MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle

The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Enjoy the Phlog whiel you can, Chaos. I can hear the Valve nerf-itiser warming up.

On other news, I've been getting back into the Soldier recently. The Liberty Launcher and Reserve Shooter combo have really freshened up the class for me. The extra rocket speed makes all the difference for my timing, since I never could get the hang of the normal rocket speed. However, the smaller clip size makes bombing runs weaker, since you only get two rockets to rain on your enemies. (Subtracting one for the rocket jump). But that is the price I have to pay for the luxury of fast rockets with splash included.

Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:18 pm

I also love the Liberty Launcher for the same reasons.
Though because of it's small clip I normally don't do rocket jump bombing runs.

Interesting choice using the Reserve Shooter. I avoid that pairing with the LL again due to the small clip of both of them. I'll run out of rockets fast, so I need something to defend myself with once I run out and don't have time to reload. Especially since my aim leaves much to be desired.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:33 am

Ya know, Valve probably pays more attention to complaints on the forums than one might realize.

After playing against bots for a long time, I claimed to know what I was talking about and listed a number of odd behaviors I've seen bots have over the months on the Steam Forums.
>Demomen were psychic and knew where your sentry was at all times, so you were never safe from rainclouds of stickies unless under a roof.
>Engineers never helped other engineers remove sappers from buildings. Even when they were right next to them.
>Probably some other complaint, I forgot.

Next update, all that was fixed. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 9:27 am

I think the Demoman has become my new main, apart from the spy, natch. I tend to steamroll whenever I play as him and I often wnd up having to switch when my team begins sucking badly. I also got my hands on a strange festive stickygun, which I've managed to amass almost 500 kills in the past week or so.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 1:26 pm

I'm ... okay at Demoman. Can't aim those grenades for the life a' me. Ironically, it's easier AND harder to hit anything with the Loch N Load because of it's fast speed and long flying distance.

Far better with the sticky launcher. But since I prefer the Scottish Resistance, I have to either stick to defensive play or hope they don't notice the stickies being set at their feet until they're finally primed.

I usually main Medic. I'm a great Combat Medic*, but since almost no one else wants to play medic I usually get stuck with that role and I get bored of it after five rounds or so. I like to keep switching classes.

*According to the steam forums, Battle Medics fight exclusively. Combat Medics heal AND fight at strategic intervals. Though thanks to how much my team usually hurts themselves, I heal a lot more than fight. Everyone seems to be in the red at all times.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Just crafted the Manmelter

A fine weapon. Though I'm not sure if I like it more than the Flare Gun.
I'm not an Axtinguisher Pyro, so I use the Flare Gun to finish off my enemies.
And there's no "reload" animation, so I can't tell exactly when it will be ready to fire, as it has the same rate of fire as the 1-shot-per-clip Flare Gun.
But it compliments the Phlogistinator (I can only spell this through copy-paste) so nicely with the ability to extinguish teammates, I'll be hanging onto it anyway.
It's a decision between killing enemies and keeping allies alive.

Funny how I can snipe with the Flare Gun, but miss every time with the Grenade Launcher.
The Manmelter makes this easier with the faster projectile speed and being unable to be reflected.

Hm, the Flare Gun gives crits if your enemies are on fire, and the Manmelter gives crits if your allies are on fire. Kind of a funny way to look at it, but it's true.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Nothing can force me to change from the flare-gun, man. It's symbiotic with me now, I can't change. Those crits just make it for me. There's nothing quite like getting that 90 point damage shot on a burining scout on the other side of the map, it's up there with the battlefield clearing wrath of a crit sticky.

As for the Phlog, I don't really see what all the fuss is about. It needs a few tweaks in terms of the mmph meter and crit duration, but it isn't really the bane of all player's existance that people make it out to be. Maybe it's just because I main Demoman, and to have a class that counters my very existance forfiet its ability to do so for a few seconds of critical damage, then so be it. It makes the lives of many soldiers and demomen much easier.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:09 pm

I agree with the changes it might need. Haven't heard anything about it being the bane of anyone's existence though. But that may be because I stopped going to certain corners of the Steam forums after seeing all the mountains of "Way to go, Valve. You just made [Class] useless." "[Class/Weapon] is so OP!" And other blind, biased threads.

All I know is, I can clear a room full of bots easily with this flamethrower.

