MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

What are you playing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

What are you playing? - Page 13 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 10:19 am

Playing more Metroid Prime.

Finally gained access to the Phazon Mines, and I've still only had one death from back at the beginning where I was relearning how to play. I'm playing it on Hypermode difficulty, yet I'm still finding this strangely easy!

Of course my tune will probably change once I get to the Omega Pirate and Ridley...
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:19 pm

You're a much better Metroid Prime player than me, for sure. (and probably at most other games, too. *shrugs*)

I still haven't defeated Omega Pirate on the GC version of the game. And I think that's just a one difficulty version.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:21 pm

MP you have to beat the game to get hard mode if I remember right.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:22 pm

Playing Castlevania: Harmony of Despair offline because I keep having connection issues with randoms for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:35 pm

X4, now.

Beat ol' Frost Walrus with no problems at all, and bustered the hell outta Magma Dragoon. (I hate that fight... took me enough tries. T_T)

Got the Dash upgrade from Web Spider's stage, but didn't beat him. Bleh.

Got a weapon tank and a couple of Life Upgrades, too. About to go get the one from Frosty's stage I saw, but couldn't get to.

Hey, this is all better than I did on the PS version, ololol.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:12 pm

My first time playing X4 it took me all night to beat a boss.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:16 am

I died for the first time in a while in Metroid Prime.

Pirates have Reverse-Engineered my beams, and these guys pack a punch!
Luckily during my second run through I came up with some new tactics to help me stay alive:

Wave Beam Pirates:
Take advantage of the fact that your wave beam causes them to seizure for brief periods when charged. Take them on one at a time, and keep them paralyzed so they can't fight back.

Ice beam Pirates:
Even less of a threat than the Wave Beam pirates for similar reasons. A charged shot freezes them for an even longer period than the Wave Beam causes paralysis.

Power Beam Pirates:
The most lethal, as my power beam has no extra effects. Their power beam is capable of rapid-fire much like my own, and miss rarely. Spare no expense on Super Missiles to take them out quickly.

Plasma Beam Pirates:
Unencountered.

I actually cried "I'm alive! I'm alive!" out loud when I reached the next save point after fighting all these!
Just before it was a cloaked security drone that I couldn't lock-on to, making me certain I was done for. Then I remembered the Wave Beam's Charge Combo automatically targets nearby enemies with a high-voltage beam. Two seconds of that and it was down!
I had just two energy tanks left out of ten!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:34 am

I found a path I have never been to before in either of my last two playthroughs!

I can tell because the elevator actually had to be scanned to be activated. It saves scans from all previous playthroughs.

Sadly it's just a shortcut between the Phazon Mines and Magmoor Caverns, no hidden items here.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Anyone know how to get the Missile Expansion in the Frost Cave (Giant cave with one Glider flying around in the middle and a frozen pond at the bottom) in the Phendrana Drifts region?

That item has been the bane of my existence since I first played this game!
Sitting there under the unmeltable, unbreakable ice, clearly visible, taunting me...

Edit: NEVERMIND!
I have you now, you little... I don't know weather to hug ya or kiss ya.

...Well my sanity must be gone for posting that last line.
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 7:31 pm

How did you end up getting it? Plasma beam or something? (can't place which expansion you're referring to, though. It's been quite a while since I last played Metroid Prime. >.>)

Anyway... more MMX4. Bustered four out of the eight Mavericks, and the Colonel, so far. I keep screwing up on trying to take out Storm Owl this way. Been close a few times, but yeah. And I haven't yet found the weapon he's weak to. I likely don't have it, as I've tried everything.

Honestly, I don't think I'd be doing quite as well as I am had it not been for finding the Dash parts early. (been finding life-upgrades fairly easily, too. I think I've only got three left to get.) Still haven't found any more secret capsules. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Pickle
Pickle
Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Brawl, but not having a lot of luck in finding groups who want to fight instead of rape the taunt button, not to mention lag.

Why do I love this game so much? D:
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 9:55 pm

I haven't played brawl in friggin' ages. X_x

lolz. I can only imagine what the level of my already horrid skills at the game has dropped to. XD

...One Reploid left to go in MMX4, now. Ended up bustering a fifth. And took out six and seven with their weaknesses (after going through the whole list first, lol.).

Still can't seem to find any more capsules or life-ups. (or whatever it is that's missing in the -tank section.)

Split Mushroom. Ugh. I hate this stage. -.-
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:30 pm

Meowth'spal21 wrote:

lolz. I can only imagine what the level of my already horrid skills at the game has dropped to. XD

Can't possibly be worse than what mine must be now. Blush

Starting to play Symphony of the Night again because Lords of Shadow made me want my maze-castle back. Not to say that Lords of Shadow is by any means bad, but I like my Castlevania as a platformer/Metroidvania thing better.
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Symphony of the Night. <3<3

Also... idk. I'm pretty bad. XD
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:24 am

Meowth'spal21 wrote:

...One Reploid left to go in MMX4, now. Ended up bustering a fifth. And took out six and seven with their weaknesses (after going through the whole list first, lol.).

