thingy is massive =U
Back to top Go down
http://www.zetras.com
Simian King
Bob the Builder
Bob the Builder
Simian King

PostSubject: Re: Somatomay's Revealation   Somatomay's Revealation Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:34 pm

Zekeara Freeman sounds remarkably similar to Zeke Freeman, or ZF =O Just a thought.

I find it unlikely that they had lasagna and paleontology in 495 XD But I'll run with it. A+ for the paleontology btw =D I aspire to become one someday.

Good story, I like it.
Back to top Go down
Soma
The Pony Buddy
The Pony Buddy
Soma

PostSubject: Re: Somatomay's Revealation   Somatomay's Revealation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:51 pm

lol, what exactly is paleontology? XD i is clueless on that. ^.^ anyway, give me a minute and i'll double post. ^.^ going to post the next one.

*sighs* i'll have to get back to writing on it soon... stupid busy life and work.
Back to top Go down
Soma
The Pony Buddy
The Pony Buddy
Soma

PostSubject: Re: Somatomay's Revealation   Somatomay's Revealation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 pm

MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 495 OF THE HUMAN AGE

“The following morning, I awoke to my mother’s persistent shaking. Drowsy, I sat up letting the blanket slipping down to reveal my bare muscular chest. My mother shook me once more before telling me that a young lady from the neighborhood wanted to speak to me. Clearly, this day was starting off badly. I had forgotten about the girls and had also forgotten to get up early to avoid them.

After my mother left the room, I got up and changed from my normal night attire, which consisted of loose fitting shorts, to my favorite outfit of black jeans and a tight fitting black shirt. Ignoring my messy hair, as I normally do, I checked myself in the mirror. My hair was okay, being a little bit messy from lying in bed. My clothes weren’t as out of place as it felt when I had put them on. Nodding my approval at myself, I almost ran down the stairs to get away from the ‘young lady’ who wanted to talk to me. Unfortunately, my mother caught me just as I was reaching the door and nearly dragged me by the ear into the living room, where the girl I recognized as Isabella sat.

‘Oh, Zekeara, I’m so glad you’re up and about now!’ Isabella almost instantly began talking frantically, nervous. Obviously she was going to ask me out to some festival that was coming up, in an effort to be the first to take me for herself. I forced myself to smile pleasantly and replied with a simple easy ‘hello.’ She smiled slightly, the smile barely reaching her emerald green eyes. I noticed that she was fidgeting, rubbing her fingers together with a little bit of her pink dress between them. To me, that said clearly: warning, girl going to ask out.

‘Zekeara, I know it’s sudden to ask but would you go to the spring Letlia Festival with me? All the girls say they’re going to ask you so if you’re already taken that’s fine.’ Isabella smiled nervously, looking up at me quietly with pleading eyes. A little bit of her honey brown hair fell into her face, dislodged when she had lowered her head.

The Letlia Festival? It was over six months away and the girls are already fussing about who they’re going with? Wow, the girls around here must have a lot of time on their hands.

I smiled, attempting to look truly sorry, before I replied with my practiced refusal. I was sure to apologize before telling her that I had to be somewhere and leaving.

After I left my house, I went into town to pick up lunch and dinner, packed so that I could eat them while I was working in the cave. I didn’t need to worry about getting my tools. I had left them all in the cave the night before so that I would be forced to go back and work on the uncovering the fossil. It took me only a minute to get what I wanted to eat during the day and something to stuff my face with for breakfast. I hurried into the forest with my food secured, eager to reach the cave and the beautiful fossil.

Again, it took me only half an hour to reach the cave, and an extra minute to find where I had hidden my torch and flint. A flame was quickly made on the torch by a single strike of the flint. I smiled lightly and started on my way to the cavern, getting there in only an hour.
Unusually happy to see the skull’s revealed eye, I lodged my torch in the same spot and got out my tools, determined to have the entire skull uncovered by the end of the day. I paused only for my meals and resorted to telling stories of my grandfather to myself as I worked.

By day’s end, I had the front of the skull uncovered, including its undamaged lower jaw. I will say this before concluding today’s entry: whatever dinosaur it is, it had to be reliant on meat because it has huge, sharp canine teeth. I nearly took out my left arm on its right upper canine.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somatomay's Revealation   Somatomay's Revealation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Somatomay's Revealation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Creative Arts :: Writing-