And yeah, I'm SERIOUSLY considering the flare gun even though it will mean my team burns to death. I love those crits!
(Only reason I carried the shotgun for so long was to get the "Combined Fire" achievement.)
Or I'll just make a new Phlog-free loadout to switch to now and then. Problem is I have yet to figure out which Non-Grordborts flamethrower I like best.

Degreaser opens up some new strategies with other weapons, but the lesser burn damage makes hit-and-run strategies where you leave your enemy to burn far less likely to kill them. You'd better kill them right there with your secondary or melee weapon.

Backburner crits from behind, making ambushes better, but the size of what counts as "Behind" your enemy is so small that it's hard to take advantage of.
It still has enough airblast to extinguish team mates, but not enough to reflect projectiles efficiently. Not that I'm good at timing those anyway. (It's easier in target practice than in the field!)

Flamethrower just burns people and airblasts. It's less than spectacular and offers no benefits for getting out of the close-range battle you're forced to enter to use it, unlike the others which grant secondary finishing weapons, sneak-attack crits, and the ability to heal and go on a burning spree.

Hm, now that I've listed all these I think I have a good idea. If I was to turn from Grordborts weapons, I think the best loadout for me would be Degreaser, Flare Gun, and Homewrecker.
Though if I can find someone willing to sell me the Attendant hat, I'd love to try the extra speed boost that loadout set grants. Still can't get that dang hat.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:56 am

I'm starting to hate Steam Trading.

I have my backpack organized so that everything I'm willing to sell is on the first page.
Steam Trading disregards the careful order my backpack is in, and I end up trading away an item that isn't on my first page. And when I see the item I tried to trade still sitting on the first page of my backpack, I assume I have another one on a later page and try and trade it away again.

I've just sold my last Frying Pan. That thing is slightly rarer than other weapons due to being promotional, even if still not as expensive to my knowledge.
I just so happen to suddenly NEED a frying pan.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Steam trading orders the items by the time you got them which means, the latest item you got would be at the last page. Although, what annoys me the most is that it doesn't always show the images of the items and I would have to guess where the item I'm trading is at. Either way, you should always double check what you're trading for both sides.

Oh other news, I dropped a Reggaelator. Ooo
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:47 pm

Yep, I'm going to do that from now on.

I did manage to buy one just now. Yay.

Also at the rate I'm crafting/buying weapons, I'll never be able to afford that Attendant hat...
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Found out why I can't get the Makin' Bacon achievement.
Only works if you kill heavies with the default flame thrower.

I will die SO MANY TIMES before I get this achievement. Default flame thrower Vs heavy is not a good combo!

Yep, I use weapons I don't like just for the achievements.
Also seems like I only have 4 Pyro achievements left. Anyone wanna go spy and let me light their cigarette?
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:36 am

I'm glad I got in the habit of browsing Dr. Grordbort's Website.

Look at these beauties!

The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 IMGDrGScoutPack1
The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 IMGDrGMedicPack1
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:07 am

Two fixes were added that I am celebrating over.

Steam Trading now shows Backpack order.
No more trading away items I don't want to trade by accident!

Bots no longer get trapped in the cave on the second stage of Hoodoo.
It's actually possible to win offline on Blu Team now! Or at least not extremely difficult!!
And almost as importantly, no longer embarrassingly easy to win when playing on Red!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:28 pm

I love the Force-A-Nature again.
Also finally got the 3rd milestone for the Scout. I'm not a good scout. These achievements are hard!

This makes every milestone achievement in the game, and 79% of all the achievements.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:50 am

Finally got an Attendant.

I'm sure I traded too much, but it's so hard to get something for a decent price in the Mannconomy today.

Liking the speed boost it gives. The extra damage taken is neglegeable if you use the speed boost to dodge. Kinda like playing Scout.

You only take extra damage from bullets, not explosives, so you still have an advantage against Demos and Soldiers, and if you're ambushed by a Heavy or a Scout, you're pretty much dead anyway.

Also: Bot Spies are EXTREMELY predictable. Twice I saw an 'ally' heavy running from the enemy spawn. I positioned myself right in his path and charged up a Hadouken. Killed the spy with it every time.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Can't wait for the next big update. I'm kinda bored of nothing and all of the crashing.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Man I haven't finished collecting the current weapons yet!

...Of course the only one left is the Eureka Effect. Also the Third Degree, but I'm already sitting on all the parts needed for it. Haven't crafted it yet because I was saving the metal to buy an Attendant. ...Which I just got. Crafty time!

Edit: Also the ones I lost due to the backpack mix up. I'll grab the Amputater and Postal Pummeler later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-