MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:39 am

ChaosDX1 wrote:
True.

...Ya know, I think I talk about weapons more than I actually play this game!

at least you don't sell them for ridiculous prices (like some of us do.)
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:52 am

Pretty much all normal weapons should be worth one scrap metal, if it's more, you're getting ripped off.
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Gr33n

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:18 pm

less actually. a normal weapon= a normal weapon.

Über =uber (or one or two scraps depends on how badly someone wants it

Newer = reclaim.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:23 pm

Nah, normal trade is one scrap for a weapon you need. If it's on both end, then a weapon for a weapon works.

And uber weapons aren't worth more than one scrap.
Back to top Go down
Nall
The Pony Buddy
The Pony Buddy
Nall

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 pm

i'm trying to improve on the scattergun myself, as well as the short stop. I barely ever kill people with either before having to reload D:.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 12:53 pm

If you want to learn how to Scout, you should start with the scattergun first. Only shoot when necessary and take cover from attacks to reload.
Back to top Go down
Biffo
Pickle
Pickle
Biffo

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 pm

By a remarkable co-incidence, I've been throwing caution to the wind and trying out the Pyro agai after months of neglect, just as Chaos is getting back into the heat of the action.

After a bit of fiddling about with loadouts, I've determined my most preferred weapon choices for the Pyro.

-Backburner
-Shotgun
-Homewrecker

I'm hopeless at airblasting, that's a proven fact, as I would patheticly puff at incoming projectiles before being gibbed moments later. As an avid spy player, I naturally find myself sneaking to the back of enemies. A rather pointless effort as most classes, but as a pyro, it can be deadly. Especially with the Backburner involved.

The shotgun suits my play-style better, to be honest. The last thing I want is to attract attention to myself with the flaregun, and I need the rapid damage that the shotgun grants for finishing off toasted enemies or escaping from ambushes gone wrong.
Also; it's saved my life a few times with an unexpected crit blast of 160+ damage. So I'm safe to say it's secure as my secondary for now.

With the combined efforts of the Backburner and the shotgun, I didn't really need a melee weapon to switch to in close combat. The Axetinguisher is pointless to me, as I don't usually stick around to hack at an enemy, and most of the perks for the other melee weapons would just hinder my play-style in the long-run. The homewrecker allows me to have a weapon that has no downsides, but allows me to help out friendly engineers, which is a nice thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Nall
The Pony Buddy
The Pony Buddy
Nall

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Ryu wrote:
If you want to learn how to Scout, you should start with the scattergun first. Only shoot when necessary and take cover from attacks to reload.
my prob is not exactly the survival part as much as the aiming/ damage part.

and for build wise I tend to go vanilla for almost all classes except the medic and pyro. I use degreaser and axestinguisher for pyro, and I usually prefer the kritzkrieg for medic
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:24 pm

I have the same loadout Biffo does for Pyro, but for my Melee I use the Backscratcher. I almost never use it, so it's just for the passive ability to get extra health from medkits. It's great for behind-enemy-lines action where you don't have to worry about getting less health from a medic/dispenser. Bonus damage is nice to have in tight situations as well.

However in cases where I do lurk around my fellow Engineers instead of far ahead, I use the Homewrecker for the reason Biffo said.

@Nall: Aiming is hard with a scout. Some players don't move the crosshairs, and just move to the side and fire when the crosshairs float over an opponent.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 6:57 pm

Valve is buffing and nerfing all the 3 flamethrowers, I hope this mean Meet The Pyro is coming soon. Mad
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:18 pm

Ryu wrote:
Valve is buffing and nerfing all the 3 flamethrowers, I hope this mean Meet The Pyro is coming soon. Mad

The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Class_movie_bg_pyro

Also where are you guys getting this news? I don't know about this stuff until they're officially announced officially.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:24 pm

So THAT's why I heard that sound effect when editing the replay! I got a new taunt!

I'll try it out later and decide who's loadout it should go in.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:29 pm

Steam forums.

Moreover: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2147167
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Ryu wrote:
Steam forums.

Moreover: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2147167

Oh, the Beta. Yeah, I've tried some of the beta weapons, and they've never seen the light of day. Like the Rocket Launcher that gets boosted if you're being healed by a medic.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:00 pm

Well, they're heavily considering nerfing the backburner.

From what I can see, most of what is in beta gets to be in the game.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Well I haven't played Beta much so what do I know?
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 12:14 am

Tried out The Director's Vision taunt on every class.

Only the Heavy and the Pyro's animations were worth keeping over the laugh taunt in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:37 am

I think I thought up a good loadout for Demoman. ...Assuming I can master this tricky playstyle.

Loch-n-Load - Good for distant attacks.
Splendid Screen - More damage at the cost of less defense against fire/explosions.
Eyelander - Mostly because the sword looks cooler than my golf club that does the same thing.

Edit: Tried it in target practice. SO DEADLY!
Extra damage if you can aim well enough to shoot the Loch-n-Load at someone's feet. Can kill most classes instantly and send their ragdolls to record heights!

