MB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Faint Deception

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mega10
Admin
Admin

Faint Deception  - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:41 am

Ever get distracted? =U When writing a story and start doing something really random? I started singing Sort of >_> a song which I was calling Beetle Weeds and Seaside Greens >,> XD It made no sense at all.

Anyway I split this thing in half cuz it was FAT C: and I found a nice break for it. It was 15 pages lol. My chapters are supposed to be 4 pages >_> OH WELL C: Also my brother is utterly disgusted by Shatter in other news.

------------------------------

Chapter Nineteen
Edge crouched down. Water from a drain pipe spattered over his dark helmet, sweeping along the sides of his face and dripping from his chin. His helmet fins perked up. Again he heard footsteps and a group of voices.

“Did you check over there?”

Edge frowned and pressed himself closer to the wall. Really there was no good hiding spot down the alley he had chosen. Darkness was minimal considering the time of day and the alley was surprisingly bare of anything useful—crevasses, piles of garbage, dumpsters. The chances of his pursuers falling for such tricks were slim anyway. Still, he couldn’t help but wish for some kind of better cover. It would only be a matter of time before—

“Found him!”

Edge tensed, having a good idea of what was to follow. A hand reached down, snatching him by an arm, and flung him into the center. The momentum threw him off balance and he stumbled to his knees, palms splashing into a shallow pool of stagnant rain water. Gaze trained downward, he had an excellent view of a set of feet, primarily black in color, offset only by spiraling, green, box patterns.

“Edgy! Off pretty far alone, aren’t ya?”

He tilted his head back to meet the gaze of the zetraloid he was sure he’d find—Cipher. The Nightstrike’s glowing face marks casted a ghostly green haze on his grin.

“We came to find you.” Cipher laughed under his breath and glanced at one of the others, “Sort of anyway.”

Edge had already guessed that much, considering they had been chasing him for quite some time once he’d reached the city. Cipher spun around in a confident stride and headed the opposite direction. Two of the others in his team of Nightstrike zetraloids took up a place to either side of Edge while a third traveled directly behind, creating a diamond formation around him.

“Your owner called mine.” Cipher directed them out of the alley. They were away from central Seaside—mostly bordering small food shops intended for tourists that had come to see the bay. “Said you had run off again.”

Edge didn’t bother looking up. He couldn’t see much of anything while walking behind Cipher anyway, just the Nightstrike’s green and black hair swishing from side to side. Even if he did have a view of their chosen path he’d have hardly wished to stop and observe it at the moment.

“Stupid move.” Cipher paused at a crosswalk, waiting for the light to change color. “Zetraloids are supposed to listen to their owners at all times.”

The breeze blew in the usual swarm of scents Seaside was famous for—warm sourdough bread and a tangy blend of honey and lemon, exclusive to a certain type of tartar sauce. It was soon overpowered by the reek of cheap seafood that reminded Edge of what taking a huge gulp of marshy ocean water might taste like. A push from behind alerted him that he should be walking again.

“The ones that don’t?” Cipher took a moment to glance back at Edge, “Life isn’t as nice for them.”

Edge’s helmet fins drooped, but he kept quiet. The smells of the market strip had faded away, replaced by dank and tainted rain water. A mixture of car exhaust and smoke built within the tunnel they had entered. No cars traveled this road any longer if he was to guess, but the stench remained.

Edge’s foot caught on a jagged piece of asphalt that had lodged itself upright like a thick spear and as he walked along more pieces jabbed at his feet. The few lights still working were too dim to be of any use, barely a dull orange ring around them. He had never come home this way before, which left another question. Was home where they were headed? It seemed unlikely for a zetraloid like Cipher.

“Not very talkative, are ya, Edge?”

The group stopped without warning, causing Edge to bump Cipher. He couldn’t see in perfect darkness like they could. Fortunately, no one made any remark about it and they were already moving along once again. Sunshine from the opposite end had begun to light the path as they approached the exit. At first, it was just a deep gray shadow that over time grew to something similar to a poorly lit room. It cast a sickening orange glow on all the zetraloids, himself included.

Cipher rounded abruptly. The rest of his team dispersed in a sudden scatter as he grabbed Edge by the shoulders and slammed him against the closest wall. Edge coughed as the breath was knocked from him then tapered off into a milder bout.

Cipher’s glowing face brightened as his neon green eyes narrowed in contrast to his widening grin. “Now listen up.” He began digging his thumbs into the joints connecting Edge’s shoulders to the rest of his body then leaned in closer. “I don’t like you…”

Edge flinched.

Cipher released him and took a step back. Edge’s feet had hardly touched the ground before he was rammed back against the wall by Cipher’s foot. He squirmed, with no positive results.

“…and I don’t like your friends much either.”

Cipher let him drop again. Edge hit the ground on his hands and knees. The moist surface soaked through his gloves easily. He shook his head and took a shallow breath but barely had a chance to recover before being kicked another time. The force lifted him off the ground and sent him crashing back down.

The others were laughing. This was far too familiar for Edge’s liking. Last time the only thing that had saved him was Terrik and Canorith. Neither of them were there now. He was completely on his own.

When no additional kick came, he hoisted himself to rest on one flattened knee and a foot, placing his hand over his other knee. The Nightstrikes’ jeering laughter tapered off until only a distant, leaky drip kept pace with Edge’s pained breaths.

“Hey.”

Edge forced himself to gaze up at Cipher.

“Get up.”

He did as instructed, against the protest of his body. He had scarcely been standing a moment when Cipher brought his knee up, clipping his chin and knocking him off balance. He stumbled backwards, catching his foot on a stray shard of asphalt and soon found himself on his back.

“What’s wrong, Edge?” Cipher jerked his head to one side in mock confusion as he walked over, a slight hop to his step.

Edge didn’t answer. He huddled himself up in an attempt of protection. It didn’t stop Cipher from yanking him up again though. The Nightstrike swung him by one arm, letting go at the last moment. The wall made connection with his side, jabbing his own arm against his body as he slumped to the ground. One leg pulled in a few inches closer to where he had come to rest as he coughed and shut his eyes.

“Kids are such wimps.” Cipher chuckled. He reached down in a careless swoop to retrieve Edge yet another time, “You’re funny.”

Dazed from lack of oxygen and head rattling impact, Edge hung limp from Cipher’s grasp. He was only faintly aware of the Nightstrike continuing along his way by the bumpy tug it had on him. He squinted his eyes against the returning light, its rays like an unwelcomed explosion of white. It took him several minutes to readjust his vision.

Taking another pained breath he gazed around. For sure they had gone an alternate path, if this led to the same destination at all. A freeway—six car lanes in span—stretched beneath the overpass that they were walking along. No humans occupied the area, aside from the ones driving cars beneath. Edge turned his head against the bright light to the other side; the tall skyscrapers of the city were a backdrop behind a channel of water.

Edge’s helmet fins rose in alarm as Cipher thrust his arms out over the rail without warning. A chilly breeze swept up from below as he dangled over the traffic lanes. His feet kicked as if to find a walking surface, but nothing lay below them, leaving him utterly reliant on Cipher.

“Careful.” Cipher smirked, “You might fall.”

Edge’s helmet fins lowered as he dared to look over his shoulder at what lie below. It would be a nasty drop. If the fall didn’t cause a problem, all the cars would. Cipher’s grip loosened. Edge grabbed at Cipher’s sleeve with frantic hands, and squeezed it tight once in his grasp. Cipher chuckled.

“Cipher, should you be—”

“Shut up, Rift.” Cipher grumbled. He flung Edge out of his arms then caught him again.

“But we were just supposed to bring him back.”

“We will.” Cipher tilted his arm to the side, letting Edge dangle from it for a moment before pulling him off with the opposite hand. He held Edge upside down, letting the zetraloid sway by one foot.

“But Darryl said—”

“I know what he said!” Reaching down with his other hand, he pulled Edge up once again.

“Then how will you—” Rift cut himself off and shook his head.

Cipher smirked as he pinned Edge’s arms to his sides, “It’s not our fault if he ‘slips.’”

In the same instant Cipher let go. It may have only been seconds, but to Edge it felt like more. The cold wind as he spun head over heels. The sickening churn in his stomach. The blur of grays and reds. Then impact. Static. Black.

Back to top Go down
http://www.zetras.com
BradHummr
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:44 am

Beetle Weeds and Seaside Greens. =O Wow that's epic. xD Yaaaay chapter 19. =D

Way to choose the alley with the fewest creepy dark places Edge. =U Oh great, grabbed by the ghoulies....or the Cipher. =. This is not going to end well. D= Or I can't see how it does, unless Wrath shows up with a craving for Cipher limbs. Really Cipher? You came to find Edge? Oh, thought you were trying to find breakfast in that alley. =U Oh joy, time to beat up Edge in front of tourists. WELCOME TO SEASIDE. >=(

CANORITH. Why would you CALL DARRYL?! I think he wants Edge dead. =U Not Darryl, Canorith. Yeah Cipher, cause you listen so well right? Nice smells and taste description. Very Happy I think you showed me before but dang, it adds a surprising amount of depth to the situation. Life isn't nice even for zetras who listen Cipher. =U Look at Challenger....-errr....look at Naraku-....er....well look at Edge for example. =U

Tunnel walk. =. Walking to his death I think. Wow nice glow description. Very Happy Poor Edge. xD DISPERSE EVERYONE. =D Very good. Poor Edge. o.0 Hang in there buddy, you can take the pain. Edge has no friends Cipher, what are you talking about?

Veng: This is MY story replaced with this...Edge! D= *gets shoved out*

=\ Come on Edge, you can take them! EDGE EDGE EDGE EDGE! =D Dumb Cipher. >=. How dare you command Edge. Poor Edge. =( He's just a kid, what's Cipher's problem? =\ Here we are on the bridge thing. =. Cipher, we get it, you can beat up kids. =U Poor Edge. 0.0 Wounded and trying to hang on. D= Cipher you're a real jerk. =U Not a fake one or an artificial jerk, a real BRAND NAME, expensive one. =U

Darryl: Only the best for me. =)

>_> Yeeeeah. At least I can have peace knowing Edge survives. =U But at what cost? Excellent chapter. Very Happy I enjoyed it greatly and it reminded me how much I dislike Cipher. =P And you have been doing an insane job with the descriptions and using other ways to add to stuff, like Edge smelling stuff. =. Very great, thanks for posting. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:03 am

Yes welcome to seaside XDD

where we beat up lil kids daily.

Maybe they both want Edge dead =U

hahahaha XDD nice examples sir =)
I'm glad it adds to the scene stuff too |D Cuz I can't smell things very well so it takes a lot of work for me to get description of smells and work it in |D

Walking to his death XDD yes because clearly Edge dies in this story.

Poor Veng =c and not poor Edge c:

Yes Cipher has proven the amazing point that he can and will beat up kids as he so chooses.
Only the best for darryl XDDD

welcome c:
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:09 am

I like how while writing this I was listening to a song called This is the Best Thing.

Which repeats rapidly This is the best thing that could be happening =U and I think you would agree the best thing is that it’s happening to me |D Might be a few different words but the basic concept lol.

Available only at sears! ….if you get that you are filled of win =U If you do not, read below this after you’ve read chapter to get it |D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I’m referring to the device I speak of at the end, being apparently available at sears XP because I said searing |D so umm YES it clearly burns the thing that says sears on people =D and yes I am joking. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Chapter Twenty
Nothing moved! Why didn’t anything move? No sense of feeling remained. Like a mind floating through a weightless world of black. Was he…dead? Was that why everything was black? Stuck forever in an abyss, absent from the world and sound? No! He couldn’t be.

Again Edge willed something to move—anything. Nothing happened. He specifically tried turning his head. Was it even his head? His eyes maybe? He couldn’t tell amidst the black void. Time had disappeared along with touch and sight.

He let his mind drift to the events that had led to such a state. He’d been dropped from the overpass. That should be at least partially to blame. He had to have hit the ground, even if he didn’t remember it. Maybe the fall had detached his mind from the rest of him! Was that even possible?

Like a crack of thunder in the silence of night, it returned. Sound. Cars. He could hear cars. Screeching cars like someone had slammed on the brakes. Then a familiar voice. Was it Cipher? One of the others?

“Is he dead?”

“No, idiot.”

Air. He needed air. Why couldn’t he breathe? His mind was clouded, fuzzy, suffocated. Again he tried to gather a voluntary response but received nothing.

“You…sure he’s okay?”

No! He wasn’t okay! That voice had been fainter than before. His consciousness must have been slipping away, but he had no way to tell anyone. A strange crackle popped in his transmitters and drowned out the Nightstrikes’ voices to a vague mumble beneath a breeze of static.

Then he felt it. The kick. It didn’t hurt but it jerked him back. He took a strained breath. The effect was less than satisfying. Pain filled his chest and made him cough. Each following breath was a switch off of gasping and throbbing, creating an even deeper ache.

