MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:57 am

Sonic Boots are very elusive.

We may end up switching to a different chapter if you guys get bored and try going for Winged Boots just so you have a speed boost.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:58 am

T_L wrote:
Sleepy time now. Bye John. D:

Hope you had fun, we'll play again sometime.

And I have one other friend with the game but he has no DLC which means we'd have to Farm 6 and 7 for good stuff.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Is there a way to make drop rates for decent equipment not sucky?
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 6:51 pm

MASTER RING GET. AGAIN. Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 3845856932
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:13 pm

T_L wrote:
Beat the level faster to get more drops. Luck MAY help but there is a lot of controversy surrounding it. I never had much luck running luck gear. That only applies to the boss chest though as it does tend to help me with normal chests.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 11:14 pm

T_L wrote:
MASTER RING GET. AGAIN. Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 3845856932
YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO GREATNESS!!
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:17 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:
Beat the level faster to get more drops. Luck MAY help but there is a lot of controversy surrounding it. I never had much luck running luck gear. That only applies to the boss chest though as it does tend to help me with normal chests.

Don't know if it's true or not, but according to some guy on GameFAQs, having high luck actually makes it harder to get the rare stuff because of some reason that I didn't care to read cause I'm lazy.

On another note, I spent a good three hours farming Death for non-crap weapons and gear. A single run on that level (on Normal) takes about five minutes. Have managed to get exactly two weapons drops for Shanoa in that time. Her weapons are marked as two-star drops. They're supposed to be common. Ooo

Now to try grinding the DLC bosses to get shiny glyphs. I love it more
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:54 pm

The argument for it making it harder is that the difference luck makes is SO SEEMINGLY INSIGNIFICANT (as far as the Boss chest) that the lack of having awesome equipment makes it take longer to beat a stage and also decreases your chances of beating the boss, making it take longer to open the boss chest and in turn by using awesome gear you beat the boss more times more quickly and get more chances for that rare drop.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:31 pm

Also, when are we doing this again?
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Probably sometime this weekend, but as I don't know my own schedule, I've no idea what particular time.

College apps are annoyingly long to fill out.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:45 pm

T_L wrote:
Probably sometime this weekend, but as I don't know my own schedule, I've no idea what particular time.

Are you applying to just one or multiple schools?
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:15 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:

Are you applying to just one or multiple schools?

Multiple. I have eleven that I know I'm applying to right now, and I'm fairly certain that number will have increased within a few weeks.

I'm kind of paranoid about not getting accepted anywhere. getaway
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:22 pm

You should be fine, but better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 pm

One more level on Holy Water and Julius will have max attack power. Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 3845856932
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:46 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
One more level on Holy Water and Julius will have max attack power. Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 3845856932

Don't you need like 60000 uses to get from level 8 to level 9?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 11:58 pm

Master Rings greatly reduce that.

Farming Chapter 9 boss is great for most sub-weapons.

Basically each "hit" gives a certain amount of exp depending on difficulty and number of master rings equipped and you need 99,999 exp to hit level 9.

Number of master rings equipped = 0/1/2

On normal a hit gives 1/3/4, and on hard a hit gives 4/8/12.

Thus with master rings it only takes about 12,500 hits instead of 99,999.

There's always the option of survival grinding too if you want me to help you with that sometime.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:01 am

Oooh, so that's why I was supposed to have two master rings.

And also why that Thunder spell Shanoa has jumped like four levels when we ran against Beelzebub a few times.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:23 am

Yeah, levels 1-4 you can gain in literally 1 run of a chapter with 2 master rings on hard.

And Beezlebub is awesome for grinding most spells/skills.

There are a few that don't work so well on him like Holy Water, but Shanoa's lightning spell is a keeper.

Once you master her 4 base spells ditch fire and the purple laser as they are not needed in place of her 2 DLC spells that are far more awesome.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 12:28 am

Yeah, looking at videos of max-stat Shanoa, I think I'll probably drop the ice attack as well, in favor of the one where she throws what appears to be a moon.

And if something happens to be vulnerable to ice, I can just use the weapon where she makes a giant dog bite faces off. And have her other hand have the fire equivalent of said weapon. Just so I can elementally rape everything in my way (with a little level grinding).
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:19 am

I'm not sure I'll be available this weekend. The family wants to take a trip and stay in a condo or something like that.

I don't really want to go, so I'm not sure if I will yet.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:37 am

We are going to have internet at the hotel this weekend so I SHOULD be available sometime on Friday and Saturday evening.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:50 pm

Going to play with MG some time today T_L if you want to try and join.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:04 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
We are going to have internet at the hotel this weekend so I SHOULD be available sometime on Friday and Saturday evening.

Dunno about Friday, but I'm fairly certain I'll be available Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:21 pm

I don't know what time we'll be back at the hotel but assuming everything works out Saturday should be a go.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 am

Turns out we do NOT have free Internet in the hotel and I am not letting Dad blow money on it for me. This will hinder our Castlevania plans for this weekend.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:31 pm

Well, that kinda sucks. Oh well, next time, I guess? OMG
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:37 pm

Went back to the first few chapters to start leveling Jonathan and Julius.

Forgot that neither of them has a homing spell thing and ended up wasting MP using Holy Water several times in a row.

Then managed to forget that Jonathan can't use Magnes points and ended up falling like a rock.

Then realized that neither of them has much in the way of damage output yet and ended up trying Hard Mode Chapter 6. Got raped by Dracula. It went well.

I\'m happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-