Also got a Sharpened Volcano Fragment while practicing. What? Since when were these included in the drop system!? ...Oh, since ten days ago apparently. Funny that.
Anyone wanna set people on fire? ...Without a flame thrower or flare gun? Just checking.

Moving on to trying this loadout against bots!

Edit:
I can't kill ANYONE with a sword!
Tried it. During the entire 3-part Dustbowl game, I killed maybe two people, and was far more frequently killed mid-charge by a shotgun.
Found the Scottish Resistance to be FAR more useful than the shield, and I'm still trying to find a weapon that gives the range of a sword, but doesn't have large costs for someone that can't actually wield one so I can defend myself from close encounters! Tried the Ullapool Caber. Deadly, yes, but the respawn time and all my sticky traps being destroyed upon use aren't worth it.
Loch-n-Load still extremely lethal! I'm keeping this beauty!

Hm, on the subject of the Ullapool Caber, it does give me 10% fire res. when paired with the LnL. I could just not use it, but the promise of an almost-instant kill coupled with my insane thirst for blood will make me run like a madman after enemies. ...Aw heck I'm keepin' it!
Back to top Go down
Nall
The Pony Buddy
The Pony Buddy
Nall

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:17 am

ChaosDX1 wrote:
I think I thought up a good loadout for Demoman. ...Assuming I can master this tricky playstyle.

Loch-n-Load - Good for distant attacks.
Splendid Screen - More damage at the cost of less defense against fire/explosions.
Eyelander - Mostly because the sword looks cooler than my golf club that does the same thing.

Edit: Tried it in target practice. SO DEADLY!
Extra damage if you can aim well enough to shoot the Loch-n-Load at someone's feet. Can kill most classes instantly and send their ragdolls to record heights!

Also got a Sharpened Volcano Fragment while practicing. What? Since when were these included in the drop system!? ...Oh, since ten days ago apparently. Funny that.
Anyone wanna set people on fire? ...Without a flame thrower or flare gun? Just checking.

Moving on to trying this loadout against bots!

Edit:
I can't kill ANYONE with a sword!
Tried it. During the entire 3-part Dustbowl game, I killed maybe two people, and was far more frequently killed mid-charge by a shotgun.
Found the Scottish Resistance to be FAR more useful than the shield, and I'm still trying to find a weapon that gives the range of a sword, but doesn't have large costs for someone that can't actually wield one so I can defend myself from close encounters! Tried the Ullapool Caber. Deadly, yes, but the respawn time and all my sticky traps being destroyed upon use aren't worth it.
Loch-n-Load still extremely lethal! I'm keeping this beauty!

Hm, on the subject of the Ullapool Caber, it does give me 10% fire res. when paired with the LnL. I could just not use it, but the promise of an almost-instant kill coupled with my insane thirst for blood will make me run like a madman after enemies. ...Aw heck I'm keepin' it!
While i don't like demoknight much, I'm not sure if dustbowl is the right map to try it on...
Back to top Go down
Gr33n
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Gr33n

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:33 am

Ryu wrote:
Nah, normal trade is one scrap for a weapon you need. If it's on both end, then a weapon for a weapon works.

Depends on who you ask. I've sold countless users for 2 scraps.

and its still weapon for weapon because theres people who have all the weapons and they trade for a weapon only.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 11:43 am

@Nall: Demoknight is no good for me then, as I like versatile loadouts.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Gr33n wrote:
Ryu wrote:

Depends on who you ask. I've sold countless users for 2 scraps.

and its still weapon for weapon because theres people who have all the weapons and they trade for a weapon only.
Trade is all subjective, but the normal price is one scrap. You can highball for 2 scraps and that's all fine. XD
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 5:50 pm

I've joined a Steam group called The Non-Profit Weapon Bank

They trade weapons 1-to-1 guaranteed.

However since the Uber Update, to avoid people taking advantage of their system they divided weapons into tiers so that you need a weapon from that tier to trade for a weapon of that tier.

Let me just check that list they have actually...

Epic Grin Remember that SVF I found? I can trade it for the Machina I need. Sweet.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 6:15 pm

Heh, I had a bunch of machina that I scrapped into metals. The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 3845856932
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Ryu wrote:
Heh, I had a bunch of machina that I scrapped into metals. The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 3845856932

You missed a chance at a Volcano Fragment. I like
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 7:17 pm

I'll get one eventually. Razz
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Ya know, if I make the standards for my weapon arsenal to be "Every craftable weapon", I have quite a few more to grab.

Only ones still out of my reach are Big Kill, Golden Wrench, and the Saxxy.
Problem is all the other weapons that are craftable but weren't previously on my list do not have an exact recipie. I'll be throwing items together in the small hope of me getting the weapon I want.

...Maybe I should make the standard "Dropable". Yep, sounds good. That just leaves... The Original! And that's it!

...Might want to grab those non-dropable weapons later though. Especially now that the Sticky Jumper is actually useful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Team Fortress 2 Thread   The Team Fortress 2 Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Gaming-