“See? Told you he was fine.”

Vision returning, Edge saw the Nightstrikes looming above him in a circular arc. Aside from Cipher, the others had uncertainty ingrained in the flickering of their ever glowing eyes. Their heads each tilted to the side in a unified gesture. Edge tried to get up but found feeling had not yet returned to any of his limbs. His core was racing even faster than his ragged breaths and then came the shaking. At first it was just a slight tremor trailing his circulatory system, but it soon overtook his entire body.

Edge’s head slid to the side. He was on a bank of grass bordering the lanes of traffic. Cipher and the others must have pulled him off. That would explain the screeching cars. The grass was cold. That or his face was numb. He tried opening his mouth. A dull throb emitted from the far back of his jaw and continued along through the entire left side.

“Edge, you with us?”

Edge looked at Cipher again, opening his mouth to speak, no words came out. Amidst his involuntary shaking he kept his gaze trained on Cipher. Edge had one hand stuck beneath his side—the side Cipher had kicked him over on—while the other held itself up in a crippled bend.

“You’re in shock.” Cipher kneeled down and lifted Edge to help him stand. The shaking zetraloid’s feet dangled limp beneath him and he collapsed just as soon. Cipher kept him from striking the ground and tried a few more times before giving up and letting him drop to the grass. “Huh.”

“Is he dying?” Rift asked.

“No.” A different zetraloid with yellow tipped helmet fins answered, “Cipher’s right. He’s just in shock.” To Edge he added, “You’re okay you know.”

“Told you it was a bad idea.” Rift confirmed, voice tapering off into a mumble.

Edge listened to the multitude of voices, eyes closing for a moment. He sighed softly, arm finally resting at his side. The peace was only momentary. His eyes shot open and with a transmitter disrupting wail, he flopped onto his back. Feeling in his limbs had returned—in particular a shattering pound in his left knee.

The Nightstrikes’ helmet fins lowered as they backed away from Cipher and Edge.

“Man, Cipher, you hurt him!” Rift backed up even further than the others, eyes darting about as if debating which way to run. “We’re dead!”

Cipher rolled his eyes, “No one’s dead.” He placed his hand over Edge’s mouth and flicked one of the zetraloid’s pointed helmet fins to catch his attention, “Shut up.”

Edge only shrieked again though.

Cipher gave him a most unimpressed frown then motioned to his nearest team member. “Kick his leg.”

The Nightstrike’s eyes flashed with doubt. “What?”

“I said kick his leg!”

The Nightstrike hesitated.

“Do it now.” Cipher growled, helmet fins flattening behind his head, “Or you’re next.”

The zetraloid held Cipher’s glare a moment longer. “But—” He stopped himself and looked away as he swung his foot into the smaller zetraloid’s leg.

Edge jerked forward but Cipher shoved him back down, pinning his shoulders.

“You want him to do it again?”

Edge’s eyes widened for a moment before he shook his head.

Cipher smirked and nodded, “We can be friends or enemies, Edge. You might wanna think about choosing your side soon.”

Not waiting for an answer, Cipher shoved his hand behind Edge’s neck as he hooked the other arm under the bend of his legs. Edge cringed when Cipher lifted him. The lower portion of his legs swung lifelessly while Cipher made adjustments to how he held the injured zetraloid in order to make himself more comfortable. Without further discussion, the group proceeded.

Cipher had been in no hurry. He had spoke of movies, phone calls, pranks and other zetraloids Edge had never heard of—he was particularly fond of speaking of one named Jash and how she wasn’t as tough as she thought. If he was so convinced of that, Edge hardly saw why he cared to talk about her. No one had bothered to include him in the conversation anyway though—not that he would’ve voiced his opinion.

They had reached the residential district some time ago, but Edge had yet to shake the uneasy feeling he had. Cipher’s careless jerking had left him feeling worse and for all he knew the zetraloid could be plotting to do even more.

“Almost home, kid.” Cipher broke off in his conversation, “If you know what’s good for ya you’ll go along with whatever I feel like saying.”

The others laughed at the comment. Now that they were certain he wasn’t in immediate danger of dying they had returned to finding it all a joke. Edge sighed and gazed up. The sky was clouded over by a haze, bleak as ever.

Cipher let go of his lower support and locked his other arm around Edge’s upper chest. Edge cringed as he slammed down into the new placement. Cipher may not have been doing much aside from walking, but the constant movement pulled Edge around plenty enough to trigger a pressure—no doubt from the fall—in his chest. Still he chose to stay quiet as he let his feet drag the pavement.

It wasn’t long before Cipher noticed—probably by the grinding noise of metal on cement. He stopped and sighed, staring for only a moment before letting go entirely and allowing the zetraloid to crumple on the ground again.

“You guys go ahead. Tell um we’re on our way.” Turning back he hooked his arms under Edge’s and tried to get him on his feet, “Stand up, wimp—it’s not like it’s broken.”

A skeptical glance flashed across Edge’s face but was quickly replaced when he tried putting weight on his foot. Another sharp sting shot up clear from his knee to shoulder making him collapse again.

“I…I think it is.” Edge answered in scarcely more than a whisper as he wiped a smear of dirt and plasma from his face.

“If I’d been trying to break your leg trust me, I would’ve.” Cipher attempted again to get Edge on his feet as he carried on, “The only reason I didn’t was because I thought it’d be more fun to see you get in trouble.”

Edge put minor weight on his hurt leg to keep himself from falling whenever Cipher would let go although he clearly favored balancing as much as possible on the uninjured one. It took quite some doing, making quick alternations between holding Edge up and allowing him to do so on his own to get any worthwhile results, but at last Cipher succeeded. He stepped back to observe.

Edge only stared at first, until Cipher made it clear that it was not an option. He tried taking a step, but stumbled forward. His hands stopped him before he hit the ground, leaving bits of gravelly rock stuck in his gloves. With precise care to placement, Edge pushed himself back up, favoring the leg furthermore with a heavy limp. Cipher waited for him and offered his sleeve for support once he was in range. Edge doubted it was a change of heart as the humans would say, but most likely impatience.

As time went on his leg became stronger, each step signaling pain in lesser surges. It was in good timing as well because Cipher’s pace had quickened down the last stretch of road. Canorith’s house was visible now. It looked just like all the other houses of course, if you left the exception of it having a handful of Nightstrikes near the draping ivy tangle. Canorith stood out in the center just off of the cement pathway along with Terrik and more surprisingly, Darryl.

“Found him.” Cipher announced. His helmet lit up in a brilliant green glow as they approached, “He hurt himself or something but he’s fine.”

“Thank you, Cipher.” Darryl glanced over at Canorith and Terrik, “This is an excellent example of a reliable zetraloid.”

Cipher’s already inflated self-esteem was elevated even higher; his spiraling squares glowed more intensely as he nodded and then stepped back. Edge stood in silence, weight shifted to his right leg to keep the other under less strain as he observed. Canorith was angry. That didn’t surprise him. Terrik just looked concerned. There was a gap of silence before the latter spoke up.

“Maybe you should postpone this.”

“Nonsense.” Darryl answered, despite the suggestion being directed at Canorith, “You want him to think he can get away with whatever he wants? No, you have to be strict with zetraloids. Especially stubborn ones.”

Terrik sighed, shaking his head while Canorith nodded in agreement with Darryl. Edge frowned. What did they mean? Darryl took a few paces towards him; if his legs had worked better Edge would have backed up. Something about that man still didn’t settle well with him.

“Edge, do you know why I’m here?”

Edge shook his head in a slow sweep as he kept close watch of the man.

“It’s because of you.” Darryl stopped pacing, “Your disobedience is intolerable. A zetraloid is to do as instructed at all times. Not when he feels like it.”

“But…I didn’t.” One of Edge’s helmet fins twitched as he gazed up at the man, “No one told me I couldn’t—”

“I don’t want excuses.” Darryl cut him short, “I’ve come here to show Canorith how to deal with troublesome zetraloids like yourself. Clearly he hasn’t mastered such a technique.” His eyes trailed in Canorith’s direction, but the two never made eye contact.

Edge resumed his frown, but said nothing.

“I told you that you were headed down a bad path. But since you don’t feel like changing that direction yourself, we’ll redirect it for you.” A tight lipped smile spread across his face.

Edge scowled when the man turned to face Canorith and Terrik. The Nightstrikes were talking about him too. He wasn’t sure which ones or what was being said in full context, but whatever it was they thought it was funny. It wasn’t funny though. He hadn’t done anything wrong.

“It’s quite simple once you get your point across.” Darryl rolled his shoulders in a shrug, “They just need…incentive.”

Edge gazed up at the man questioningly. He had pulled an odd device from the inside of his suit coat. After unfolding and interlocking, it had a handle far longer than the human’s hand. The rest of it was about half the width of an average ruler and equivalent, full sized length. It was silver in color and made a mild droning buzz. That aside Edge hadn’t a clue what it was.

It had preoccupied him for sure though. He failed to hear Darryl call Cipher over. The zetraloid kicked his bad leg from beneath him and stepped on him when he fell. Hardly giving him a moment to register what had happened, Cipher yanked him back up and then flung him down onto the cement as if the ground hadn’t been adequate. Edge’s head hit first, dizzying him for a moment before a fist slammed into his mouth. He yelped as Cipher pulled him up again and gave him a rough shove towards Darryl. His injured leg gave out beneath him and he found himself on his knees before the man, a thin trail of plasma trickling from the corner of his mouth.

Darryl stared for a moment and raised an eyebrow. With a subtle acknowledging glance at Cipher, he signaled the zetraloid over. The Nightstrike came up behind Edge and lifted him with one arm. He brought the other around afterwards, securely pinning Edge’s arms to his sides. Darryl waited in silence, adjusting a small wheel on his silver rod. Edge cringed as Cipher tightened his grip.

Gazing up from adjusting the tool, Darryl took a moment to rest his unsettling pale eyes on Edge then swiped the rod at an angle, scoring a searing mark across Edge’s face. It had only been a quick hit, but certainly effective. Edge’s breath caught in his throat. He squirmed in Cipher’s grasp, but the zetraloid was plenty prepared. With no other option, he braced himself as Darryl raised the rod again. Edge heard its mechanical buzz a moment before it struck, but it still managed to catch him by surprise and attain yet another hit on his now burning face. He clenched his jaws shut as an onslaught of successive strikes came down, each adding to the actuator ripping sensation.

Abruptly as it had begun, it stopped, and Cipher let him drop to the ground. The actuators beneath his skin were crawling like an army of ants—an army of flaming ants scattering in a chaotic riot more like it. Edge gazed up at Darryl when the man began to speak to him even though he could hardly see him through tear clouded eyes. It didn’t matter long anyway because the man had gone over to talk to Canorith and Terrik.

“Elecauterizer.” He tapped the tool and began folding it away, “You should invest in one. I think you’ll find it most useful.”

The humans had continued speaking, but Edge toned them out for the time being. Cipher was standing behind him still and his team of Nightstrikes remained further off. He wiped his eyes with his scarf then cringed. Even the fibers brushing against the marks on his face made it feel like he was rubbing steel wool against it.

The Nightstrikes’ laughter, even more annoying than normal, filled the depths of his skull, scalding all his thoughts like acid. With a slow limp and drooped helmet fins he made his way back towards the house.
Back to top Go down
BradHummr
Admin
Admin
BradHummr

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:03 am

Another chapter. =D So soooon. Very Happy DARN IT I read what I was supposed to read AFTER the chapter right after what told me not to. 0.0 Sorry. .-. I was on a roll I guess. >_> xD

Poor Edge. =. Nothing moved. Wow that was a very cool explanation of...whatever state of mind he is in. Some sort of shock void or something. xD Detached his mind from the rest of him. =. Interesting concept. =P Poor Edge. 0.0 You started to mention needing air and I suddenly found it difficult to breathe. xD That's how into the story I am. THANKS A LOT. >=. Dang poor Edge. 0.0 Getting kicked. D= ON the plus side Edge, the kick itself didn't hurt! =D

Wow shaking. 0.0 What an intense touch to the story. =P Really adds to the severity of the incident nicely. Gooosh. .-. Said it before and I'll say it again, poor Edge. >_< Is Cipher worried at all? He kept Edge from falling back down with full force. =O Yeah no duh Cipher hurt huim, he threw him off a catwalk thing. =U Dumb Cipher, you can't stop pain by shutting up. Cipher does care. =D He can't kick Edge himself....just kidding. >=. Kick the hurt leg that'll help. Stupid Cipher. >_> So he basically threw Edge off for no reason. =U Now he just needs to carry him. Oh I suppose some stupid personal revenge thing can be to blame, right Cipher?

Interesting stuff Cipher talks about there. =. xD With whatever he feels like saying, well how honest of you Cipher. Huh, only takes an injury and Cipher starts to be friendly....or as friendly as he's ever been anyway. Poor Edge AGAIN, just along for the ride as he gazes at the sky that offers him no more hope. =. Some new carrying method Cipher. =U How can that even be comfortable for YOU?

