MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dylan Shows His True Colors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
McKnackus I
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
McKnackus I

Dylan Shows His True Colors Vide
PostSubject: Dylan Shows His True Colors   Dylan Shows His True Colors Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Dylan Shows His True Colors RIBXS

It has been WAY too long since I've put true effort into a piece. With this piece I say NO MORE!

So as Dylan looks up into some non-descript object with a confused/annoyed expression, I look back at the recent developments regarding the character. How I've shut the door on this character countless times only to come back with some different design, only to scrap it for a long time.

Now, after a few months of fiddling around and taking critique and other such artistic learning shenanigans, I finally feel like I can use him reliably. Sure, he's not completely developed, but now that I can actually draw him (or at least, know how to) Dylan no longer naggs my artistic brain with his stubborn design. Very Happy

So what's next for Dylan? Beats me, but I'm not gonna just end it here, I'll tell ya that.

Comments and Critique are much appreciated! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Shows His True Colors   Dylan Shows His True Colors Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 4:37 pm

GO EFFORT. I like your style c: quite attractive and lively not to mention the fact you're excellent at poses and managing expressions on your character's face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zetras.com
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Shows His True Colors   Dylan Shows His True Colors Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:09 pm

How many redesigns does this make, now? =P

Haha. Kidding. =P It's only natural you'd want to perfect a character you've made up. I don't blame ya.

Dylan looks a lot taller than before, his nose shrunk dramatically (lol), and the addition of the different colored marking on his chest is a nice touch.
Back to top Go down
McKnackus I
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
McKnackus I

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Shows His True Colors   Dylan Shows His True Colors Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:18 am

Overlord Megatron wrote:
GO EFFORT. I like your style c: quite attractive and lively not to mention the fact you're excellent at poses and managing expressions on your character's face.
Thanks! Very Happy Though I'd rephrase that to say I'm excellent at SOME poses, and SOME expressions. Usually the expressions are an afterthought, considering that the characters I draw are usually in white voids, reacting to nothing. One of these days I'll get to drawing characters actually doing things. :p
Meowth'spal21 wrote:
How many redesigns does this make, now? =P

Haha. Kidding. =P It's only natural you'd want to perfect a character you've made up. I don't blame ya.

Dylan looks a lot taller than before, his nose shrunk dramatically (lol), and the addition of the different colored marking on his chest is a nice touch.
Well if we're going to count, around 6 or 7, not counting the experimental ones in making this one. Really, I probably wouldn't have brought him back, if my mind just shut up about him. Sometimes my mind is stubborn. It'll tell me over and over that something is wrong or incomplete. Such is the case with Dylan. He represented a huge gap in my artistic "career," so my mind nagged me until I filled it, and filled it has been, for the most part.

And thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Shows His True Colors   Dylan Shows His True Colors Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:41 am

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM GO!

His nose... it's... protruding... or something. It looks kind of awkward where it connects with the eyes. And I think there's a proportional type disparity thingy (I'm not an artist, I have no idea what I'm saying here).

Also, the right arm appears to be lacking a chunk on the space between the shoulder and the elbow. That might be a biological problem for... armadillos...? Or that might be a design choice that I'm not supposed to criticize, but whatever. Also also, the fingers might be slightly off, but I don't know, so whatever.

Other than that, yeah, it's pretty good. The facial expression is just him going You did what?, which is awesome, so yeah. I love it more
Back to top Go down
McKnackus I
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
McKnackus I

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Shows His True Colors   Dylan Shows His True Colors Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 1:15 pm

T_L wrote:

His nose... it's... protruding... or something. It looks kind of awkward where it connects with the eyes. And I think there's a proportional type disparity thingy (I'm not an artist, I have no idea what I'm saying here).

Also, the right arm appears to be lacking a chunk on the space between the shoulder and the elbow. That might be a biological problem for... armadillos...? Or that might be a design choice that I'm not supposed to criticize, but whatever. Also also, the fingers might be slightly off, but I don't know, so whatever.

Other than that, yeah, it's pretty good. The facial expression is just him going You did what?, which is awesome, so yeah. I love it more
Thanks. Very Happy I'm unsure exactly what you mean by some of these things, but I'll keep an eye out for them in the future anywho. :p
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Shows His True Colors   Dylan Shows His True Colors Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 9:51 pm

McKnackus I wrote:
T_L wrote:

Thanks. Very Happy I'm unsure exactly what you mean by some of these things, but I'll keep an eye out for them in the future anywho. :p

Actually, looking back, I'm not entirely sure what I meant. Looking at it again, the nose and fingers are still kinda weird, and I think the shading on the chest area seems a little off. The style and pose is still pretty good though. duuuur
Back to top Go down
McKnackus I
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
McKnackus I

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Shows His True Colors   Dylan Shows His True Colors Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:39 pm

T_L wrote:
McKnackus I wrote:
T_L wrote:

Actually, looking back, I'm not entirely sure what I meant. Looking at it again, the nose and fingers are still kinda weird, and I think the shading on the chest area seems a little off. The style and pose is still pretty good though. duuuur
Haha, well whatever the case, thanks. I love it more
Back to top Go down
RoseBuddy
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
RoseBuddy

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Shows His True Colors   Dylan Shows His True Colors Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 11:21 pm

nice drawing Razz

it makes me feel better... wants to punch the people to people program in the face right now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan Shows His True Colors   Dylan Shows His True Colors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan Shows His True Colors

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Creative Arts :: Artwork-