MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Vide
PostSubject: The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo   The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:02 pm

You know; my father burst out laughing when I told him I was leaving home to become a famous adventurer. But I got the last laugh there, I stole his Copper Maul on the way out! But I'm afraid he might of had a point; I'm not exactly the best fitted for such a task. I have no experience with weapons at all, and aside from an old shield and a wolf-leather shirt and trouser combo, I have nothing else to aid me. Unperturbed however, I head towards the nearest hamlet. Maybe they would be in need of a hero.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page1fc

Here's a description of me, by the way. Don't I look excellent?

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page2ll

After a hours walk, I reach the nearest settlement and enter one of the buildings. Around half a dozen people were idling about in the small building, their pleasant chatting came to an abrupt end as they noticed me entering.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page3af

With all eyes on me, the unusual new figure in the room, I approached the nearest villager. I was pleasentry surprised as I soon recognised him as the armorer who had once worked with my father years ago. The feeling was mutual, it seems, as he came up to greet me warmly. We exchanged some simple pleasentries, but I soon took the conversation to a more serious path, and the smile on Orid's face withered away.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page4f

He took me outside and began whispering, as if he thought someone, or something may be listening in. In a sombre tone, he descibed to me a creature that had been terrorising the hamlet for the past few months, a creature that would provide me my first task.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page4qnv

I set out immediatly. Odin gave me some food and water for the journey, which I was exceedingly thankful for, since I had forgot packing my own. After a short journey through the Western desert, the regular haunt of the beast was in sight.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page5nj

Before long, I noticed a stone door carved into a cliff-face. I knew it had to be the home of Duka Neutralbunny. I slowed my pace and sneaked through the heavy door, ensuring I did not make a sound.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page6ln

Duka certainly made a home for himself. The cave was full of barrels and storage items, body parts and prepared human chunks filled the containers, and flies littered the cave. There was a foul stench and the air was stagnant and heavy. Attempting not to gag, I sneaked further through the lair. Suddenly, I heard a piercing shriek, and a figure leapt out in front of me. It was Duka! It roared its name and title at me, before raising its arms and charging at me.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page7f

With the creature running shrieking down the passage towards me, I panicked. I reached into my backpack, pulled out a copper dagger, I threw the blade at Duka. The spinning dagger struck Duka in the leg, causing him to let out a pained roar and spin to his right.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page8x

I had stunned the beast! I attempted to escape while it was distracted, but it endured the pain of his injured leg and took chase again. Pulling out another knife, I aimed at the approaching creature, and flung my knife as hard as a could.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page8vb

Duka was decapitated by the knife throw! The head sailed backwards, as the body slumped where it once stood, just a few feet away from me. Pleased with my work, I begin sifting through the items of the lair, picking up what I liked the looks of.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page9t

Heads make great throwing items.

The townspeople were delighted with my work, almost too delighted. (Relax yourself, Nabzis.) And soon, talk came to about another creature who had been attacking the village.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page10d

Half a day's travel, and through dangerous terrain no less! This was no simple task, there was a chance I could die even before I reached the lair of Obok. I realised I needed some companions, and approached a peasant. Needless to say, he was thrilled with the idea of adventure, and was already rearing to set out even though the sun was setting.

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Page11pu

I soon found another peasant who was equally as eager, and with a party of three. We rested for the night, eager to set out at dawn.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Gr33n

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo   The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 4:38 pm

What game is this lol? dwarf fortress?
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo   The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Gr33n wrote:
What game is this lol? dwarf fortress?
You catch on quick, green-boy.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo   The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 9:20 pm

Duka Neutralbunny is the best name. victory
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo   The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Gar Kadestbudo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-