D= Aw Edge, you little soldier. Wow look at this, a sort of conversation with Cipher. Friends forever? =D A change of heart would be nice Edge, no? Hmm Edge maybe it isn't broken, or else you're a fast healer. Boy, if I were Edge I would be quite annoyed that Cipher could lie so freely. =P But revenge is bad Edge, better not grow up and want to take out Cipher or anything. Yeah Edge you're right. =. Noone said you couldn't. Being under human ownership sucks doesn't it? Oh no....dang you Cipher, had to go injure him first didn't you? Gosh everyone Edge is around are just so stupid. Yes even you Terrik, you're involved and if you had any sense you wouldn't be. He favors money over the well being of others? Don't help that jerk Canorith. As for you Canorith, why don't you stop Darryl? Exactly. Money? Sure a secure future can be nice but at what cost? Dumby.

I am seriously quite mad right now that I can't do anything to help poor Edge. =P If you didn't descibe it so well it would be easier to watch the events unfold, but gosh, you make it difficult don't you? Stupid Darryl. Come on Edge, grow up and show them a thing or two, break Darryl's wimpy tool like a twig. =U Maybe he'll burn himself on it as he struggles to put it back together or block the blow...or something. You don't do that stuff to a kid Darryl. Didn't get the memo? Huh, common sense does elude you then. What a way to end his little adventure. =. Poor guy. =U No wonder he's so messed up in his older years.

Story was almost TOO well described. =P I was happy when I started reading and now I am very angry at Darryl and Cipher and...everyone who continues to allow that to happen. =P In other words excellent job and thank you for posting!
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 2:26 am

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD NICE BRAD. its not like it was a huge spoiler anyway.

c: I am glad the beginning paid off because you have no idea how hard it was to get it like that. And whoohoo for being into the story as long as you're able to breathe before you die =U

You'll probably say poor edge a lot lol. If I were to quote the most common phrase from people reading this it would be "Poor Edge" XDDD

Ololol XDD yesss Cipher is only slightly concerned that he will be in trouble c: is why he sees if Edge is leik okayish.

|D Oh yes, yes indeed. Personal revenge c: I bet Cipher is quite pleased with the results too.

Honesty. Cipher has it...oddly at the same time as lying. I think it was |D Cipher dumb lazy face. Maybe he just thought it was good for lolz c:
It's not broken |D it just hurts lol. But Edge is an overreactor sometimes too if you recall like how he he said he was gonna DIE when he was lost c:

Ololol yes clearly revenge is a bad thing.
See Edge lives in a stupid world =c poor kid D:

I know those people and their MONEY >=[ bad people =c

Poor brad and his inability to help Edge =U Yes I do c: I striev to give purpose and much conflict in what I write.
AHAHAHA. that is a funny concept to envision. Darryl failing I mean.

Apparently Darryl sees no reason why not to do it to a kid =U he doesn't like zetraloids (the majority lol) after all anyway |D he rather enjoys making Edge hurt c:
But yes it explains much of Edge's future days |D

too well described? YAY C:
Haha I took brad's happy away D: I dun think the next chapter is as horrible if I recall c:
You won't see it for a long time anyway though.
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Chapter One revised

Thirteen-thirteen raced down the street and rounded a twist in the road. A large duffel bag dragged the ground behind him, leaving a trail on the dusty ground. It was much too large and heavy to have been intended for him. He pulled the strap over his head as he set off at a quicker pace, the cyan blue glow that emitted from his body streaking behind him.

“Stop!”

Thirteen-thirteen ignored the order, feet moving swift and timely beneath him. With a yelp he was yanked back. The duffel bag had sunk into a mud puddle. Shaking his white and gray head, he pulled forward again. The other was getting closer—he could tell by its gradually increasing voice.

The bag pulled out at last and hit his back, knocking him to the ground. A puff of dust flew up around him and trodden bits of wheat stems scratched at the bottom of his chin. He hopped up again and tugged at the now even heavier bag. Feet scrambling, he managed to pick up his momentum again, resuming the distance he had possessed before.

His strides leveled to well paced, quick steps, giving the bag minimum tug back. He glanced over his shoulder to assure himself that the other had not yet caught up. No. Not even in sight. Looking forward again, he leaned back, feet stamping to an abrupt halt. Another! Where had he come from?

Thirteen-thirteen rounded quickly, yanking the bag with him just in time to avoid being snatched by the hand that had been closing in on him.

“Get back here!”

“Thirteen-twelve! Thirteen-twelve!” Thirteen-thirteen called in a high pitched cry. The distance between the others and him was thinning.

Where was his brother? He said he’d wait for him! Thirteen-thirteen ran down another dirt road. This one was far wider than the previous had been. It was the main street of town—the only one for that matter. He whisked by the general store in a blur and then the feed store likewise. The little rundown post office was next with the final building coming in range—the farmer’s market hall. Those in pursuit did likewise, their legs as adults covering far more distance than Thirteen-thirteen’s own could.

What sounded to be a thin sheet flapping in the wind accompanied a cloud of dirt. The dust storm whipped up in a violent whirl from the powerful wind and forced its way around him. Thirteen-twelve jumped off the stack of wooden crates he’d been on with a chuckle.

“Got ‘um!”

He was right. Thirteen-thirteen’s pursuers, clad in standard Federation uniforms, had stopped to shield their faces. They must not have done so in a timely manner though because they were coughing and stumbling about in unsettled dust.

“Come on!” Thirteen-twelve tossed aside the old sheet and grabbed the bag.

Thirteen-thirteen followed behind his brother as they rounded the last building and looped back around. It had been his plan to steal the bag from the Federation officers. Although Thirteen-thirteen hadn’t known why they were performing such a task, he had agreed to help.

“Oops.”

Thirteen-thirteen bounced off the back of his brother’s legs, oblivious to the fact he had stopped until it was too late. After rolling across the ground, he hopped back up and scampered over beside him. In front stood one of the two Federation officers responsible for chasing them.

Thirteen-twelve chuckled in nervous anticipation as he took a couple rather large steps back. “Wrong turn.”

“Wrong move.” The officer—one Thirteen-thirteen recognized as Tekar—corrected amidst coughing. His once blue uniform had dulled to a dusty gray courtesy of Thirteen-twelve’s trap.

Thirteen-thirteen and Thirteen-twelve backed up until footsteps bluntly plodded from the opposite direction. Thirteen-thirteen squeaked in alarm as he flipped around. It was the other one. This wasn’t good.

Thirteen-twelve dropped the bag, the wave-like patterns woven through his white armor dimmed to a deep shade of indigo as he took a step away from it. Thirteen-thirteen dashed in front of him though and scooped the strap up, promptly shoving it in his mouth. Mud oozed from the fabric. Yuck! He spit it out again and watched the two closing the gap. He and Thirteen-twelve were blocked in, trapped between two vertically aligned buildings and an officer at either opening.

Casting a glance at both, Thirteen-thirteen hopped on top of the bag to guard it—just like in the movies. He wouldn’t stop until they pried it out of his hands, or from underneath him as the case was. Tekar glared as he took another step towards them and Thirteen-twelve’s blue armor pulsed with bright surges a few times as he stepped to the side.

“Get off.”

Thirteen-thirteen gazed up. The officer’s pointed helmet fins twitched irritably when the young Shapeshifter didn’t comply with his command. Thirteen-thirteen clung to the top, hugging it as if it were a giant plush toy. Still, it wasn’t long before the officer grew tired of waiting. He snatched the bag from underneath Thirteen-thirteen and sent the white and gray creature onto his back, long blue scarf resting over his face.

Still soaked from the puddle, the muck covering the strap immediately seeped through the officer’s white glove.

”Ugh!”

He flung the bag into the air and shook the mud dripping from his hand.

Thirteen-thirteen laughed as it returned and flopped over the top of him. His muffled laughter remained only a moment. Tekar’s assistant lifted it off with a subtle sigh.

“Stupid kids.”

“Stupid officers!” Thirteen-twelve countered in a moment’s bravery.

“Yeah!” Thirteen-thirteen squeaked in agreement.

“Stupid officers?” Tekar walked directly up to Thirteen-twelve, barely sparing three inches between the two. Head tilted down he regarded Thirteen-twelve, “And what makes you so certain of that?”

Thirteen-twelve watched Tekar closely with his indigo eyes; the officer had backed up a step or so and was pacing in front of him.

He paused after a moment and as he did so, a smirk slithered across his face, so eerily present, so unsettlingly confident. “Oh no, my little Shapeshifter friends, I believe it is you who are mistaken.” His gaze soon settled on Thirteen-thirteen.

“You can’t do anything to me.” Thirteen-twelve scoffed.

“Oh can’t I?” Tekar asked in return as he took a step closer, forcing Thirteen-twelve back a few himself.

“Um…Tekar, sir, with all due respect, you really can’t do anything to them.” The other officer, one Thirteen-thirteen was certain he’d never seen before, added.

Tekar’s smirk was only intensified though, seeming to stretch across his entire narrow face, a hint of silent laughter tugging at the corner of one side. He shook his head, sending up a cloud of dust again.

“Maybe not. Which is fortunate for you two.”

As he was still speaking, Thirteen-Two reached the bottom of the hill. Thirteen-Two was one of Thirteen-thirteen’s oldest brothers. He was by far taller than either he or Thirteen-twelve and had a mild teal glow to his white armored body. It dimmed as he came to a complete stop before the officers.

“Sorry.” He sighed, flashing a quick glare at his two siblings.

“They should lock you all up.” Tekar snorted before rolling his eyes and turning away. He motioned for the other to follow with a sharp swoop of a finger. “Enjoy your day, Shapeshifters.”
Back to top Go down
BradHummr
Admin
Admin
BradHummr

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 3:47 am

Chapter one revised. =O Tis making me go look back at the original chapter one. Believe it or not I kinda dun remember it. Ahhh okay, refresher complete. =)

=. This is quite different. Edge did you steal something? Or someone? Glowy Edge. Very Happy Go Edge go. =O I dunno who is chasing you or why yet, but I'm sure you've got your reasons. Poor Edge. 0.0 Fed officers. =O Wow. xD Way to be a good influence 1312. xD At least he didn't ditch Edge. =P How old is 1312 here? Is he like...close to an adult or is he littler like Edge?
xDD Edge has more dedication to the work and he doesn't even know what it is....well I guess that does make sense too. Mud....an officer's greatest weakness. 0.0 How mature of everyone here. =)
Haw haw. =U Tekar was disrespected in front of enemy KIDS. >=D Dumb Tekar, locking them up? What a jerk. =U
Well that was really cool. Very Happy I can't seem to get enough of lil kid Edge and seeing him behave not having previously lost his family is refreshing and interesting. =) Thank you for posting! =D
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:19 am

Speedy lil Edge is speedy. 1312 is indeed a good influence. 1312's a good portion older than Edge but far from adult. I think he's like 7 or something. Mud is indeed an officer's greatest weakness. Just look at Blyck.
Tekar is a lovely being you mean. Yay for refreshingness.
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 2:27 am

Chapter Two Revised

The following morning came with plenty of time to rest up from the previous day’s adventures. Thirteen-Thirteen dashed from his bed and down the hall, coming to an abrupt halt. Shapeshifters everywhere! He scowled at the multi colored glowing mass assembled before him. Dumb siblings. If they were Shapeshifters why couldn’t they shift to something smaller so there’d be more room? He knew that logic didn’t work out in how their body composition operated, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t complain about it.

Like many zetraloid types, Shapeshifters had the basic figure of a humanoid in armor. An average zetraloid’s head was composed of a human-like face and permanently conjoined helmet of which typically had small, cat ear shaped extensions known simply as helmet fins. Bracers were another universal zetraloid trait. As their name suggested, the rounded, smooth metal rings encompassing their ankles and wrists were most often used to lessen impact. An average zetraloid could come in any color, although the standard was two primarily colors known as a base color and a secondary color. It essentially referred to the prominent color and then the one that accented it. Shapeshifters however were white with bits of gray here and there.

Thirteen-Thirteen hopped the trailing scarf of one of his brothers as he wormed his way down the hall. It was one of the few advantages of being smallest. He was the youngest of fourteen and was reminded of it daily when it came to getting what he wanted. His feet scraped on the tile floor as he pushed himself back to avoid being knocked down. He was only four and—considering they were all pure Ethontumite Shapeshifters—appeared relatively small beside the others.

He shook his head and sat down for a moment, running his blue tipped finger along the glowing patterns trailing his thick, round armored foot. The endless chatter hurt his transmitters. If they weren’t discussing food, then it was about having races later, or some show they’d seen on tv.

