MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:10 pm

I like the Scout's Force-A-Nature.
More damage with knockback at the cost of a MUCH smaller clip. But if you are taking the time to unload every shot of the scattergun, it's likely you'll be dead unless you're godly good at dodging while shooting. (And I've seen Scouts that are.)
Good for hit-and-run tactics, which I've been using anyway.

I'm practicing running up behind people, and quickly crouching and aiming upward to get the most out of the knockback. So satisfying to see them fly away and die from impact with the ground.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 am

I finally found time to play online with actual people (read as: "realized that I haven't played online for a month and said "Screw finals, I'm playing this!"")

I have a happy announcement: I'm finally good at Scout!

Loving the Force-A-Nature. Only one problem I've found with it is that you can't follow-through when attacking enemies in high areas as the recoil will knock you away from them.
Example: The battlements on 2Fort. Can't jump on the bridge and rush a sniper on the other side without your own gun knocking you away from him.
All ground enemies are fodder though. Especially when they don't know you're sneaking up behind them!

Best moment: When I killed a Dead-Ringer Spy that was dominating me with my fish. I knew that killed him because a "FISH KILL!" isn't announced if it's a fake dead-ringer death. Revenge is best when delivered by a fish to the face.

So that's the following I'm good at now:
Engineer: Kick-As s
Medic: Kick-As s
Soldier: Kick-As s
Scout: Kick-As s
Pyro: Lethal
Heavy: Lethal
Demo: Lethal (Need work on aiming that Loch-n-Load.)
Sniper: A mild threat
Spy: Fodder
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:57 pm

Demo practice offline today.

Switched from Loch-N-Load to Grenade Launcher, and did LOADS better.

Also practiced Demoknight. For some reason switching from Splendid Screen to Chargin' Targe also made a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Hey guys, I was experimenting with some weapon combos while in 2Fort mapping out more of the place for my minecraft copy.

Found a good one for Pyro I think.

Degreaser for versatility.
Flare Gun for an Axtinguisher Substitute. (Crits burning targets. Does less damage overall than the Axtinguisher, but has far greater range as a projectile.)
And a Homewrecker for anti-spy tactics.

Burn 'em with the Degreaser, switch to Flare Gun for an extra 90 damage and then back to the Degreaser to finish them off.

The way I see it this loadout has two very large downsides:
Now defenseless Underwater.
Weak against other Pyros. (Though if you're quick, you can still get a crit on them with the Flare Gun.)

No one that plays TF2 comes here anymore sadly. So I'm talking to a wall now, huh?
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:42 am

I've been busy with college work and making sure my minecraft map is finished by the end of the year. Thankfully, with both quickly coming to an end, TF2 will probably make a great comeback. So fret not, Chaos.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Biffo wrote:
I've been busy with college work and making sure my minecraft map is finished by the end of the year. Thankfully, with both quickly coming to an end, TF2 will probably make a great comeback. So fret not, Chaos.
Ah yes, During college I rarely had a chance to play TF2 except for short, frustrating sessions with bots.
Back to top Go down
Nall
The Pony Buddy
The Pony Buddy
Nall

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 7:09 pm

ChaosDX1 wrote:
I finally found time to play online with actual people (read as: "realized that I haven't played online for a month and said "Screw finals, I'm playing this!"")

I have a happy announcement: I'm finally good at Scout!

Loving the Force-A-Nature. Only one problem I've found with it is that you can't follow-through when attacking enemies in high areas as the recoil will knock you away from them.
Example: The battlements on 2Fort. Can't jump on the bridge and rush a sniper on the other side without your own gun knocking you away from him.
All ground enemies are fodder though. Especially when they don't know you're sneaking up behind them!

Best moment: When I killed a Dead-Ringer Spy that was dominating me with my fish. I knew that killed him because a "FISH KILL!" isn't announced if it's a fake dead-ringer death. Revenge is best when delivered by a fish to the face.

