MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Geo Geo Gep Gep
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit

What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:28 am

Ganon1998 wrote:
Blut Aus Nord basically sounds like (as far as their albums MoRT and The Work Which Transforms God) if you got a few zombies to form a black metal band.
The image of a black metal band filled with zombies is hilarious.
It would be hilarious if it wasn't already my visualization for black metal/
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers

What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Vide
PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:51 am

Geo Geo Gep Gep wrote:
Ganon1998 wrote:
Blut Aus Nord basically sounds like (as far as their albums MoRT and The Work Which Transforms God) if you got a few zombies to form a black metal band.
The image of a black metal band filled with zombies is hilarious.
It would be hilarious if it wasn't already my visualization for black metal/
Listen to pretty much any song off of MoRT and you'll see what I mean.

I wouldn't really describe any other black metal band as that really.
Most of it comes off as cold, wintry music, not really something I'd associate with zombies, lol.

But I'd highly recommend Blut Aus Nord (and even their album MoRT. I appreciate the album for what it was trying to do, but it didn't work very well). Really good band.
Back to top Go down
Geo Geo Gep Gep
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 12:53 am

I imagine long, grey, withered faces, with their jaw stretching so far it almost falls off while they scream.

And I'm only talking about like Black Metal black metal, and some progblack.

But the crossover stuff not so much. Like Agalloch I imagined trees.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ganon1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 1:07 am

Geo Geo Gep Gep wrote:
I imagine long, grey, withered faces, with their jaw stretching so far it almost falls off while they scream.

And I'm only talking about like Black Metal black metal, and some progblack.

But the crossover stuff not so much. Like Agalloch I imagined trees.
lol

Most "crossover" black metal seems to be good. Nachtmystium, Wolves in the Throne Room, later Blut Aus Nord, Alcest, Agalloch, etc.
Basically, anything you'd call "hipster black metal" I tend to like.

But some straight black metal I like.
I liked Blut Aus Nord's album The Mystical Beast of Rebellion and Behemoth's EP And the Forests Dream Eternally.

I mean, I like black metal, I just don't like the general ideology (not that ideology has really stopped me from listening to a band before considering bands like Rage Against the Machine) and insistence on living in the stone age as far as equipment goes that some bands think is required to make "true black metal".
Screw "true black metal". It's because of them douchebags that most black metal sucks. Which is hilarious, because black metal in the first place started out promoting individualism yet now has become the most extreme case of conformity. If you don't conform to the rigid standards of black metal, you aren't black metal and will be reviled by "true" black metal artists and fans the world over for even daring to try and be experimental.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ganon1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Listening to the new Dream Theater album.
It's... Dream Theater.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ganon1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:27 pm

A Dramatic Turn of Events is pretty good, even if it is the same album Dream Theater's been writing since their inception.
I mean, there's really only one way to describe it. "It's Dream Theater".

You like Dream Theater, you'll love the album.
You hate Dream Theater, it won't change your mind.

I mean, that's all there really is to it. Dream Theater's a one trick pony.
At the very least though, they are VERY good at that one trick.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:38 pm

Gonna second that statement.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ganon1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:47 pm

Hopefully, if Mike Mangini stays with the band for their next album, he'll have some actual input on the album and we may be treated to something new.
As it stands, Petrucci programmed the drums for the album, and then when they hired Mangini they gave him the parts to learn and add in some fills.
Also, the rest of the band wrote everything else.

The only misstep on the album so far is the stupid didgeridoo thing going on at the beginning and end of Bridges in the Sky.
Also, I thought This Is the Life is kinda a "meh" song.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ganon1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Why doesn't DT let John Myeung write more songs?
Breaking All Illusions is the best song on the goddamn album.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ganon1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:09 pm

So yeah, DT and Opeth put out some good albums this year, but I dunno about them cracking the top 5 or 10 albums for me.
Blut Aus Nord's 777 Sect(s) though might. Really good album.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Ganon1998 wrote:
Why doesn't DT let John Myeung write more songs?
Breaking All Illusions is the best song on the goddamn album.

I read this as I'm listening to it. lol
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ganon1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Seriously. This is the first song since 1999 that John Myeung has written for DT.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Wow.
Back to top Go down
Geo Geo Gep Gep
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:10 pm

That's just the lyrics.

He used to write one an album, but he stopped because they made a rule that you have to have some idea of the melody you want to go with the lyrics you wrote, to make the writing process easier.

He wrote music for a bunch of them.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:13 pm

I am pleased that you are knowledgeable about this.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ganon1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:14 pm

Whatever. He should still be able to write more lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ganon1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:28 am

I need a new band to listen to, but I can't think of any.
Little burnt out on Blut Aus Nord right now.
Back to top Go down
ChaosDX1
CDi King
CDi King
ChaosDX1

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Right now?
Turret Wife Serenade (Portal 2) has been stuck in my head all day, so I pulled it up on iTunes.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ganon1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:18 pm

What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Old_World_Underground%2C_Where_Are_You_Now%3F_Cover

For the first time in like a month... I'm not in a black metal mood.
Been in more of an indie pop/rock mood.

Gonna listen to some Bloc Party after Metric.
Going for 100 artists in my library on last.fm. >I

Also this Metric album, good album. :U

So the Metric album, really good IMO.
Bloc Party album was alright.

And now listening to The Meat Puppets' album Too High to Die.
Pretty good so far, but I'm just waiting to hear Backwater, which is pretty much the only reason I'm listening to this album.
Love that song.
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:17 am

Mega Man X ost. (I've really been on a MMX music kick, lately. >.>)
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:21 am

That's okay because the series has great music.
Back to top Go down
Geo Geo Gep Gep
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Fabian Zone Trio

Picked it up because I know the bandleader/Bass player.

Good funkyjazz.

Aww yeah.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Through the Fire and Flames.

BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT.
Back to top Go down
Ganon1998
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Chicken Byproduct Lovers
Ganon1998

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:59 pm

JohnnyboySP wrote:
Through the Fire and Flames.

BECAUSE I FELT LIKE IT.
GAWSH
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Tales of Symphonia: DotNW ost, and Sonic 3D Blast music, currently.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyboySP
Sea Monkey Drone
JohnnyboySP

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Never had a chance to hear most of DotNW's soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Meowth'spal21
Bacon Bandit
Bacon Bandit
Meowth'spal21

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Ah. It's actually not too bad. I still prefer some of the original ToS music to some of the "remixes" of DotNW, but yeah. Not bad, all in all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?   What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now, or your song/album of the day?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Discussion :: Music-