Even if they seemed annoyed with each other, Thirteen-Thirteen knew as well as any of them that they would all be horribly lonely without the others. Regardless, mornings in this small house were chaotic. In the case they hadn’t been hyper, glowing, blurs of energy, they still wouldn’t have fit comfortably. As it was, they usually ended up climbing over the top of each other to reach their desired treasures—treasures being a term used loosely.

Running along again, Thirteen-Thirteen made his way to the kitchen entrance. It took a bit of work to squeeze past Thirteen-Seven’s leg but he managed, bringing him one step closer along his journey through the house of unruly siblings. The chatter was double as loud as it had been back towards his room.

Thirteen-Thirteen took a step back to assess the situation. A couple of his brothers were piled near the kitchen island. Boxes of colorful cereal sprinkled through the air as they argued and grabbed. It seemed like a pointless waste of food as far as Thirteen-Thirteen was concerned.

“Guys!” the exclamation was a mixture of exasperation and annoyance.

Most everyone—probably anyone who had heard—turned to locate who was speaking. It wasn’t to anyone’s surprise to find a black and white zetraloid standing in the doorway. He reached the very top of its frame. The V of his helmet curled into two pointed helmet fins—each resembling a type of small, stubby horn—and three, black, square-shaped markings rested beneath both of his eyes. His white armor had two, straight, black lines running their length—each with small, half-square shapes connecting from them to create symmetrical patterns. His ankle and arm bracers that wrapped smoothly around their mentioned joints were a dull gray.

The zetraloid set down the forest green duffel bag he’d been carrying. It was their oldest brother, the one they used to call Double Zero, a shortened form of his true name, Shift-Thirteen-Zero-Zero. Now he was simply “Ink” as the Federation had renamed him. He wasn’t home every day but frequent enough—at least upon popular vote. He got in their way of plotting mischievous deeds. It was Ink who was in charge of keeping everyone under control whenever he was here in their father’s absence. Either way, seemed he had left work early today.

“Honestly….”

Ink was greeted by nearly a dozen grins.

“Don’t you have anything better to do?”

“Why should we?” Thirteen-Eight asked.

Thirteen-Five nudged him with an elbow and looked the other way as if he had done nothing.

Ink shook his head and pointed out the door. Those around the cereal boxes exchanged glances before making their way around the island. Thirteen-Thirteen scrambled out of the stampede’s path as they rushed by yet again. Finding safety near the cluttered stand beside the door, he paused to watch Ink.

Thirteen-Thirteen was fairly confident that Ink was counting or trying to at least. His index finger would point at each dashing blur then he’d gaze up and move his mouth as if calculating. It couldn’t have been easy with how they’d rushed through. Now they just looked like white blurs with streams of bright light trailing behind them. After a few more moments, Ink enlisted his hand to count off of. He sighed at last and let his hands drop.

“Thirteen-Ten.” He murmured, “And Thirteen-Nine. Where are those two?”

Ink headed off down the hall in relative silence. Despite zetraloids collectively having metal feet most were lined with rubber to prevent excessive clatter. Thirteen-Thirteen watched him go then went to investigate the bag his older brother had come home with. The outside was rather dirty in a variety of grime he was unfamiliar with.

As he pulled the zipper back, the contents spewed out. A bag of pretzels, some strange set of tools, something that looked like a chain, identification cards. He tossed those aside and emptied the rest with little interest. Thirteen-Thirteen frowned at the empty bag and then went about searching through its contents a second time. His helmet fins perked up when he heard a rustle of crumpling paper amidst the dirty sweatshirt he had just lifted. He shook it then stared at the little white paper bag that had rolled out. Whatever was inside of it smelled tasty. He tore into the bag, flinging the doughnut straight up. It squished on his hand when he caught it, chocolate side down.

Thirteen-Thirteen made a rather delighted cry and tossed it up again before pouncing and pinning it to the floor. The doughnut flattened instantaneously. Again his helmet fins perked up as he approached the most amusing food item. He pressed one finger against its moist, bready base. Pulling back his hand he inspected the chocolaty brown substance that had clung to his finger and gave it a sniff. It certainly smelled edible. Giving it a quick lick, his eyes brightened. Approved! He licked the remainder off of his hand and arm then picked up the doughnut and performed much the same procedure to it. Only the soggy bread remained when he was finished. Tossing it aside, he went to search for more.

As he was still in search he heard his brother, Thirteen-Ten, thumping down the hall—his steps untimed and sloppy. The Shapeshifter’s helmet fins drooped and he slouched forward, making agonizingly slow progress. His armor—normally white with bright orangish-red glowing specks—was as dull and distant as he was. He yawned needlessly loud; Ink was following close behind off on a lecture of some sort.

“For the Great Creator’s sake, you’re a Shapeshifter!”

Thirteen-Ten rubbed his eyes and mumbled under his breath. He had most likely been sleeping in. He did that a lot when he stayed up all night watching movies.

“You don’t know anything.” He finally verbalized as he nearly tripped over the door frame.

“I don’t know? How wouldn’t I know? I get up at two in the morning and I don’t get off work ‘til three. Then I get to come home and watch you guys.”

Thirteen-ten didn’t bother answering, rather stretching and yawning as he blinked against the harsh sunlight. A strong gust of wind tore across the barren ground, flattening all the dry grass stalks. Thirteen-Ten whined as he turned to come back inside, Ink was in his way though.

“You know you’re a disgrace to the ‘Shifter name.”

“Aw, shut up.” Thirteen-Ten wrapped his arms around himself as he forced himself to walk along, red scarf whipping in the wind.

It was then Ink noticed Thirteen-Thirteen by his open bag with the mutilated doughnut in the distance. It didn’t take much to put the two facts together.

“That wasn’t even yours.”

Thirteen-Thirteen blinked then smiled at Ink as he jumped up. He began to walk away as if he hadn’t a clue what his brother spoke of but Ink didn’t fall for it. He stepped on Thirteen-Thirteen’s blue scarf which pulled him over backwards.

“You can’t sneak off just because you’re the baby of the family.” Ink kneeled down beside him, “Stop playing stupid. You know what I’m saying.”

Thirteen-Thirteen’s helmet fins drooped down. Why was his brother so smart?

“Go throw it away at least.”

Thirteen-Thirteen nodded and headed off to pick up the abandoned food item.

“And put my stuff back where you found it when you’re done.”

Thirteen-Thirteen sighed, but nodded a second time. He promptly discarded the doughnut—into the sink—and set about putting the stuff back in. Glancing outside, he noticed his siblings were in organized lines while Ink walked down the rows he had arranged them in. Whenever Ink was home, he always took on a role of commanding officer—something he’d either learned from the Federation or their prototype father, Naraku.

That was the name the Federation had given him. A long time ago, before Thirteen-Thirteen himself was created, their father had had a different name. Hailstorm. Zetraloids in the Federation got a new name if they became officers though. At least that’s what his siblings had told him.

Thirteen-Thirteen stuffed the last of Ink’s belongings into the bag before scurrying outside. With his siblings preoccupied he rounded their self designated training grounds and dashed across the mass of open plains. The wind beat against his face as he picked up speed.

Shapeshifters were fast, incredibly fast, especially the long legged Ethontumite locals. Running was a trait practically ingrained in the depths of their brains. He could barely see over the tops of the dry grass and wheat as he ran along. Not only was it tall, he was fairly small, still easily lifted by a human had one desired to.

It wasn’t until many minutes later that he noticed all his siblings had returned to the house, their glowing bodies lining the windows as they peeked out. His gaze drifted in the direction their attention was focused. Four zetraloids had arrived—Federation officers judging by their uniforms. Three of the zetraloids stood silent with their hands at their sides while the fourth—a senior officer dressed in the usual blue uniform—was speaking with Ink.

“I don’t get what’s so important.” Ink shrugged, “And why it can’t wait until tomorrow.”

Thirteen-Thirteen was too far away to hear the other’s reply. He took a few careful steps closer, staying hidden in the grass as he did so.

“A meeting. Some…procedures.”

Ink’s head tilted to one side, face reflecting complete ambiguity.

The officer sighed, bringing one hand to his forehead, “Ink, please make this simple. There are urgent matters to attend to and your presence is needed.”

The other three zetraloids nodded in silent agreement.

“Alright…” Ink crossed his arms and glanced back. “Give me a few minutes.”

Ink whisked off back to the house, covering the distance in easy strides. Thirteen-Thirteen poked his head out above grass level now. He hopped out from amidst his hiding place, closing the distance between himself and the officers. Just as he’d done so, Ink returned.

“Little thief.” He grumbled, “Everything better be in here.” He indicated the bag Thirteen-Thirteen had gone through earlier.

Thirteen-One had come along as well and stood rather impatient. It came as no surprise to Thirteen-Thirteen. Thirteen-One after all, never enjoyed doing anything he himself hadn’t scheduled. Some of the others said he was in a constant battle with Ink for control over the entire family.

“Thirteen-One, you’re in charge.” Ink slung the duffel bag over his shoulder. “Don’t be a jerk to everyone.”

Thirteen-One snorted and rolled his eyes. Ink gave him a shove, forcing him to uncross his arms and regain balance.

“I mean it.” Ink held the other’s gaze for a long moment until he got a more serious nod of compliance from him. “Good.”

“Ink, we really must be going.” One of the three other zetraloids with the officer stated in mild haste.

“Sorry.” He apologized, before turning quickly, “Thirteen-Thirteen.”

Thirteen-Thirteen gazed up at his older brother with curious blue eyes. Ink gave him a quick salute which he attempted to imitate so enthusiastically that he almost threw himself off balance. Afterwards, his brother and the other officers headed the opposite way, back down the trail.

Thirteen-One stood beside him, arms crossed as he watched them go. Despite it only being late morning, the sky had taken on an entirely different appearance than when Thirteen-Thirteen had first awoken. A murky layer of clouds had moved in, dark and gray around their hazy fringes.

“Looks like rain.” Thirteen-One announced, his voice as usual, harsh and dry, “Come on, creep, Ink’ll probably scold me to death if you get sick.”
Back to top Go down
BradHummr
Admin
Admin
BradHummr

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 5:55 am

Chapter two revised! =D As if you didn't know what this comment was in response to. >_> xD

Brad: Re-commenting on chaptah 20. =)

Ah, waking up with an interest in the day. =) Quite nice, right Edge? Shifters shifters. =O xD Why can't they shift into something smaller, the innocence of his thoughts is great. xD Ahhh details on color. =O Interesting. =. Lil Edge. Only four and very small next to his sibs. xD You sure make the place seem busy and rather chaotic. =O ...for Edge anyway. Aww poor Edge, overwhelmed by those around him. =P HEY you said chaotic too. =O Well I guess you got the exact feeling across to the reader (Me. =) ) so much so that I used the same word even. 0.0 Wow the place sounds so busy, climbing over each other? xD Does not sound like fun at all nope. =)

Ah yes, the kitchen. Much more talking and noise here I see. Wow such epic description. =O Easy to imagine, it flows really nicely and gives a great picture. xD Poor Ink. =O So he's not always there and when he is, he needs to be the peacekeeper. xD Wow Ink, impressive. =O Not only did he provide an accurate count (If he knows where Edge is of course. xD) but he knew WHO was missing. =) xDD Digging through the bag and leaving a mess. Perfect way to welcome Ink home. Edge has a nose for sweets. =O APPROVED! xDD That was so perfect. 0.0 Humorous yet making precise lil kid logic. xD No more frosting. =U Awww.

Yeah I see Ink finds it annoying that he needs to watch them. xD Thirteen Ten was tired. D= xD Ink wanted that doughnut. >=U It wasn't yours Edge!! D= Why was he so smart. xD Hmmm I see Ink is firm with them. =. Good for him. Doughnut into the sink. xD Amazing placement there Edgey. Fast lil bugger. =D Nice description of the foliage too. =O And the random fact about a human being able to pick him up, it fits very well and really adds to...I dunno the physics of the story...or something. xD Edge is a spy. >=D HIRED BY CIA.

Oh boy, dumby Fed folks. Very nice wording of how Ink went back inside. =O Easily imaginable and very descriptive, yet simple. Very Happy Me likey. Everything should be there but the doughnut there Mistah Ink. =D Poor Ink. =U Responsibility transfers are not easy. Wow such an innocent goodbye. =. And knowing what you told me about it makes it all the more saddening. Creep. xD Such a nice name for a brother.

That was a very enjoyable chapter. =O Expertly written (AND directed. =) ) with the perfect implementation of zetra info. Yis I knew most of it beforehand but it still blended extremely well. =D Despite there not being super exciting events, I was once again captivated with lil Edge's kidness and the authenticity of it all. =U Thank you for posting!
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 4:20 pm

hey now, you never know when brad has forgotten what he's read =| XDD It is busy and chaotic c: especially for Edge =D His siblings are a bunch of hyper maniacs c: Wow win XDD exact word FTW XDD
Small house + Shapeshifter want+ Many shifter = much climbing on eachother XD cuz Ethontumite shifters ish good clibers =D

yes...clibers lol.