So that's the following I'm good at now:
Engineer: Kick-As s
Medic: Kick-As s
Soldier: Kick-As s
Scout: Kick-As s
Pyro: Lethal
Heavy: Lethal
Demo: Lethal (Need work on aiming that Loch-n-Load.)
Sniper: A mild threat
Spy: Fodder
Fan's the knock back is the reason why i like the scattergun more. I feel the knock back on it messes up meatshots too much, plus the larger mag lets you take on more people at once
Back to top Go down
Cajun Canine
Admin
Admin
Cajun Canine

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 2:47 pm

We should do a TF2 party sometime soon before everyone goes back to school/work. o:
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Cajun Canine wrote:
We should do a TF2 party sometime soon before everyone goes back to school/work. o:

I like this plan. I've been laying off TF2 for a bit because I noticed I had trouble thinking of something other than this game.
Back to top Go down
Cajun Canine
Admin
Admin
Cajun Canine

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:07 am

I'm starting to get pretty good as spy. y;

Backstabs are fun. <3
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:11 pm

I finally got my first unusual during the holidays, hooray. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Nice. What hat/effect?
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:11 pm

The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 2qu6tmq
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:17 pm

I've been getting back into TF2 since I got my sick new computer. I've been focusing on playing as a Demoman/Pyro for a while, and I think it's a winning combination. However, I usually only play pyro when I'm messing around, since doing good as him really counts on the map you're playing on, and the classes of the other team. the Demoman, however, is about as versitile as they get, and he always has a chance to shine.

I actually got an air kill today. Which both pleases and terrifies me at the same time.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm getting pretty good at Spy.
Guess I finally understand how to use him.

I managed to sap an engie's nest, and he chased me around the intel room until I got a clear shot at his backside.
They got a new ice sculpture and I got a briefcase full of intel. Everyone wins!
(Yes, I'm using the Spycicle. Silent kill FTW.)

Here's the key strategy I developed:
Do NOT kill everyone. Pass them by if needed and keep your cover intact. Take down only key players that are not paying attention.
Rely on your cloak more than your disguises. Everyone spychecks.
Remember you have a revolver and use it. Take down wounded enemies with it that escaped the rest of your team.
Decloaking is apparently harder to hear than I thought. (Except in the case of the Dead Ringer.) I decloaked next to a sniper and he never saw me coming. Worry less about decloak noises on servers with a lot of mic chat. They can't hear anything over it!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:05 pm

On the subject of enemy snipers, I was playing on 2fort as a Medic, and with a Heavy we cleared the courtyard of all enemies except one sniper. But all he did was run back and forth between us and the resupply room, throwing jarate at us.

Jarate doesn't kill. The minicrits do. And when the only thing being fired at you are jars of piss, it's pretty harmless.

We just ignored him and went to get the intel. The jarate wore off long before we encountered any other enemies.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Just crafted the Pompson 6000!

My review: 4 shots, slow firing speed. Not good for rampaging around with your Mini-Sentry.
But if you're stuck to your sentry nest, it might be good to carry this around to provide cover to your team. Being a projectile, it can do damage at farther range than your shotgun. Aim at spies and medics to screw up ubercharges!
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:48 pm

ChaosDX1 wrote:
Just crafted the Pompson 6000!

My review: 4 shots, slow firing speed. Not good for rampaging around with your Mini-Sentry.
But if you're stuck to your sentry nest, it might be good to carry this around to provide cover to your team. Being a projectile, it can do damage at farther range than your shotgun. Aim at spies and medics to screw up ubercharges!

But oh, man. Valve screwed up the Engineer's left wrist somehow. Dislocate-me-do!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:12 am

Finally got myself a Strange Gunslinger! I needed this.
Had a description on it that said "After the fighting is done, this is also my girlfriend if you catch my drift"

I hit the "restore" button to get rid of that, and washed it multiple times.

Also due to some bug I seem to still have 3 weapons that I traded away yesterday. Yay, I can keep them for scrap metal!

@Biffo: Now that I take a good look at it, wow, you're right!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Figured out why I had 3 weapons I thought I traded away.

