MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Learn to backdash cancel it.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:47 pm

That sounds like the potential for epicness.

You could use it to rapidly fist enemies in the face with your long, hard........

Yeah, I'm cutting off that sentence there. Comprehension
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:52 pm

But you see how good it is yes? lol

Anyway Chapter 2 hard would be a pain as a Shanoa Mainer.

Which I guess I technically am right now, but I already beat with Julius so I don't have to worry about it lol.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:45 am

Chapter 10 run, lobby of 6, One Shanoa, 5 Somas.

Party leader then switched to Shanoa. lol
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:57 am

Sinestro Custos get.

Now I just need a Dextero Custos.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:29 am

R. The Count proves to be a bit more annoying than I recall.

I need just a bit more practice fighting him again before I can really get it down.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 11:56 am

Robe Decollete acquired.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 9:23 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
Robe Decollete acquired.

That's supposed to be crazy awesome armor for Shanoa, yes?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:13 pm

T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:
Robe Decollete acquired.

That's supposed to be crazy awesome armor for Shanoa, yes?

Best one for Shanoa Charlotte and Yoko and Maria I believe.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:19 am

Got my first Kaiser Knuckle +1 and maxed out Beezlebub's Soul today.

This whole "have Soma be turned on while I play as other characters" thing is working wonders.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:22 am

JohnnyboySP wrote:
Got my first Kaiser Knuckle +1 and maxed out Beezlebub's Soul today.

I assume that's Soma's kickass punching stuff gear and a thing to replicate the rape-by-demonic-flies attack?

I'd be a lot more willing to use Soma and Alucard if they didn't have so much stuff to sort through. Also if the default weapon Soma has wasn't so terrible, putting me off from his gameplay for a while
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:23 am

Yeah it's the strongest fist weapon in the game.

Soma and Alucard can both use it.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:28 am

Maxed all of Shanoas spells out the other day, still need a few more weapons and maybe a Chaos ring and I'll have her complete.

Soma takes forever because of all of his Souls. I've barely touched him and instead when I play local I just have him assigned to a player and deal with the screen zooming out. (My monitor is HD so it's not terribly hard to play with it zoomed)

Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:32 am

It occurs to me now that that would probably make things much faster on the treasure hunting front. I feel rather stupid for not realizing you could do that with minimum inconvenience. Can\\'t Believe it
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 12:33 am

You still maining Shanoa?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:30 am

I'll probably play tonight if you can manage to get online.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:24 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
You still maining Shanoa?

I'm briefly switching to Jonathan until such time as I can level Shanoa with other people. Sixteen sub-weapons to level is slightly annoying and he doesn't seem much better than the other whip-users, but I like him so far (other than not being able to access things like Shanoa's Magnes Points or omni-directional whipping like Julius).
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:57 pm

The tradeoff is that some of his unique subweapons are amazing.

My brother's been using him for me. lol
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 2:10 pm

I've maxed Julius, Shanoa and Fuma out.

With Julius I have not touched his DLC moves.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:30 am

So I took a break from Jonathan to pick up Soma again after realizing THE SHOP SELLS WEAPONS. I knew that already, but I'd never bought any weapons cause Shanoa and Jonathan don't need them, so I forgot about it. Ooo

Then I bought a handgun and an RPG and reveled in the knowledge that everything explodes quite well for the first few chapters. I love it more
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:42 am

The RPG is pretty good for a while.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:42 am

Grabbed a second Kaiser Knuckle +1 today.

Still no Alucard Sword +1 unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:53 pm

I never realized how stupidly easy Astarte is in the first DLC chapter, even in hard mode. Her pattern is so simple.

That Robe Decollete WILL be mine. Challenge Accepted
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:44 am

Yeah her pattern is pretty easy. I need to work on dodging temptation more though.

4th pair of Sonic Boots today.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Still no Alucard Sword + 1
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Wait, fourth pair TODAY? FOUR PAIRS IN ONE DAY. That's an awkward mix of really impressive and incredibly annoying.

Shanoa lols at Astarte's seduction. Then cries when Dracula does it because I can never dodge that right and he always pulls something like Demonic Megiddo when I can't do anything.

In other news, I'm pretty sure I can almost reliably take out any boss that's not Puppet Master, hard!Dracula, Legion, Retro Count and the Fuma boss who's name I never remember.

If I ever hear the words "I need only place this puppet right inside here" after I beat Hard Chapter 2, I'm pretty sure I'll kill things. That said, I can reliably destroy the iron maiden puppets now. The problem is when he uses that attack fifty thousand times in a row and I'm too busy stopping him from insta-killing me that I forget to dodge the curse-inducing dolls and then he starts moving around and I accidentally step into the iron maiden right next to him while trying not to get hit and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:06 pm

It occurs to me that putting Soma and Alucard as players 2 and 3 while doing runs on Astarte for Speed Boots and Robe Decollettes also gives me an opportunity to get Valmanway, which I'm told rapes everything in sight.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Except certain bosses and most of Chapter 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-