Yes Edge does have a nose for sweets >,> And a disregard for others belongings apparently. Yay for perfectness! XD Yes >,> Edge is very good about 'throwing' the doughnut away. XDD Yay for physics! I say yay a lot.

Thanks about the descripts =) that's what I try for.

innocent indeed |D I am evil aren't I? Yes it is a fantastic name =D XD

Thanks! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:24 am

Chapter Three

The majority of Thirteen-thirteen’s siblings were crashed in a heap, the results of long lengths of partying. Thirteen-One was probably not the best Shapeshifter to leave in charge. Living out in the middle of nowhere they didn’t have many friends, but him and the rest of his siblings had done a sufficient number on the house—enough to make up for an entire crew. Tiny bits of crushed cereal littered the floor and were dotted by various dropped candies and wrappers. It was hard to see them now that it had grown dark, but they were there.

The front door squeaked open with a loud, woody groan. Thirteen-Thirteen’s helmet fins perked up as he headed towards the source. It was quite late to the best of his knowledge—or perhaps early as he had just caught a glimpse of the sunrise out a window. Anyway it left him with a split chance of knowing who was there. He paused about three feet from the door. In the early morning light stood a tall zetraloid. Warm orange outlined the trim of his standard blue officer uniform. He glanced around the house, missing Thirteen-Thirteen in his entirety.

It was no great surprise considering the zetraloid stretched well over eight feet with ease. His helmet fins were jet black, contrasted by a lighter gray base and his eyes could scarcely be deemed blue, having only the faintest touch of color. Unlike the rest of the family, their father prototype, Naraku, chose to keep a different form than his default ‘Shifter appearance. He had made mention before that it allowed him to blend in amidst normal zetraloids.

“Dad!” Thirteen-Thirteen pounced on the zetraloid’s leg.

Naraku’s gaze rested on him for a moment as he set down a few various supplies. Waking the others was no large concern of his; by the looks of things they had partied plenty well to keep asleep through most anything. He scooped Thirteen-Thirteen up, tossing him into the air and catching him again. Thirteen-Thirteen laughed then snuggled up against his father’s uniform. It had the usual scent of cardboard lingering on it; Thirteen-Thirteen guessed that was because he worked in a room with tons of boxes all day. Transportation Corps. They managed packages coming into Ethontum from other countries.

Naraku weaved a path around the various sprawled out forms glowing here or there until he’d worked his way down the hall to the very last room. It was fairly plain and empty with only a bed and a set of oak dressers coated in a dark finish that always seemed to cast a dark glaze on the room. Flicking on the light, he approached his bed and dropped Thirteen-Thirteen there before walking over to his closet and grabbing a hanger.

Thirteen-Thirteen laughed as he bounced once then rolled. While his father was preoccupied hanging up his uniform jacket, he shoved himself behind the thin set of pillows to hide. He didn’t suspect his father would be able to find him in such a great hiding spot.

Naraku glanced in that general direction, a frown of fake confusion upon his face.

“Hmm…I wonder where he could’ve gone.” With a half hearted attempt of appearing serious he surveyed the room, intentionally overlooking the glowing blue give away of his son’s presence.

Thirteen-Thirteen laughed and wiggled behind his pillow cover. He waited a moment longer before bursting out from hiding.

“Surprise!”

Naraku’s dull stare hardly livened, only the slight opening of his eyes gave any indication he had noticed. “Good thing you came out. I’d have never found you.”

Thirteen-Thirteen bounced in triumph as his father sat on the bed watching. A few moments later, he stopped and snuggled up beside him with a smile. His eyes brightened when his father glanced down at him. It was only brief.

Thirteen-Thirteen’s head and helmet fins alike flopped to one side subtly, even at his young age he was already beginning to experience the second most commonly known Shapeshifter trait—Emotion Detection. Humans had attempted to explain the phenomenon many times over, often settling for it being an electromagnetic output detectable as inconsistencies that manifested themselves as simulated sensory details for a Shapeshifter.

To most, his father’s expression could have been seen as indifference. A long, drawn out stare that gave no suggestion of the thoughts behind it. Just a plain, dull stare—but it wasn’t that at all. Sadness? Regret? Something hollow, although lined with prickly spikes of contradiction.

“You should be in bed.” Naraku attuned his gaze to make eye contact, “Get a move on. No little zetraloid should be up at this hour.”

“But I’m a mint-o-lary zetraloid!” Thirteen-Thirteen had already pushed the inconsistency far from mind.

Naraku shook his head and stood, waiting as Thirteen-Thirteen hopped off the bed to follow. With a sigh, he led the way down the dark hall.

“It’s military—and you aren’t one.”

They had reached Thirteen-Thirteen’s room now. Thirteen-Thirteen scurried along inside and flung himself onto his bed, waiting for his less enthusiastic father to catch up. He did, although at no quicker pace.

“Even if you were you’d be asleep.”

Thirteen-Thirteen smiled at the fact his father was still on the topic of the military. He pulled back the covers before burrowing himself inside and covering himself back up as his father finally reached the side.

“Get some sleep.”

Thirteen-Thirteen nodded, head barely visible above his blankets as he watched his father fade from the sight set in place by his glow.

“Night, dad.” He whispered then yawned.

The wind outside rattled his window. The faint blue glow of a lava lamp swirled in blob forms within the casing. A clock ticked elsewhere. The subtle comforts of home. He snuggled deeper into his warmth pocket, secure and protected.
Back to top Go down
BradHummr
Admin
Admin
BradHummr

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Yaaay chapter three revise. =)

xD Piled in a heap. I can imagine that! Are they sleeping or just....tired and resting or something? xD I dunno. Ha ha ha. xD Mess has been made. =) Thirteen One is gonna be in trooooouble. =. Someone is there. =O So Edge goes to investigate, 1301 where are you when there is potential danger? @_@

OH NO IT'S NARAKU. D= IT IS DANGER. @_@ xDD Pounced on his leg. =. I think that would surprise me especially if I had missed Edge on my initial scan of the room. Then suddenly WHAMO. =. Aw....tossing and catching him. =U Naraku cares here. Dressers and casting a dark glaze. =O I like that, very cool. =P Dropping him on the bed. xD Naraku is very silent. 0.0

Noooo that's not fair. xD Why do you go and make Naraku so likeable and stuff when I know the future of their relationship? X_X It makes it very sad I tells ya. =U No I don't wish you hadn't told me though, it adds to the um...emotional aspect quite severely. =P Ha ha. xD Naraku's tiny emotions amuse me. THERE IS THAT FANCY SENTENCE. =O The one describing the detecting of emotions. =P Niiice I forgot about that. xD Hmmmm Mr. Naraku is confusing the lil Edge. =U I know why, and that would also explain why Naraku is so expressionless. Hmmm darn. Stuff happens so soon. X_X As soon as things are going great. D=

Mintolary. xDD Epic. Lil Edge getting sent to bed....but not without a fight. >=. I can totally imagine little Edge's movements and enthusiasm and stuff. You good describer you. Wow. =U You ended that like perfectly, descibing all the small details of being in a room by yourself and stuff, and he is secure. =U I must say you do a great job getting the reader to experience the feelings you want them to. xD Probably why I love your stories so much. =. Anyway thank you for creating, writing, typing, doing epic stuff and then posting so someone like me was given the chance to enjoy your work. =)
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 4:59 pm

The world may never know if the shifters are asleep or resting o3o cept...cept...I think you do D: XD 1301 is probably at the bottom of the pile. |D

Yes Narakus are very dangerous. Yes it would surprise the average being, just not if you're a Naraku in which case your emotions are severly dampened for reasons unknown =D
At least he sort of announced his attack pounce >,>
Yes Naraku does! C: You like the dresser thing? XD Cool. I tossed that in on one of my last scan overs, deciding it needed a tad bit of atmosphere.

Yes Naraku is XDDDD

Hmm why do I make Naraku likeable....because I'm Mega10 =D Haha of course. I am apparently good at making things emotional |D Tiny emotions XD I wonder what he'd say if someone told him that, "Sir, you have tiny emotions" =| XD

Yes there it is =D
Yes Brad does. You and your inside info c: I am glad I have describe it well enough for you to be able to imagine it XD

Whoohoo! Bonus points for ending! It always takes time to decide how to end stuff.

welllcome! Thanks for reading and commenting so epically Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:58 am

Chapter Four

Thirteen-Thirteen snuck out the door after his father. All the noise from within the house had easily masked his escape. Ever since the rest of his siblings had awoke this morning they had been cleaning the mess from the previous night—not by choice. Either way the chatter was consistent enough to disguise him.

Naraku was standing with his back to the house, staring off in the distance. The sun had already risen; cool of the morning fading swiftly. It made the ground and dry wheat stalks seem even more old and dead than normal. Golden Wheat Valley was certainly a creative stretch for such a dull place.

Thirteen-Thirteen stopped abruptly, arms flailing as he struggled to regain his balance. He wasn’t sure what his dad was waiting for out here yet, but he was determined to be a part of it. Until then he’d have to keep quiet or risk being ordered away. He crept out of the tall stalks surrounding the house. His dad certainly seemed moody today. There was hardly a reason for it as far as Thirteen-Thirteen was concerned. He didn’t have to clean anything up—the others were doing it. He couldn’t be worried about the boxes back at work could he? That seemed like a dumb thing to care about.

Thirteen-Thirteen inched along in silence until a twig snapped. His helmet fins drooped down as he glanced up at his father. The zetraloid gave him a quick glance before gazing forward again. He stared out at an almost upward angle, eyes narrowing then looked back a second time with visible question. The interest faded though, returning to the dull stare he’d had moments before.

“Get back inside, Thirteen.” Naraku’s bleak stare was set forward again.

“You look tired.” Thirteen-Thirteen replied off topic entirely, “Are you going to work? Can I come?”

A casual breeze blew by, rustling the wheat stems.

“I said get back inside.” Naraku repeated with the same level tone.

Thirteen-Thirteen smiled, ignoring the order entirely.

His father didn’t have the chance to order him back any longer anyway. Thirteen-Thirteen hadn’t noticed before, but now he could see and hear them. Other officers. Two additional ones to be precise; both wearing blue uniforms like his father. He waited patiently for their arrival, a huge smile across his face; his father looked far less enthusiastic about it, possibly annoyed.

Thirteen-Thirteen glanced up at his dad—hm, yeah he’d probably be in trouble later.

“Morning, Naraku.” One of the two called.

“Morning occifers!”

The officer blinked as Naraku sighed and proceeded to shoot Thirteen-Thirteen another glare.

“In. Now!”

Thirteen-Thirteen frowned and fidgeted.

“Oh, it’s fine.” The officer interrupted before the conversation dragged on any longer, “He’s not hurting anything.”

“Yet.” Naraku muttered.

“I won’t cause trouble!” Thirteen-Thirteen insisted.

The officer smiled and looked to Naraku likewise.

He rolled his eyes with an exaggerated tilt of his head. “Fine.”

Thirteen-Thirteen bounced up then ran a circle around the two before tripping over his father’s foot. He gazed up at him, but it didn’t seem he had noticed so the young Shapeshifter shrugged and picked himself up, following after the two as they had begun to walk.

The officers spoke mild pleasantries. Happenings in the city beyond the countryside. Policy updates within the Federation. The current blow out between the Federation president and his advisory board. Thirteen-Thirteen’s father kept quiet—hardly indicating if he were listening at all.

Before long they had walked beyond the wheat fields. It was further than where Thirteen-Thirteen was typically allowed to go alone, but that settled fine with him. Eventually they arrived at their meeting place in what was considered to be the community park. It was different than what most people were used to. No green grass or bright, leafy trees. Golden Wheat Valley’s park rested on the subtle slopes of a water parched hill. The ground, cracked and dry, was sprinkled by lines of large black ants. Additional officers had clustered around a pair of weather-worn, wooden picnic tables.

Some sat exchanging stories they found to be humorous while others snacked on pretzels and listened in. A mix of both junior and senior officers rose from the table when the other group approached. Thirteen-Thirteen worked his way around them and back towards their unguarded treats.

“Officer Naraku, glad you could join us.”

“Is it even an option not to?”

The others quieted down, smiles faltering a bit. An unease rippled through the group as some gazes suddenly began to wander. Thirteen-Thirteen shoveled another scoop of pretzels in his mouth.

One of the other senior officers crossed his arms and planted his feet more squarely on the ground. “Well no…” Hesitation, “Shall we carry on?”

“That’s why I came.”

The officers began filling in around the tables again. As the one who had just spoken to Naraku sat down, he rested his hand on the shoulder of a smaller junior officer. The zetraloid’s head turned towards him.

“Vye, why don’t you take Thirteen-Thirteen and keep him amused, hm?”

Vye looked utterly disappointed at the suggestion. He didn’t move right away, rather glancing at all the others. A frown, then a nod. He stood.