The steam trade program pulled them from my "Do not trade" page, and I didn't think to check.

Dangit, there's a reason I keep all the items I want to trade on Page 1! Why does the steam trade program randomly shuffle your items in a pile instead of in the order your backpack is in?

Because of this I traded two of the presumed-duplicate items away yesterday. Bad news: I lost part of my collection of every weapon in the game. Good news: I never used those weapons anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:59 pm

I'm on a quest to get all Pyro's hats now. I have 8 of them for now.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Ryu wrote:
I'm on a quest to get all Pyro's hats now. I have 8 of them for now.

I have a few pyro hats. Due to the sad fact that I can only wear one hat at a time, I might be able to trade you the brainslug if you don't have it.

Also I was curious about why the sniper was spamming jarate and not killing anyone, so I looked it up online.
Strange Jarate counts enemies coated with it. He wasn't trying to win, or help his team, he was trying to level up his item!
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:07 pm

I have the alien blob (dunno the name), Little Buddy, genuine Dead Cone, Pyro's Beanie, Pyromancer's hat, Stately Steel Toe, Hottie's Hoodie and Connoisseur's Cap.

I got my strange Jarate to over 3000 in two months, so it's pretty easy to rank up.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:03 am

Couldn't find a good server tonight.

First one was full of players way out of my league. So I left to find some easier prey.

Fair game on 2fort after that. Kinda. Two players on the enemy team (out of the 7 players on the server) were so obnoxious. Bragging about every single kill they got and using profane language. They were also pretty good. I hate it when obnoxious players are skilled. It doesn't give you anything to hold above them except your cool head. (I could name a "Friend" of mine that does this, but is far more tolerable.) Luckily I came out ahead in the end, and I disconnected getting a few kills on them. Might have stayed longer, but I found my character frozen in place where the only actions I could do was look around and pull up the game menu. (I'm half-convinced it was the annoying guy who was somehow in charge of the server, trying to hold me still for a free kill after I dominated him. I wouldn't put it past someone that obnoxious.)

New rule: Only playing on Brony servers for a while. Bronies are very close to my skill level, (slightly higher than me by an inconsequential amount.) and are pretty much guaranteed to be good sports. They micspam music a lot though. Good music, but I'd rather just listen to bullets whizzing by my head.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 am

Just got the last ingredient to build the Phlogistinator, and holy crud it is OP! Just don't tell Valve I said that!

If you manage to kill someone with roughly Soldier's health, that fills the charge. Yeah, that's it. Good thing too because staying alive as a Pyro is HARD!

After that, CRIIIIIITS. Long time of CRITS!

Fatal Flaw: No airblasting. Only use for the airblaster unless you're crazy good at reflecting rockets is extinguishing teammates anyway. But that is solved with a secondary weapon that can extinguish! And every extinguish gives it a Crit! I need to get that!

I would have crafted this weapon as soon as I got it in-game, but we were so far behind that the game took pity on us and only gave us a 1 second respawn time. That is not long enough to craft!
Probably should have crafted it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Enjoy the Phlog whiel you can, Chaos. I can hear the Valve nerf-itiser warming up.

On other news, I've been getting back into the Soldier recently. The Liberty Launcher and Reserve Shooter combo have really freshened up the class for me. The extra rocket speed makes all the difference for my timing, since I never could get the hang of the normal rocket speed. However, the smaller clip size makes bombing runs weaker, since you only get two rockets to rain on your enemies. (Subtracting one for the rocket jump). But that is the price I have to pay for the luxury of fast rockets with splash included.

Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 7:18 pm

I also love the Liberty Launcher for the same reasons.
Though because of it's small clip I normally don't do rocket jump bombing runs.

Interesting choice using the Reserve Shooter. I avoid that pairing with the LL again due to the small clip of both of them. I'll run out of rockets fast, so I need something to defend myself with once I run out and don't have time to reload. Especially since my aim leaves much to be desired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-