MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
T_L
Mod

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:56 pm

...Fizzled candygloss paper (the redeadening). D\'AWW
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:57 pm

On another note, why is Yoko the only caster who doesn't seem incredibly annoying to level?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:58 pm

From what I understand ANY USB headset should work.

The game does lag pretty bad with a bad connection. The question is how bad? lol
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:58 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:

The game does lag pretty bad with a bad connection. The question is how bad? lol

Huh. I need to find a USB headset, then I need to go pester the guy at Gamestop who said they wouldn't work. raaaage
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:59 pm

Because she comes with all of her spells and only has 3?

I like Shanoa better, but she has more stuff to get. And some of her spells are annoying to level, but once maxed do add a lot to her base attack.

You are familiar with how characters grow correct?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:00 pm

T_L wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

Huh. I need to find a USB headset, then I need to go pester the guy at Gamestop who said they wouldn't work. raaaage

MarioGamer159 uses a USB headset (cost about $20 I think) and he and I can chat fine.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:01 pm

As I understand it, most of the characters grow by using subweapons and getting better weapons. Charlotte has to use her magic book shield thing to absorb enemy spells to use, except that it takes forever, so I'm not touching her till I'm more patient. Shanoa has to get glyphs from enemies, which is sort of like what Charlotte has to do, but seems faster cause I actually succeeded in getting a glyph in less than ten minutes of gameplay.

Also, where does Shanoa get weapon glyphs?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Shanoa then has to level up the move by usage and it adds to her base attack power as it grows.

Her weapons are mostly boss drops with the exception of the 2 from Chapter 10 that are also in purple chests.

She also has 2 spells from DLC chapters that are awesome, since you have the DLC we can get you those soon.

Any DLC sub-weapon or spell does not contribute to attack power when leveled up though. But hers are worth maxing out anyway.

Once we get you to hard you need to save up for Master Rings, they cost 200K a piece, but are worth it as they help you level moves up much faster.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Boss drops? Oh dear. dislike

OKAY SWITCHING TO ALUCARD FOR CRISSAEGRIM RAPE TIME I GUESS.

(Wait, is the Crissaegrim in this game?)
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:13 pm

It is but it's also a rare boss drop, and it's called the Valmanway.

It is contained in Chapter 6,7,8 on hard.

There is also the Valmanway +1 on Chapter 10 hard.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:14 pm

I get the feeling this is one of those games that's going to make you bend down and then rape you multiple times to accomplish things.

And dammit, I'm okay with that. Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 3845856932
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Most of the good stuff comes form boss chests on hard.

Which is why it's imperative to get to hard mode and get good gear.

IIRC Shanoa can get 2 of her weapons on normal.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Also, how do you keep reviving me when I screwed up and died every two minutes?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:17 pm

T_L wrote:
I get the feeling this is one of those games that's going to make you bend down and then rape you multiple times to accomplish things.

And dammit, I'm okay with that. Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 3845856932

Yes it is, but Local co op shaves of a crap of the grind if you can handle playing with the screen really zoomed out.

Sign in 3 stationary players (can be done with just 1 control) and just run thorough the level, you get the loot all 4 of them collect.

If that sounds too strenuous just play with me online and I'll help you go for stuff.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:18 pm

T_L wrote:
Also, how do you keep reviving me when I screwed up and died every two minutes?

In multiplayer Blue Treasure Chests drop "Water of Life"

It's a revive potion, you can only hold one at a time, they do not stack.

You have an icon next to your character status (HP/MP bars) that indicates if you have one, if you don't it will be empty or display your equipped item.

Also you can see if other players have them as well.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:22 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
T_L wrote:

Yes it is, but Local co op shaves of a crap of the grind if you can handle playing with the screen really zoomed out.

Sign in 3 stationary players (can be done with just 1 control) and just run thorough the level, you get the loot all 4 of them collect.

If that sounds too strenuous just play with me online and I'll help you go for stuff.

I'll just stick with you when I can get online, since I'm the only one in my circle of real-life friends who plays Castlevania and also because I'm pretty sure you're not as likely to punch me if I resort to tactics like "hide behind the guy with the good equipment so he can do all the work while occasionally tossing a few spells out and taking advantage of moments when the boss has decided it hates him more."

Speaking of which, Death seemed distinctly pissed at you in that last chapter.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Yes but fortunately I had good armor and brushed off his attacks.

My Soma isn't powered up offensively at all though. Need good weapons.

Hard mode is not forgiving, especially the DLC chapters.

Eventually we need to get you a pair of Winged or Sonic Boots. Sonic for sure but Winged my come first as they are way more common. (Still rare but way easier to get)

And if you use whip guys Fuma Grieves.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Those all increase movement speed by the way.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:27 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
Yes but fortunately I had good armor and brushed off his attacks.

My Soma isn't powered up offensively at all though. Need good weapons.

Hard mode is not forgiving, especially the DLC chapters.

Eventually we need to get you a pair of Winged or Sonic Boots. Sonic for sure but Winged my come first as they are way more common. (Still rare but way easier to get)

And if you use whip guys Fuma Grieves.

Yes, I'd like to not move at the not-awesome pace people move at in the beginning. =U
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Are Dual Crushes worth using in multiplayer?
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:32 pm

Yes, they can be very devastating to bosses.

They just aren't "necessary" in a lot of cases.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Sonic Boots was probably the most annoying thing for me on the 360 version.

Took me over 300 runs of Chapter 9 to get my pair. >_>
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:36 pm

That's the one with... giant-floating-corpse-guy-who-shoots-flies-or-something?

I'm bad with names. OMG
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:39 pm

Beezlebub, yeah.

Great boss for leveling up spells and sub-weapons on.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Legion is also really good for leveling up spells and stuff but Chapter 8 takes longer to run through.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Legion is the one made up of a corpse-orgy, yes?

Had a different name in Symphony?

Kind of creepy as hell?

Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Yes

Not sure

Up to personal opinion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!   Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Castlevania Harmony of Despair hits PSN Tuesday!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-