“Come on, Thirteen.”

Thirteen-Thirteen bounced along after him without question. They walked a short distance further down the hill until the others sounded like an inaudible jumble. Vye plopped himself down on the ground and stared. Thirteen-Thirteen tilted his head to the side. This was his idea of fun? The staring continued.

Well he guessed he’d have to show the officer how to play right. Thirteen-Thirteen smiled before poking him with one finger and then running away. The officer didn’t budge. He tried it again. Same response. He plopped himself down in front of Vye.

“You’re not doing it right.”

“Not doing what right?”

“Taaaaag.”

“I’m not playing tag.” Vye replied quite abruptly.

Thirteen-Thirteen frowned and shied away a tad, head tilted down as he stared at the ground beneath him.

Vye stared at him again for a few moments and then looked to the side. “Buuut….we could play Simon Says!”

“Who’s Simon?”

“What? It’s a game of course. That’s just the name.”

Thirteen-Thirteen looked skeptical, “Why’d you steal Simon’s game?”

The officer crossed his arms, “I didn’t. That’s the name, I said. You just copy what I do.”

“I don’t want to steal. I got in trouble for that.”

Vye rubbed his forehead and shook his head, “No. It’s…it’s my game.”

“I thought it was Simon’s.”

Vye grumbled, momentarily glaring at the other officers in the distance. “I’m Simon.”

Thirteen-Thirteen’s eyes widened, “I thought you were Vye.”

The officer slapped his own forehead, dragging his hand down along it, “Simon Vye. That’s my name.”

“Oh.” Thirteen-Thirteen’s helmet fins twitched happily, “Okay! Let’s play your game!”

That was all it took? Simpler than he had perceived. Vye shrugged, trying to regain a decent fill of patience.

“Alright, just follow what I do. You can do that, right?”

Thirteen-Thirteen nodded and watched attentively. Of course he could do whatever Vye was going to. He was a Shapeshifter after all. A good portion of what they did on a regular basis revolved around being able to mimic others.

Vye started off simple, having him copy hand motions and phrases. It was easy, a bit too easy really. Thirteen-Thirteen’s gaze drifted off to the dusty fields in the distance behind Vye. It’d be a nice place to run. His helmet fins perked up at a mild snap. He glanced back at Vye with a smile.

The officer shook his head and rolled his eyes yet again. “Kids.” He grumbled. He pushed himself up, dusting off his uniform in the process.

Thirteen-Thirteen followed the example, although he didn’t have a real uniform to brush.

Vye’s helmet fins perked up, mouth slanting into a subtle grin. “You’re a Federation zetra, right?”

Thirteen-Thirteen’s helmet fins perked up likewise. Finally! Someone who could tell. He puffed out his chest as best he could while nodding.

“Fantastic.” Vye clasped his hands in front of himself, “I’ll show you a few things then.”

Without informing Thirteen-Thirteen of what he was doing, he began walking the other way. Thirteen-Thirteen tilted his head to the side after a moment. His bright blue eyes dimmed.

“You follow at my side, match me pace for pace.” Vye informed as he turned on one heel, “It’s called a synchronized march.”

Thirteen-Thirteen hurried to catch up to the other, taking care to match his steps the best he could. Synchronized march! He could do that. He grabbed a stick as they walked to mimic a weapon like Vye had. For every step the larger zetraloid took, he had to take two. They marched back and forth a few times before Vye came to a complete and sudden halt. Thirteen-Thirteen faltered forward a few paces but was quick to recover and resumed his spot beside the officer.

Vye chuckled and shook his head. It wasn’t often he was assigned to babysitting. It was actually a lot less stressful than a good heap of his tasks. Maybe he should appreciate it more. He blinked away his thoughts, returning to the little ’Shifter gazing so intensely at him.

After the meeting, the other officers came over to join Vye and Thirteen-Thirteen. The latter bounded away back to his father.

“Dad! Dad! Look what Vye taught me!” Without waiting, he began to demonstrate.

His enthusiasm faded when he noticed how downcast and grumpy his father appeared. Thirteen-Thirteen didn’t put much thought into it though considering he’d just been in a boring meeting.

The officers exchanged another set of farewells, salutes and the usual customs. Thirteen-Thirteen did his best to follow along and waved at the departing zetraloids. His father stood watching for a few minutes longer, hands behind his back.

A gentle breeze had picked up, blowing from behind. Dried wheat stems rustled in the nearby fields.

“Come on.”

Thirteen-Thirteen followed his father back down the familiar paths they had taken. Thirteen-Thirteen gazed up at him with a smile as they walked, blinking against the harsh sun.

He quickened his pace again to match his dad’s. Always in a hurry—must’ve been customary for the Federation. They slowed to a complete stop not too far from the house. Thirteen-Seven and Thirteen-Eight were standing on a couple rocks, pretending their singing was something to be valued. The two usually hung out together, ping-ponging off of what the other would state. Absolute jokesters—Thirteen-Thirteen couldn’t think of a time he’d ever seen them be serious.

Thirteen-Nine was standing between Thirteen-Ten and Thirteen-Twelve, trying to break up an argument. If he were hearing correctly, it was over a statement of who was faster. There were much easier ways to solve that. The majority of the others were engaged in competitive tackle-tag. It was a family favorite. Thirteen-Two was acting as the referee. He was the most reserved out of them all, to the point they teased that he was adopted. The fact he was albino by Shapeshifter standards really didn’t help his case much.

Thirteen-Thirteen dragged his attention back to what was in front of him. Thirteen-One. He had huddled himself up on a jagged rock, casting loathsome glares at his siblings. When he noticed their father’s return his glare turned pointedly towards him. He stood and met them halfway. The constantly changing blues and sea greens of his armor altered course.

“What’s up?”

Naraku didn’t answer with anything more than an icy stare. With a shake of his head he disappeared into the house, shutting the door behind him. Thirteen-Thirteen frowned and followed behind Thirteen-One as he pursued.

Dad!” Thirteen-One called.

Thirteen-Thirteen’s helmet fins pricked up as he listened. Footsteps sounded from down the hall. He took a few steps in that direction before Naraku appeared, stepping along at a rapid pace. His uniform jacket was now slung over one shoulder so that only the black shirt he wore underneath showed.

“What are you doing?”

“Leaving.”

Thirteen-One shut his mouth in a tight lipped smile. He shook his head and watched as Naraku headed to the kitchen to scrounge together the pitiful odds and ends of cereal and crackers that were left over.

“Make sure everyone eats.” Naraku’s arm nearly whisked a portion of the leftovers off, but he batted it back stiffly with his other arm. A good remnant still scattered across the counter.

“What’s wron—”

“I said make sure everyone eats.” Naraku was in front of them now, gazing fiercely with his ice shard eyes.

“I will.” Thirteen-One stated after brief hesitance, “But can’t you tell me what’s wrong?”

“If I wanted you to know, don’t you think I’d have told you?” Naraku snapped back.

Thirteen-One flinched, helmet fins drooping. Naraku paid no attention to him, twisting the door handle.

“Dad?” Thirteen-Thirteen’s voice was higher pitched and toned with question.

Naraku glanced back quickly, “What?”

Thirteen-Thirteen’s helmet fins perked up as a smile spread across his face, “Love you!”

The corner of Naraku’s mouth twitched subtly before he turned away and opened the door, “Bye.”
Back to top Go down
BradHummr
Admin
Admin
BradHummr

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 am

Chapter 4! =D

Ohhh we have an Edge sneaking I see. =. Or 1313....or Endgamin. ANYWAY. Wasn't expecting that I say. =P What are you doing leetle Edge? At least he knows when is a good time to sneak out. xD AHA and here I finally get to see that wonderful sentence you graced my mind with some time ago, it fits very well. Very Happy Arms flailing as he tried to regain his balance! Edge is the boss.

=U Ah the wondering and wandering mind of a young Edge. What troubles his parental unit F? Boxes....if only he knew how wrong he was. X_X Unless I am presuming wrong. Spotted?! Come on Edge you're supposed to be a master of disguise and stealth and all other things espionage related. A command to flee? NEVER. I sense Edge is not so easily sent away. HA, he is ignoring. xD Good job Edge, that's the Edge I know. Smiley is excited to greet more officers. xD YAY he said it the drunk way! Occifers. Very Happy Thanks for that smile Edge. I sure say Edge a lot. o.0 Time to switch to 1313. Not causing trouble yet, I see Naraku has great faith in his son.

Other officers help convince Naraku not to say no all the time. =D Or at least this once. Ha ha, running circles around them. xD I can picture that and it is rather hilarious. Naraku is either seriously absorbing the info around him or being a jerk. =U Such a fine line. Hmmm always fun exploring new areas with the people who would scold you for it being righ there. (Or worse than scold, beat, kill ect.) What a lovely park. =U At least no dog poo can hide in the grass for them to find when they get back in the minivan.

Ha ha, Edge heads for the food. xD Dunno why I am surprised. Naraku trolls everyone with his answer, spreading intense tension throughout the universe. Poor junior officer. xD Being the babysitter while they discuss the kid's death no doubt. Come on Vye don't be boring. D= Amuse the 1313. HA HA Edge doesn't want to steal. Very Happy Clever, a real thinker's joke.

Edge: But Brad you...understood it. o.0

>_> Quiet Edge. It was a clever joke alright? Ha ha, Vye takes to lying to appease the Edge. xD Vye you better not be being a jerk right now. =U That was pretty suspicious! Poor Edge. =P Eager to impress and his Dad is a jerk. At least Vye wasn't a jerk like it seemed like he was going to be. =. Polite Edge. =. Naraku never acknowledges those kidly smiles. =U VENG acknowledges Dizzy's...sometimes....get with the program Naraku. =U The average is 67% of smiles go unnoticed not 101%. >=U

Pretending their singing was something to be valued!! Ha ha. xD So harsh yet so funny. Very Happy Poor adopted zetra. xD 1301 does not even get answers from the sir Naraku. .0. I pity Naraku's situation, knowing they will surely be melted, yet trying to care and do what's right (aka they need food)....I can't imagine what sort of war his mind is at with itself right now. NOOOO how sad. D= Love you. =U What kind words from a son. Should have said it back Naraku. X_X I don't care how mad you are, you never know when you will never see the lil guy again. =U MASTER OF EMOTIONS YOU ARE.

I can see why it takes so long to perfect this chapter. =U This is not a flaw mind you, but lack of action. =P How to keep the reader interested with non action stuff? Well I don't know either, but you sure seem to know. Once again I am perfectly entertained by how fleshed out and unique your characters are and the way you describe them in truly authentic ways. Not to mention your flow is like I'm riding a boat down story river. =U....AKA fantastic. And your use of words is unmatched and I am serious about that. xD It isn't a simple comment complimenting your skill of word use, I seriously have never read work that uses such perfect wording for every emotion, situation and location. It really is a joy to read and I appreciate all the time and effort you put into making this chapter more than an idea in your head, allowing others to experience what was once hidden from dems. Thank you oh so much for posting it! Had a blast like always, my enjoyment growing with each chapter, giving me more time with...everything. xD You do a great job Miss Mega10.
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:12 am

YES Edge is a boss from a young age =U I dun remember gracing you with a sentence but YAY

XDD Nope, I'm pretty sure it was still boxes Naraku was worried about c: XDD Kidding. Bad Brad encouraging Edge's not listening behavior =U XDD Yes sir, the drunk way |D XDD Yes clearly Naraku does. Oh and master of disguise fail yes.

Hmm lets see, based off of Naraku's past, I BET IT'S THE SECOND ONE C: XD
HAHAHAHA yes clearly that is fun =U There's a positive outlook =U XDD
XDDD Naraku likes to troll apparently =U XD Naraku: *is man at the mall*

I NEVER KNEW O_O

Vye dun wanna be babysitter. Vye no like. Vye want better job =U Har har XDD Vye indeed wasn't a jerk after all =U ......he had to leave that to trollololol-naraku. That's cuz Naraku's too busy trollolololing and ruining peoples lives to acknowledge smiles. 101 XDDD

C| Gotta love my AMAZING sense of humor. Ahem. I TELL YOU NARAKU BE TROLLOLOLing.
AKA they need food XDD Yes they need food even if he must state it epic DEMANDINGLY. YOU MAKE SURE PEOPLE EAT. I TROLLOLOLING HERE =| XDD

C| YESSSS Naraku should've said it back D: Meanie. EMOTIONS YAY/

that's because I'm a boss too C| therefore I can do these things.

*imagines tiny boat being tossed violently in ocean =U *

Thank you thank you c: I do appreciate your comments. And I am impressed that you are impressed =U for I would not expect it. But nevertheless that is good =D
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 7:34 am

Chapter Five Revision

Thirteen-Thirteen rested against Thirteen-Ten’s stomach as the two lay sprawled out on the floor. They were watching TV in Thirteen-Ten’s room—late at night as was usual. Thirteen-Thirteen should’ve been asleep and in fact, Thirteen-Nine, his only sister, thought he was, but what she didn’t know wouldn’t hurt her.

