MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

What are you playing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

What are you playing? - Page 20 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Ubisoft really knows how to make a hilarious game.

Plus, who can't love a soundtrack made of ukuleles and kazoos?
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 7:59 pm

All A-Rank in Sonic Generations!

All Bosses, All Acts, all Special Stages

And 15 of them (out of 28) are S-Rank!

(And yes, my profile card has multiple cases where it spells the word "A-S-S", but what can ya do?)
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:35 pm

99% of the missions in Sonic Generations completed! They'd all be done by now, but each one costs me 5 Play Coins to unlock unless the game randomly decides to feel generous and unlock a random one. I'll save up a few coins then buy that last one.

Also, very happy discovery:
If you go to the sound menu in collections, set it to "Play List", and plug in your headphones; it will play music even if you close the 3DS! Instant MP3 Player. All Sonic, all the time!
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:07 am

Didn't realize the playlist feature worked like that, cool.

If I decide to go back and S-Rank all the levels (almost done, just 2 -4 left) I'll definitely get around to the missions.

But if I don't I probably won't.

Managed to beat a few bosses in Demon's Souls this weekend. Feel like I'm finally making progress.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 12:28 am

Yeah, I kept hoping the playlist would work like that, but I never got around to testing it until now.
All the best songs from Sonic's history in one place! ...Plus Amy Rose's theme.

I might S-Rank all of the acts someday. But for now I'm happy with A and up.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:34 pm

I most certainly COULD S-rank everything I just don't have the motivation at the moment.

Almost done with Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, would probably have beaten it today if not for forgetting my charger at home.

Managed to beat a few more Bosses in Demon's Souls as well. A few more of those, tons of material farming, and a few new game+ runs and I'll have another Platinum.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:58 am

Every mission clear except that one where you have to use the Red Blaze color ability to get through an explosive-filled maze in 5 seconds. (NO IDEA how to do this.)

Also finally got around to trying the 1st person mode in MK7.
It is AWESOME being able to sit in the kart for once! And in 3D no less!
However the downsides are many:
>No peripheral vision. Not even when drifting. That can screw you up when you're kart isn't going in the direction you're looking. And let's not even mention the other karts and course hazards you need to see on your left and right.
>The gyro sensor is hard to use. And you can't turn it off so you have to keep REALLY still if you want to play first person with the control pad. Also, tilting the screen messes up the 3D. I could turn off the 3D, but I put myself in the driver's seat for the awesome experience. You want me to turn off the other half of the experience now?
>You can't look down. This makes gliding difficult. This is the reason some of the ramps are made of see-through mesh, so you can see what's below you before you even go off the jump!

These two things REALLY make an impact, yet I find I wanna keep driving in the seat just 'cuz the other half is so awesome! ...But I'm leaving the difficulty on 100cc.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Beat Dark Dawn today.

Ending is disappointing and hopeful at the same time.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:59 pm

First Fluttershy burns down a village, now this.
I NEED THIS GAME!

Fun fact: This is an official mod made by Valve themselves in celebration of Skyrim being added to the Steam Workshop.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:00 am

They released some tools to the public via Steam like yesterday or something.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:07 am

JohnnyboySP wrote:
They released some tools to the public via Steam like yesterday or something.
I kinda expected that if it was being added to the Steam Workshop. Razz
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Got to a really tricky part in Rayman Origins.
Died enough times for that little flying guy with the huge grin (Haven't played enough Rayman to know who he is.) to come in and say
Quote :
Yikes, this place is dangerous! Are you sure you want to stay?

[Stay] [Leave]

Unlike the Super Guide, This message actually made me smile instead of say "I not doing that bad!"
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:41 pm

@JB: Yeah... Dark Dawn, unfortunately, isn't Golden Sun or GS: TLA... A good attempt, and really, a decent game, but yeah... not quite those two.

The ending was... idk... meh, I guess? It does at least hint at a sequel. (which hopefully won't take another ten years. -.-)

Anyway... playing Solotorobo. Sorta non-stop. ^_^; I'm actually enjoying the game quite a bit. It's pretty charming. (even the Japanese voice over sounds are cute, lol.) And, even if it's mostly easy, it's fun. (the racing is pretty BS, though. >.> Fishing is... somewhat BS.)

I think I'm pretty much in the homestretch, now.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:00 am

As long as it doesn't look awful like DD does and has some actual difficulty besides the weird spike for the last boss then I'm all for it.

And I guess give us a Felix kid to play as, be kind of cool if we could get a female lead for something a little different but that seems to never happen. =/

The real problem with the story is basically everything was inconsequential and we're back to square one at the end. It felt like half a game.

Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:14 am

I agree on all points, really. I'm not a graphics person or anything, but yeah... the characters really did look very blocky. =\

And yeah... It was pretty much a joke the whole way through, challenge-wise. I don't remember the final boss being difficult, either...

I think I missed the old cast. It seemed like they weren't in the picture, much. And, did Piers even make an appearance? I can't recall, lol.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:40 am

He was mentioned but not seen.

Isaac and Garet are the only 2 that you see.

The last boss wasn't hard, but compared to everything else its a large spike in difficulty.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:00 pm

In Rayman Origins, the credits rolled sooner than I expected.

I thought I was supposed to be fighting the other guys. Did I miss something here?

Oh well, there's still plenty to do. So maybe that was just a strange detour? I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:24 pm

I haven't beaten that yet to know.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Got to a level in Rayman Origins that is so bloody hard it's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:05 pm

And I somehow beat it. 45 minutes later I finally beat it! Super Meat Boy has NOTHING on this! ...Except a significantly larger collection of saw blades.

I always seemed to reach check points right when I was about to give up and take a break. Of course after a certain amount of time there was no way I was giving up only to come back and have to start all over.

Holy crud that level was crazy!
It was never hard in a way that was frustrating. It was always hard in a way that was hilariously difficult. Seriously, I was LAUGHING after a while.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:32 pm

I've held back on it lately due to the whole SOPA thing, but damnit I want that Rayman Origins soundtrack! They've actually released it officially, but I can't find it ANYWHERE.

Whenever I have the chance, I WILL buy an official release. But when not getting a chance at the official release, it's pirating time.

Speaking of which, is Multiupload down now or something? Because that's where the only path with the phrase "Official Soundtrack" I managed to find lead, but it's not replying.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:14 am

The Rayman Wiki answered any questions I had about this game's plot.
Seems a lot of the plot was removed in the final game. Well, not so much removed It's still there but doesn't go into detail. Apparently there's a file in the demo of the game that was found with the full info.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 11:57 pm

Finished Replaying On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episodes 1 and 2.

Both on "Intense" Difficulty, allowing me to unlock the Cardboard Tube Samurai costume in Episode 2 that gave my character extra attack damage.

A shame this series was canceled. It was quite fun.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Started Persona 3 Portable again. I've had it for a while, but I never got around to finishing it.

It is the strangest combination of dramatic visual novel character interaction and JRPG dungeon crawling level grinding.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Who knew getting a job would let me catch up on portable gaming so much?

I am one chapter from completing Shadow Dragon on H5 difficulty. (Which is pretty hard)

Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:09 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
Who knew getting a job would let me catch up on portable gaming so much?

I am one chapter from completing Shadow Dragon on H5 difficulty. (Which is pretty hard)

I need to get a... um... sorry, my brain has a terrible headache and I cannot remember the name. Workstudy? That thing where you get a job on your college campus? I hear there's a lot of downtime for studying and portable gaming.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Work study is a correct term for what you speak of.

It depends on what you end up doing though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you playing?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-