MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

What are you playing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King

What are you playing? - Page 14 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:23 pm

Aw man, I forgot about that show.
Nostalgia bomb.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Ha, It's amazing how much of that theme song I wasn't paying attention to as a kid. I was just looking at the pretty moving pictures.

I knew 2% of the words in there!
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Yeah, as kid I didn't really bother to memorize the songs. But it's fun to take a look back at the glory days of cartoons.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:25 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
Yeah, as kid I didn't really bother to memorize the songs. But it's fun to take a look back at the glory days of cartoons.

What are you playing? - Page 14 E6e38203-6a28-490a-9231-afc64b17d99f
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 2:01 pm

^^

Pfff. That's nothing.

I remember (and grew up with) cartoons before those. (including first generation ponies. I like )

...I do also remember The Magic School Bus... but, I didn't watch a lot of it, so I'm not as nostalgic or familiar with it. >.>

Anyway... back on topic.

I forgot that I also played a bit more of Pokemon Trozei yesterday. Becoming pretty good at it and unlocking more of the rare/difficult to get 'mon's. (still stuck trying to beat this one spot, though.)
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:08 pm

ChaosDX1 wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

One cartoon does not make up for everything else.
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:07 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
ChaosDX1 wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

One cartoon does not make up for everything else.

Years later, and I'm still horrified at the thought that Cartoon Network once tried to market itself as "more than just cartoons." <_<
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 5:24 pm

It's still not completely free of non-cartoon crap, but I suppose it's a LITTLE better than it was. (the channel did redeem itself a bit in my eyes with the new Thundercats show. <3)
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Agreed.

Man, I don't even WATCH TV anymore!

There are only two shows I care to watch, and one I don't get their channel, and the other I can never remember when it's on. (The first you know and the other is Adventure Time.)
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:55 pm

I don't even get Cartoon Network anymore. lol
Back to top Go down
McKnackus I
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
McKnackus I

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:24 am

Phineas and Ferb, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Friendship is Magic, and MAD are among the best current cartoons on the air right now IMO. I also like Spongebob and DragonBall Z Kai. I haven't seen enough of the other HUB shows or Thundercats to really judge those.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:25 am

DBZ Kai is horrible and a complete disrespect to the original DBZ. >_>

[/opinion]

Actually it'd be okay in my book if the new voice actors didn't suck and if the Japanese music wasn't so unfitting.

The Americanized version is far superior IMO.
Back to top Go down
McKnackus I
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
McKnackus I

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:16 am

JohnnyboySP wrote:

[/opinion]

Actually it'd be okay in my book if the new voice actors didn't suck and if the Japanese music wasn't so unfitting.

Voice actors seem fine to me. I do agree on the music though.

Kai has the upper hand on pacing though. They cut out a ton of filler and battles aren't nearly as drawn out and boring.

Though I'm sure people who really remember the old Funimation dubs (or even subs of the original japanese, or manga) might dislike it for being different or cutting things out they liked.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 11:54 am

So just in case you didn't see it on the chat thread, I beat the Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime on Hypermode Difficulty.

And now that he fell on me and having his internal organs melt into a bubbling poop of glowing blue radioactive muck that my armor absorbed, I am invulnerable to all phazon-based damage.

Just gotta do a sweep of Tallon Overworld for powerups, pick up the last Artifact at the Phendrana's edge just past the invisible platform (Hey, you were right, guy!). Then I'll fight Ridley and Metroid Prime.

Challenge Accepted
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:01 pm

McKnackus I wrote:
JohnnyboySP wrote:

[/opinion]

Voice actors seem fine to me. I do agree on the music though.

Kai has the upper hand on pacing though. They cut out a ton of filler and battles aren't nearly as drawn out and boring.

Though I'm sure people who really remember the old Funimation dubs (or even subs of the original japanese, or manga) might dislike it for being different or cutting things out they liked.

Gohan sounds more like a girl now, his old VA was still female, but managed to sound awesome.

Bumla, 18, and a few other minor characters have different VA's and they all annoy me.

Frieza sounds a lot more like his Japanese VA, which is fine, just way different.

Haven't heard Cell yet so no opinion there.

Pacing I'm willing to give it a win for but the music and voices ruin it for me. I like pretty much all of the changes the American version made.
Back to top Go down
Blaze
Pickle
Pickle
Blaze

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 12:59 am

Don't forget. Mr. Popo is blue.

On topic, Mario Kart Wii, and my hands ache.
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:31 pm

At the end of MMX4. I cannot figure out how in the heck you beat the last form of Sigma. First two forms? Not really a problem. (though the second fight is a bit of a pain, but manageable.) Last? Yeah. Seriously, I hate this fight.

At first I thought beating up on those tri-colored heads did it, but they're just distractions... and they kill me every time. -.- (that damn red colored head. Ugh.) And trying to juggle survival (which ends up being with no energy tanks somewhat early on.) with trying to even get to one or the other Sigma forms, I can hardly deplete any of his life at all.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 9:55 pm

That form took me a while to learn.

It's not the most easy thing in the world.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Blaze wrote:
Don't forget. Mr. Popo is blue.

On topic, Mario Kart Wii, and my hands ache.

Only on some channels. lol
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Managed to break away from Castlevania long enough to play some Ico today. Game is rather simple, but there's something kind of attractive about the simplicity.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Tired of having ICO frustrate me so it's TIME TO PLAY AN RPG FOR ONCE.

*puts in Tales of Vesperia*
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Did a little bit of GRADE farming in Vesperia, went back to failing at ICO, played a bit of Harmony of Despair and didn't really have any luck with anything.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:59 am

Finally got around to fighting Meta Ridly in Prime.

HA! This guy's easy! ... until the last 10% of the battle where he is nearly impossible to damage.

Knocked him to the ground with 25% health while I had 80%. 15 minutes of futily attempting to chip him down later he was at 5% and I was at 1%.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:22 am

Got my platinum from ICO!
Back to top Go down
T_L
Mod
T_L

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:43 pm

Return to Dreamland!

<('' <) <( '' )> (> '')>
<('' <) <( '' )> (> '')>
<('' <) <( '' )> (> '')>
<('' <) <( '' )> (> '')>
<('' <) <( '' )> (> '')>
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:48 pm

(> ")> (( ))==========================))

Kirby ha me HAAAAA!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing?   What are you playing? - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you playing?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-