Still can't seem to find any more capsules or life-ups. (or whatever it is that's missing in the -tank section.)

I think I managed to 100% X4 without guides or anything. lol

Can't remember the capsule locations off the top of my head though.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:25 am

T_L wrote:
Meowth'spal21 wrote:

Can't possibly be worse than what mine must be now. Blush

Starting to play Symphony of the Night again because Lords of Shadow made me want my maze-castle back. Not to say that Lords of Shadow is by any means bad, but I like my Castlevania as a platformer/Metroidvania thing better.

And this, very this.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:15 am

Meowth'spal21 wrote:
How did you end up getting it? Plasma beam or something? (can't place which expansion you're referring to, though. It's been quite a while since I last played Metroid Prime. >.>)

Anyway... more MMX4. Bustered four out of the eight Mavericks, and the Colonel, so far. I keep screwing up on trying to take out Storm Owl this way. Been close a few times, but yeah. And I haven't yet found the weapon he's weak to. I likely don't have it, as I've tried everything.

Honestly, I don't think I'd be doing quite as well as I am had it not been for finding the Dash parts early. (been finding life-upgrades fairly easily, too. I think I've only got three left to get.) Still haven't found any more secret capsules. *shrugs*

Nope, as I said, it's 'unmeltable'.

The real solution is hiding at the very top of the room just out of sight in the form of a breakable stlagtight. ...How the heck do you spell that?
Only way to break it is to grapple the glider over to a platform that is otherwise suspiciously useless.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:19 am

I'm two rooms away from the Omega Pirate with 1300 units of energy and 135 missiles.

The next time I turn this game on will be the true test of if I can survive Hypermode difficulty!

Ya know, I gotta say playing shooters has really helped me in this when facing Pirates.
Basically just pretend you're a TF2 Scout and don't stop double jumping and running around. Unlike in TF2, there's no cost to constant movement making it difficult to aim as long as there's a lock-on function!
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:14 am

It is impossible to be certain as I forgot his life signs were even visible to me, but I think I did about 5% damage before both my missiles and energy were depleted.

How am I supposed to fight something invisible while fending off the most powerful of the non-elite force that comes in for backup so often?!

Will try again later.

One thing I did learn: On this difficulty the only way to break off his armor efficiently is with a power bomb dropped as high in the air as possible.
Missiles will be deflected, beams will be absorbed.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:49 am

Me: Maybe I'll play something other than Metroid Prime for now.

Inner self: NO! Playing a different game when stuck somewhere is the equivalent of admitting defeat! After a while you'll just keep playing other games and forget Metroid Prime exists! You will go and have the Omega Pirate kick your quack my stingray bloo five more times before you even think about starting a new file on Half Life!

...Wow I'm hard on myself.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:20 pm

First run was pretty good. Would have done better if I wasn't still creating a strategy. Knocked the Omega Pirate down to roughly 10% health before I ran out of Power Bombs and Missiles causing me to resort to beams that are hard to hit him with. And he eventually whittled me down to 08 health where I knew it was over but still lasted pretty long.

Second run was perfect. --In theory.
Had the perfect plan, but was swarmed by poor luck.
None of the pirates dropped power bombs like the in the last run, just worthless large health capsules that heal 20 of my freakin' 1300 max health. That's like filling a bucket of water with a hole in it using a shot glass.
and all of them were the semi-invincible extremely-hated PowerBeam Pirates. I can't kill these effers. They knocked my health down in record time and then some. The only way you can kill them is with a power beam- the weakest of all beams. Oh, and you'll never hit them because the Omega Pirate has an Energy Siphoning unit that pulls in your beams away from the pirates like a magnet. Your only choice is to run toward the Omega Pirate and hope his shockwaves kill them for you (At least that's what you think as you watch one cling to a wall, safe from the shock wave) while dodging the fire of three pirates plus one Omega Pirate. NOT A FUN DAY AT THE BEACH.
Died while the boss still had 50% health.

Unrelated note: I hate beaches.

Edit: I may have had a pretty 'bad day' for lack of a better word in-game just now, but you have to admit reading that was pretty entertaining.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Got all of my Fuma gear in Harmony of Despair today.

Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:48 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
Meowth'spal21 wrote:

I think I managed to 100% X4 without guides or anything. lol

Can't remember the capsule locations off the top of my head though.

I got everything, now. Just took a bit of looking around, and discovering that I could actually use Web Spider's weapon as an extra wall to jump from. >.> (and figuring out a charged Twin Slasher can destroy walls, lol.)

Anyway... started up MMX5.

I... don't know what to think of it. First impressions aren't great, tbh. I don't like a time limit in a series of games that normally doesn't have one. I'm not THAT great at the MMX series so...

Idk. We'll see how things go, but yeah. I'm mixed.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 11:52 pm

X5 had it's ups and downs but I think X6 did a better job of a lot of them.
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Pickle
Pickle
Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 9:27 am

Pokemon White. Trained a Scrafty for my second team, and I named her Liz (yes, after the chameleon from The Magic School Bus, lawl).

I <3 Scrafty even more now.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:23 pm

Aw man, I forgot about that show.
Nostalgia bomb.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you playing?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-