MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Games You Completed This Year '12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

The Games You Completed This Year '12 Vide
PostSubject: The Games You Completed This Year '12   The Games You Completed This Year '12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 11:59 am

Ganon got this idea from NS2 from the VC board back in 2010.

Basically we list the games we complete this year, and the one who completes the most "wins".

Basic rules:

1: You can't list games you finished this year, but started in a previous year. You had to have started and finished the game during the same year. The "year" starts on Christmas for those who get games for Christmas. Multiple playthroughs in the same year do not count.
One playthrough per year.

2: If a game is a sandbox type game that technically never finishes, then how you determine if you "completed" it or not this year is based off the main storyline or in some cases, when the credits roll. So you don't have to do all the sidequests.
If a game doesn't technically have an ending, it will be counted on a case by case basis. For games like Rock Band or Guitar Hero, completing the Career Mode will count (only on expert). Games like Animal Crossing cannot be counted as it doesn't have an ending or even an "ending".

3: If it's a game you've already beaten, it still counts if you beat it again, as long as you started and finished it during the same year.

4: In terms of games like the Pokemon series where each generation contains 2 almost identical games, only one of the games counts. So no using HG AND SS.
Likewise, remakes, updates, expansions, re-releases, etc. do not count either.
So no using Pokemon Silver AND Pokemon Soul Silver.
You cannot double count a game. So if you beat Super Mario Bros. twice during a year, it still only counts as one.

Exceptions: Games that add more to the game. So you can count Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS, Metroid and Metroid Zero Mission, Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, etc.

5: Concerning types of games, we are talking about full games. Flash games online aren't going to count.
So console, PC, and handheld games are what will be counted basically.

6: If you glitched, hacked, or cheated AT ALL (even if it doesn't affect how you got through the game), that run doesn't count. Taking advantage of the AI is fine though as long as it doesn't involve cheats, hacks, or glitching. So infinite rare candies in Pokemon will make that run not count.
Stuff like the first boss in the original TMNT game where you can stand on the boxes and hit him without getting hurt don't void the run.

7: Concerning difficulty settings, ALL rhythm games have to be completed on the highest difficulty. Any other game (unless another case like rhythm games comes up) it doesn't matter. Possible exceptions may be if the game holds your hand on easier difficulties (we'll debate that) like MM10 does (at least as far as I know).

7: Just claim a post and edit in each time you beat a game. No need to create a new post every time.

8: Since I'm not a mod/admin like Ganon is on Pi I will just make a new thread each year.

9: Anything you start around Christmas time can be transferred to next year, but no counting it for both years.

Congratulations to Ryu and Chaos for having way more than anybody else last year!

Feel free to spoiler previous years in this thread.

Last edited by JohnnyboySP on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: The Games You Completed This Year '12   The Games You Completed This Year '12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:03 pm

1. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
2. Sonic Generations 3DS
3. Gears of War 3
4. Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time: Master Quest 3D
5. Star Fox 64 3D
6. Jak and Daxter: the Precursor Legacy
7. Jak II
8. Tales of the Abyss
9. Batman: Arkham City
10. Jak 3
11. Darksiders
12. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
2011:

2010:

To answer your question Chaos yes I have to make the new thread to remove clutter, I am not a mod/admin and I don't want to be a bother to them since they are never here anyway.

Last edited by JohnnyboySP on Sun May 13, 2012 9:45 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Games You Completed This Year '12   The Games You Completed This Year '12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Spoiler:

1) Half-Life 2: Episode 2 (Little Rocket Man Run.)
2) Mario Kart 7
3) On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 1 (Intense Mode)
4) Rayman Origins
5) On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 2 (Intense Mode)
6) Professor Layton and the Last Specter

Last edited by ChaosDX1 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:32 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: The Games You Completed This Year '12   The Games You Completed This Year '12 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:49 am

Added some games.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Games You Completed This Year '12   The Games You Completed This Year '12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Kirby Returns to Dreamland
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario Bros 3
Trine 2

Trine 2 being the first real game that I beat this year as I already has beaten the rest before this year. I'm not really planning to game much this year, so it should be short. Razz
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: The Games You Completed This Year '12   The Games You Completed This Year '12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. Completed it yesterday morning.

First completed game of 2012. Sad, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Games You Completed This Year '12   The Games You Completed This Year '12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Games You Completed This Year '12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-