Thirteen-Thirteen flinched at the content on TV. Thirteen-Ten insisted these were the best and coolest of movies. They usually had a lot of swearing and blood or plasma depending on if it was a human or a zetraloid. Ultimately they didn’t strike Thirteen-Thirteen as cool—he’d have preferred a cartoon, like the one about bunnies and cows he’d seen earlier. But this was the cool thing to do.

Thirteen-Ten’s orange glow saturated the room in a rich, dark, flickering hue. Thirteen-Thirteen yawned, watching as the credits began to roll. The end was welcomed in one sense but in another...it most likely meant bed time…and that meant being alone.

Thirteen-Ten turned the TV off and sauntered to his bed with a yawn. “Night, Thirteen.”

Thirteen-Thirteen frowned, blue eyes aglow in the darkness. Thirteen-Ten clearly had no intention of even offering to let him sleep in here. Sighing he headed out of the room, down the dark hall. His other siblings were behind closed doors for the night, leaving the house to feel empty, dark and cold—the heater hadn’t been working today which didn’t help. Despite it having been warm just the day before, it had grown colder as morning had approached. A storm was yet again on its way.

Subtle sounds always seemed to amplify at night—like the gentle patter of rain against their roof and the splatter of it running off the sides. Thirteen-Thirteen listened to his own footsteps on the wood; each step triggering another creak it seemed. At last he reached his room; the rain had increased and now was drowning out sound coming from anywhere else. Flash storms. That’s what they usually called them.

He shivered as he scurried to his bed and covered his head. A few minutes passed by before he dared to peek out. A sheet of lightening lit up his window, basking his room in white light. Storms were normal, but right now they seemed needlessly existent. Couldn’t they come on a night when he wasn’t all alone?

He pulled himself out of his covers and over to his window, watching as the rain streamed down it. His helmet fins twitched as another lightening flash lit up the sky. Zetraloids! He gasped and retreated from the window. Several zetraloids had been visible, holding lights of some sort.

Panicked, he darted out and headed for the laundry room, taking cover beneath an old rug that was bundled in a basket. He fell silent, listening carefully for any sound. The continuous rain pattered against the roof, mixed with occasional thunder. Everything else was eerily quiet.

What seemed like hours continued to drag on. Their dad sure had chosen a bad time to leave. Thirteen-Thirteen tried his best not to move, but then he heard a knock on the front door. He pulled his head beneath the rug again. Another knock. Was no one else hearing this? Would the person come in? Several more knocks. Thirteen-Thirteen grabbed the trim of the rug in his small fist and held it tight as he waited. At last he heard a subtle clang and an opening door—the front door. He didn’t dare breathe as he heard the quiet exchange of voices in the other room and footsteps of many zetraloids.

“Shifties?”

That sounded out of place for a horror scene to unfold, but he still refused to move. Nothing good could result from leaving…

“Thirteen-One? Two? Three?”

“You plan on naming them all off?”

The others chuckled a bit. Then Thirteen-Thirteen heard other doors opening; judging by sound, about four. His guess was confirmed by the glowing forms of his siblings. They hesitated at first, sleep showing in their drooped stances as they made their way past the door. Their tired bodies mostly dragged along in sleepy swoops.

“Ah, there you guys are.”

The rest of his siblings were emerging as well, lights flicking on in the main room as he heard various numbers being called out. No one sounded alarmed. Curiously he slinked from his hiding spot and peeked out from the doorframe.

“Sorry for the late night wake up call, guys.” Upon seeing that Thirteen-Nine had joined the others, the zetraloid corrected himself, “And gal.”

Federation zetraloids Thirteen-Thirteen noticed.

“Turns out we need all of you at the Federation though. Short notice, I know.”

The Shapeshifters exchanged confused glances with each other as they huddled together in a rainbow of colors.

“What do we bring..?” Thirteen-Two asked; his red eyes making him look almost sickly next to his pale face and tired demeanor.

“Nothing.” One of the other officers, his uniform and jacket alike soaked by rain, stated. “Everything you’ll need will be supplied.”

They began checking to make sure everyone was there, calling off and confirming numbers on a sheet of paper.

“Where’s the little one?”

“Thirteen-Thirteen?” Thirteen-Nine asked. “He’s….”

Thirteen-Thirteen had emerged from the laundry room. The light hurt his eyes now that they had adjusted to darkness, but he made his way over with slight caution.

“Hi, Thirteen-Thirteen.” One of the officers stated as he kneeled down, “…You are Thirteen-Thirteen, right?”

Thirteen-Thirteen gazed in silence at the officer kneeling before him. No, he didn’t seem like a bad zetraloid from a horror film. He nodded and the officer had another confirm it on his sheet of paper.

“Alright everyone, let’s get a move on then.”

All officers in the room exchanged glances. They looked tired as far as Thirteen-Thirteen was concerned, and drenched like wet rats. They must have been outside for awhile. The lead officer pressed two fingers against his transmitter and nodded his head once. He must have been in a transmitter conversation with another elsewhere. He motioned to the others and the officer beside Thirteen-Thirteen grasped his hand. Behind him, the rest of his siblings had assembled in a line with the officers flanking the outsides.

The lead officer pushed the front door open. It slammed back against the house with a rattle. The winds wailed and groaned with sorrowful howling and the rain pelted against their armor before they’d even stepped out.

The lead officer used his head to motion to the others, “Let’s go.”
Back to top Go down
BradHummr
Admin
Admin
BradHummr

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Oh boy! Chaaaapter Five Revision. =P This here comment is long overdue. >_< Like...three whole days. D= Maybe four. 0.0 Oh and nice avatar BTW! =D Did you draw that just for your avatar or crop it from another pic? It's familiar but...not. Hmm confusion. LET US...begin. =D

Ha ha! What a great way to start a chapter...some disobeying! Thirteen Ten is an enabler. 0.0 Shame shame. Aw Edge is being influenced badly. =. Reminds me of my odd obsession of teaching Edge to swear. >_> xD Cows and bunnies. =U Well way to make him seem innocent. =. Nice glow detail description. =D Adds to the atmosphere it does. Aww poor frowny. xD Movie end is bittersweet.

Edge going to his room scene was fantastic! How it goes from his thoughts to describing the weather and therefore overall ambience of the setting is very engaging. =. Like a very flawless transition to different things, so smooth that the reader (That's me. =D ) is like: =. Wait...I didn't even realize I was being involved until it was too late. =O

Not that that's a bad thing. xD Just a fine example of skill it was.

Edge do you like hearing it rain while you're in a nice warm bed? Or at least safe under the covers? Poor Edge and those mean old storms. >=.

Storm the Shiftah: =( I am not old.

>_> Ahem.

0.0 NOT ZETRAS. That's actually really creepy. xD Going to your window to watch the rain and seeing zetras. ._. Hiding in the laundry room. =. At least they won't suspect that right away. =P I can imagine being in there, having seen...CREATURES outside and the dumb rain is drowning out their stealthy entry. >=. Very cool how you're got this set up. xD Oh a knock. =. And more knocks, I guess no stealthy entry. xD NOOOO stop rounding up his brothers and sisters!!! EDGE STAY HIDDEN OR KILL THE KIDNAPPERS. @_@ =U Lists and stuff, making it very official you JERKS. So unfair catching them off guard and lying...I know, how else will they do their dirty deed right? But still!

EDGE I SAID NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! D= Officer with his fake kindness. @_@ His conscience finds nothing wrong with tricking a young boy into going with to be melted? Famous last words. =U Lets go. Gosh. =. I am mad at them. >=U That is so unfair. I really like how you described that without really giving any hints as to what might happen. =O Had I not already known I would be clueless at this point. =P

Very well written and a blast to read. Very Happy Thank you very much for posting! Keeps me happy and horrified at the same time. =D xD
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 11:15 pm

I just cropped Writhe's profile pic =P
But thank you =D

An enabler hahahahaha XDD yes he is =U *edge at present day* *is seen sitting in house watching cows and bunnies =U *
Poor frowny XDD descript win,.

Why thank you c: this is the chapter I actually didn't have to change much of c: but I think I did like how it transitioned. Until it was too late XDD haha. Brad got taken too apparently =c XD

Edge r afraid of storms after unkind movies apparently. yes it would be creepy to see zetras outside window c: ...........esepcially in our world since they're not real D: XDD

Haha not stealthy entry indeed. Edge did not read Brad's warning sorry =U Yes, them Federation guys be liars |D ......to some extent.

Fed officer: *thinks about conscience* Hmmm NOPE =O

glad you liked =D and glad I succeeded in doing what I was intending to do! C:

Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Chapter Six Revised:

Even at this late hour, Federation guards stood unmoving in the rain, weapons held at their sides and gazes set forward. A haze-like onslaught of rain was illuminated by the lighting of the massive gate they stood before. Beyond their post, the Federation grounds were mostly dark with only a few distant lights pointed skyward, swiveling into view on occasion through black storm clouds.

The officer beside Thirteen-Thirteen grumbled to himself when he stepped in a puddle forming in a dip of the asphalt road. The gates parted for them soon enough and they continued along their way. Small red lights raced along the sides of the road, passing them by and then cycling through again. The road itself branched off further than Thirteen-Thirteen could see even with the aid of the lighting.

His father had told him there were several buildings here, but all he could see at the moment was the one directly in the center. Although the lighting was dim in the higher levels, the lower were bright as day. What he presumed to be the top was lined in two solid strands of red, tubular lighting.

He shook cold drops off his face as they entered. The drum of rain vanished, replaced rather by the quietest whisper of cool air being blown through vents. No one was there to greet them, although the officers didn’t seem to have expected any different.

Rearranging into smaller groups, they waited for the elevator and took a few separate trips down to the underground levels, forming back into one cluster once everyone had made it. The officers said nothing as they guided the way through a long, straight hall. On occasion, the head officer would turn to look down the connecting halls—all of which were empty as far as Thirteen-Thirteen could tell. Their lights would gradually grow more sparse until the end was unclear, lost in a trench of darkness.

“There will be lots of other Shapeshifters you’ve never met before.” One announced as they finally branched off from the main hall.

The new hall was by far narrower and had a lot of boxy turns to it. Every once and awhile an office would catch his attention to the sides, some with darkened windows and others lacking any such feature entirely.

Thirteen-Thirteen’s siblings were still complaining about being thoroughly drenched, not that he blamed them. It was one of the downfalls of wearing any kind of fabric material; rain didn’t run off as quickly as it did for armor. He shook his head again, flinging the remaining droplets.

“Don’t mind any current moods.”

“Why?” Thirteen-Twelve asked.

No one answered. Thirteen-Twelve frowned briefly but was distracted soon enough by zetraloids walking the opposite way—the first they had seen since entering this building. The two watched the Shapeshifter family with a rather pronounced, drawn out stare as they passed. Eventually their conversation resumed.

Thirteen-Thirteen gazed in disinterest at the new set of similar halls. They had taken several turns and twists here and there along the way. How the officers knew where they were going was beyond him. They all looked the same. The only possible difference these held was that they had a few pictures scattered along their walls. Thirteen-Thirteen observed them more carefully, they looked fairly outdated—maybe images of what the Federation had looked like before the renovation.

His helmet fins perked up as voices echoed from down the hall. A few zetraloids crossed paths with them and proceeded down the hall on the opposite side. As they walked, they would occasionally come across another small clump. Most seemed preoccupied, but he noticed a few stopped to talk amongst themselves, casting almost wary glances in his family’s direction. For the first time in his life he felt oddly self conscious under their scrutinizing gazes. He gradually let himself fall in pace beside his sister. At least here he could hide from the sight of the others passing by.

After what Thirteen-Thirteen was certain had been forever, they stopped in front of a door. It still had a glossy shimmer to it that suggested it was a recent installation. The lead officer punched in a series of codes and swiped a card. The door beeped and opened with an electric buzz. The other officers hurried his family along and the door shut behind them again. Once more they made their way down another flight of stairs and through a hall with only small signs of warning and policy reminders.

At last they reached another door. It had a lot more knicks and dents on its surface layer, although Thirteen-Thirteen couldn’t tell if they were recent or not. The door itself looked much like the one they’d just come through. He hadn’t been able to tell from the outside before, but the other had been at least a foot or so thick. If this was the same then they must have had something really important beyond them.

The officers regrouped into a new formation, creating a tight circle around his family. The lead officer sighed as he reached for the handle and once again typed, tapped and slid the card. The door buzzed just like the other had and creaked open with a slow and drawn out groan. Cool air clawed its way around the slow moving door and swept around the waiting zetraloids.

Thirteen-Thirteen’s helmet fins drooped. A rush of sudden noise. Voices. Tons of voices. More than he’d ever heard at once. So many different emotions bouncing and colliding. Disoriented, he bumped into one of his brothers before scurrying back the other way. They seemed just as confused as he was, but the officers kept them moving forward without a word. Couldn’t they feel the disrupted waves?

Thirteen-Thirteen struggled to reign his senses back in. Too much! He stopped where he was, shutting his eyes. His various siblings bumped into him and blundered around him as they continued along. He was aware of a deep cold and the crackle of electricity. It was almost instantly drown out by the crashing waves of emotion. His breath caught in his throat. The hollow depths of contorting fears, the choking weight of panic. He was spiraling into a pit of absolute darkness, nothing to grab, no way to get out, disappearing forever in a frigid clasp.

He gasped as his eyes shot open again. He was…moving? Thankful for the break in his psychological connection to the others he tried glancing over his shoulder. One of the officers had picked him up and now had his arm wrapped around his middle, carrying him to his side.

Doing his best to keep his mind from falling back into the stormy seas of emotion Thirteen-Thirteen tried focusing on his surroundings. The room itself had only one light lining somewhere overhead, but the room was aglow in color. Shapeshifters! Tons of them. They were all behind a wall of blue electricity that covered the front of some type of holding room.

Half of his siblings and a few officers paused where they were while the group he was with proceeded on further. He tried glancing back to see if they were okay but doing so proved impossible in the current circumstances.

Warily he looked to the side as they walked. Shapeshifters paced by the fronts of their cells, crying and shouting. Others, utterly silent, sat close to the back walls, eyes trained on the floor beneath them like some kind of immobile zombie. The officers gave no indication of being fazed by it at all though. Before Thirteen-Thirteen could think to ask why he was tossed into one of the very same cells. He rolled a few times before coming to a stop on his stomach.

Some other Shapeshifters were already there, now huddling in a corner of their own. Why? They almost looked afraid of the officers. The door slammed shut behind the rest of his siblings and the electricity returned.

Thirteen-Thirteen shook his head, once again trying to keep it clear of the others’ thoughts. Moving around his siblings who were headed the opposite direction he approached the door, careful not to touch it as he gazed out. He couldn’t even see the end of cells. It looked like there were two floors above them—likewise filled with Shapeshifters. A walkway with railing surrounded each of the higher levels while the center was hollow clear to the ceiling.

Why were they here? He shivered as he caught traces of the others’ fear again. He didn’t want to see them anymore. Hurrying back, he clung to Thirteen-Nine’s leg. She was already trying to get information from their new cellmates. They sat in a huddled clump, wide eyed and shaking as if Thirteen-Nine had told them she was going to eat them.

Finally they looked to each other and then the floor, bunching themselves together even tighter. Their answer was simple, although shaky.

“Shapeshifter recall.”
Back to top Go down
BradHummr
Admin
Admin
BradHummr

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:41 am

Yay chapter six! Seems like not too long ago I commented on chapter 5. .0. Cool cool. xD Onnnnn to the story. =.

Once again you start off with some fantastic descriptions that really set the tone of the upcoming scene. xD With the rain and the lights and stuff, very cool. =P Aha, some small details to add serious depth to everything, nice. Very Happy You know I didn't notice those right away, or realize how much they add because they don't SEEM important, I read them and am like: Huh. And then only after I re-read or think about it do I realize just how much they add. xD I've been breaking that habit lately though, noticing these details because I get much enjoyment out of using them to piece together a bigger picture of everything.

The lighting sounds really cool here. =O Red tubular stuff up higher eh? Neat! Wow, the way they were not greeted, how nobody is talking and the paths growing darker and stuff...VERY atmospheric. =P I mean it. Your choice of words works wonders on keeping everything fresh yet somehow familar at the same time, like I don't need to put extra thought into comprehending something due to the word choice. Very nice, very smooth, I like it! Guys, none of this raises a red flag? D= Nobody answered 1312, don't mind the moods, the drawn out stare....something is wrong guys. So many hallways and doors. .0. Hope there isn't a test later of where they went. =U xD

Uh oh, dual thick doors? Not good, soundproof for sure and either keeping something dangerous in, or protecting something unfit for normal minds. Either one is bad. D= Alright, when they first start feeling disrupted ways...just wow. xD A prime example of why your stories intrigue me so much. The word use, the...well, what you're describing. The scene has amazing emotion without making it personal. =P Like the STORY emits the emotion, the reader doesn't get the impression that you the author are emotional about it. That takes true skill. =U Just...everything, the place sounds like hell. xD Sorry about bad language but you describe it so well and it truly seems like a terrible, terrible place. Multiple floors, electricity, cold air, it's location, the shifters, the reason. Oh gosh the reason. =U After all this masterful describing when you have the simple words uttered, it's enough to make one's heart sink. Just imagining myself in the shifter's shoes, that is probably one of the worst things that can be said. A recall, knowing one's self was being recalled, and in a place like that. I mean wow. =U YOU have done a seriously amazing job getting your point across and I tell you, it shows. It really shows. I am somehow impressed even more by how much yours stories continue to excell at everything. The blend of entertainment and emotion cannot be beat. =P Thank you very much for posting!
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:11 am

I appears to be roughly two weeks ago or so =U XDD

MY GOSH my arm feels fat and hot today randomly

Funney. About the descript last night when it was "done" I was looking at it and like =| This isn't what I want at all. I ended up changing nearly the entire chapter o_o

Glad you do c: I know the details do indeed seem needless. Wich is probably why I start out so vague and then I'm like =| Needz moar personalizzed so we dun have a paper cut out location or lack of one at all |D

XDD!!! Brad dun need to put extra thought into thinking so he likes this story =U WIN. XDD
I get what you mean though I'm just being silly. Glad its atmospheric. It was the goal I had in mind C| to create an atmosphere otherwise my pacing would be really boring with they walked down a hall, then another, then turned and another...etc XD

Having them go through all those halls so people could get an idea of the length and such they walked through not insta there was hard to figure out pacing for without it sounding the same XP

They're dumb trusting Shifters =U they know nothing bad of the Federation XDD

*is a test randomly*

XDD

I\'m happy Brad is smarter than 1313 I see. I almost said THICKER XDD Cuz I had read your comment baout thick doors.

=D Thank you! It took me awhile of delving into the depths of my own mind to get a sense of the room beyond the doors =U XDD Hell isn't exactly bad language Wink I GET TO SAY IT ALL THE TIME AT CHURCH Epic Grin XPP

YES o3o the reason.

I am glad I have accomplished my goal =D After reading it a lot of times its always hard for me to tell because it loses emotional impact on me a lot of the time XDD
Your compliment makes me immensely happy C| And helps with my insecurities about writing |D

One more chapter to go befoooore melty melty =U ......I think. As you can probably tell by now, I made it much longer than the original.
Back to top Go down
BradHummr
Admin
Admin
BradHummr

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 2:15 am

xDD You certainly do seem to change a lot. I guess from a reader perspective it's hard to tell since we really only see the finished chapter. o.o But I know you probably don't get as much recognition for how much work and thought you actually put into these stories and chapters. You write about everything so convincingly, but even I sometimes forget that it's not something that you just write out and it's simple and easy.

I'm glad comment made you happy. xD Your stories make ME happy so I'm glad I could hopefully adequately express what I think about them. o.o Smilies and not exactly bad language are win BTW. xDD

Melty melty. D= Well I've said it before and I'll say it again, being sad will make it epic memorable I'm sure. =.
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:24 am

Indeed XD Hahah yeah far from simple and easy XPP .........even harder is actually waiting around until I am certain that it is how I want it.

Yay for mutual happiness!

I am glad they are win |D

indeed =U
Back to top Go down
Mega10
Admin
Admin
Mega10

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:53 am

Chapter Seven

Thirteen-Thirteen rolled over, pulling himself closer to Thirteen-Twelve as the nauseating familiarity returned. The main door was opening, it’s buzzing grumble like an alarm to all the Shapeshifters. Just like every other time, a sudden clash of hope and despair rippled through the entire room with sharp inclines and declines accordingly. He wished it would stop. Everything. It made his pulse race every time. And then there were the desperate Shapeshifters who would charge the door when opened even though the result was the same every time. It had an almost thwack sound to it amidst the electricity. Some kind of stick. The officers didn’t hesitate to use them on the poor Shapeshifters either.

This had gone on for hours. Or at least he thought it had been hours. There was nothing to do and not even a window to look outside through. Sleeping was next to impossible with all the disruptions. Frowning Thirteen-Thirteen walked in a small circle, staring at the glowing tips of his feet. It never had gotten any warmer since their arrival. Probably because of all the coolers—noisy things at the very top, if he was hearing right. When the Shapeshifters quieted down the coolers could be heard shoving out unwanted air. It has a dusty smell to it as if the thing hadn’t been used in a long time.

Ever since talking to the other Shapeshifters, his own siblings hadn’t wanted to play or even talk. They sat in their own corner much like the others, huddled up and staring off distantly—everyone aside from Thirteen-Twelve anyway. But even he didn’t seem to want to play right now. Thirteen-Thirteen walked in another small circle before flopping himself down. Thirteen-Twelve made no comment about it.

Thirteen-Thirteen glanced over at the other Shapeshifters. Some of them had their eyes closed, although they didn’t look to be at peace with anything—more like barely keeping from hyperventilating. Their cell had Shapeshifters close in age to his siblings, but he had seen others of just about every age group imaginable come through. They all shared the same frame of mind. He guessed that’s what the officers had meant earlier—that these zetraloids weren’t very happy. But why? What was a Shapeshifter recall anyway?

His helmet fins perked up. This was new. Instead of bringing more down the officers were taking some out. One of the Shapeshifters was frantic though. It had even managed to knock one of the officers down. The others caught it fast enough and took better care to keep it from doing something like that again with yet another mean looking little tool. The Shapeshifter crumpled to the cement flooring almost instantly. Thirteen-Thirteen frowned as he watched the officers drag it out. Dumb Shapeshifter recall. Did their dad know they had been taken here? Maybe he was here too. It’d be awful hard to find him.

As time went on, the process repeated again and again. It hadn’t been just hours anymore. Days. Someone had told him that his family had turned up three days ago. Others had been there longer. They must have been miserable with nowhere to run. He certainly was.

The cell next to their own opened. The officers had been coming in far more frequently the past couple days, but the zetraloids in the cells no longer wanted to go with them. Instead of the usual chaos when the door would open, everyone would become instantly silent, sitting at the backs of the cells—anything to blend in. He’d heard some of the Shapeshifters from other cells telling each other stories about what happened to those who left. Bad stories. Stories about dying. About it being their last few days and how they might as well enjoy it.

Some of them had lost their pacifist mind frame entirely and had begun fighting. Just earlier that morning one of the Shapeshifters had nearly killed another. Even Thirteen-Thirteen knew that was wrong—Shapeshifters were peacekeepers!

“Niney…I wanna go home…”

“I know…”

“Now why would you want something like that?”

Thirteen-Thirteen’s helmet fins twitched as he turned to find the voice’s owner.

“I thought you of all zetras would enjoy a trip to the Federation.”The officer at the door smiled lightly as he looked away.

Thirteen-Thirteen attempted to look around him. As far as he could tell no other officers had followed. He hesitated before his curiosity won. Focusing on the crackly noise of electricity to keep from running, he inched his way over, stopping a few inches before the door—the easiest place to see through without touching the electricity pulsing across the front.

The officer was dressed in a well ironed blue uniform. He glanced both ways, an evident smirk on his face as he leaned closer, barely keeping far enough away not to get zapped himself.

“Hey.” He said simply then stood straight again, looking the opposite way with his hands behind his back. He half watched as additional officers arrived and begun dragging the Shapeshifters out of the cell next to Thirteen-Thirteen’s. “Enjoy your day, ’Shifter.”

Thirteen-Thirteen frowned as the officer glanced back at him. The confidence glimmering in the other’s eyes was almost unnerving. He was enjoying this. Thirteen-Thirteen’s mind raced, sifting through recent memories and trying to find a match for this familiar face. He settled at last into the windy day he and Thirteen-Twelve had attempted to take the duffel bag from a group of officers. Thirteen-Thirteen’s helmet fins perked up.

The officer’s smirk coiled as he nodded and then turned to join the others.

----

A little bit of info stuff
Howdy y'all and here is our next installation into the Faint Deception short story. Did you know it was only supposed to be 20 chapters at first? For that matter did you know my first story was only 12 chapters? o_o Anyway!

This is just a short transition chapter so to speak. Acts as a kind of medium grounds leveling off the happenings of the previous one and giving us a more mellow moment before we spike back up again. You like that definition? I like to call it artistic writing. That aside there's a familiar face in here if you're good at remembering subtle details. If you're not its a ref and actually a fulfilled threat of chapter one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Faint Deception    Faint Deception  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faint Deception

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MB :: Zyturri :: Zyturri Stories-